• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The entire shift with Pikachu in the Pokeball, over 13k steps... translated into 2 Rare Candies, a berry and something else. XD

If it follows a similar pattern and I take a Pokémon every day to work that would be 10 Rare Candies a week and something else. No biggie, but something. :p

It's terriible compared to how it was in Let's Go.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
These fossil Pokemon may not be the best new Pokemon but they're certainly my favorite.

Their Pokedex entries more or less confirm the theory that it's just kids writing them and not actually, like, science. Sorry Prof. Oak that your dream turned out to just be a wiki without editors.
The Dex entries are likely written by Cara Liss or other scientists that think these were real creatures.
I hate the theory that kids write the dex entries with a passion. The dex is a scientific tool, not a wiki run by kids.

Oct 27, 2017
I have goomy and swirlix and anyone know: what's the best nature for duraludon ? I'm thinking adamant ?

Its stats would suggest a special attacker, but I think its phys and special movepools seem about equal. Maybe modest or timid if you want to make it a special sweeper? Its speed is surprisngly higher than I expected. I'm not a hardcore competitive player, though.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Hop actually had a good developpement arc. The last battle was great and
he found his purpose in life and got out of his brother's opressing shadow, it was nicely done tbh

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So in this wild Pokemon battle, why did my Pokemon get left with 1 HP after a bit that shouldn't have done that? In gen 7, it would say why, but I can't explain why it happened here.
Also, why are the majority of Pokemon I'm finding female? Seems like a strange coincidence.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Just beat the game. The last 2 hours of the game were so bad narrative wise. I'm glad that the story isn't a main sell for this series.

Also, Hop is the worst Rival they've ever made. Please don't ever make a rival as annoying as him ever again.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Okay, Hop actually had a good developpement arc. The last battle was great and
he found his purpose in life and got out of his brother's opressing shadow, it was nicely done tbh
The change in his personality felt a bit abrupt to me. He also couldn't learn to use super effective moves to save his damn life, especially when
he used Dubwool in the macro cosmos battles and the Eternatus raid.

That would be one of the easiest things to fix in a third version and would make him moderately less annoying.

It was a match made in heaven.

unknown.png

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Is it me or every singe time you take part in a raid and finish it you also get notifications for much better raids than the one you just completed that obviously aren't available anymore ?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, one thing I'm really happy about this generation is that GameFreak finally seemed to fully realized that a Pokemon that lives in water doesn't have to be a water type.

Previously we only had Eelektross (who lived in a cave in Gen V) and Stunfisk who were aquatic creatures that weren't water types but this gen we got Clobbopus's line, Cursola, and Pincurchin (as well as G!Stunfisk but he's just continuing his trend plus he's not really a fish in this one?).

There's such a surplus of water types so I really hope they keep this going in the future.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Is it me or every singe time you take part in a raid and finish it you also get notifications for much better raids than the one you just completed that obviously aren't available anymore ?
I think that's a fairy common problem with the ycom. Sometimes the raids are still ongoing though. It happens to me every once in a while.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
The change in his personality felt a bit abrupt to me. He also couldn't learn to use super effective moves to save his damn life, especially when
he used Dubwool in the macro cosmos battles and the Eternatus raid.

That would be one of the easiest things to fix in a third version and would make him moderately less annoying.
His change in goals was abrupt, but his character growth was pretty gradual and mostly well done. If any character got shafted in terms of development, it's Marnie who is just suddenly the gym leader despite not wanting to take her brother's position before.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In general it really just feels like you can't refresh the stamps fast enough. You can only see so many at a time (which is understandably a limitation) but the rate at which you can get new ones is pretty poor.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
His change in goals was abrupt, but his character growth was pretty gradual and mostly well done. If any character got shafted in terms of development, it's Marnie who is just suddenly the gym leader despite not wanting to take her brother's position before.
I think I'd have less of a problem with how abrupt it felt if the middle part of the game was better paced without expecting the player to go back to the wild area. I also noticed a weird dichotomy between Hop's inability to cope with losing and his happy go lucky vibes throughout most of the story.

Bede goes through nearly the exact same changes to Marnie, not really wanting to take over the fairy gym leader role even though Opal puts him through a "boot camp." Then you beat him and he's resigned to his overly pink fate. All the rivals seemed to have rushed development and resolutions to me.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Honestly, one thing I'm really happy about this generation is that GameFreak finally seemed to fully realized that a Pokemon that lives in water doesn't have to be a water type.

Previously we only had Eelektross (who lived in a cave in Gen V) and Stunfisk who were aquatic creatures that weren't water types but this gen we got Clobbopus's line, Cursola, and Pincurchin (as well as G!Stunfisk but he's just continuing his trend plus he's not really a fish in this one?).

There's such a surplus of water types so I really hope they keep this going in the future.

They also realized Water types not only live on water, they also live in snowy land
well.gif

Or floating above huge mushrooms

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd have less of a problem with how abrupt it felt if the middle part of the game was better paced without expecting the player to go back to the wild area. I also noticed a weird dichotomy between Hop's inability to cope with losing and his happy go lucky vibes throughout most of the story.

Bede goes through nearly the exact same changes to Marnie, not really wanting to take over the fairy gym leader role even though Opal puts him through a "boot camp." Then you beat him and he's resigned to his overly pink fate. All the rivals seemed to have rushed development and resolutions to me.
I mean Bede literally disappears halfway through the story and his tension with Rose and Oleana is never addressed or resolved again, I didn't mention him because like yeah he very obviously drew a short stick in terms of development. I'd argue he gets treated even worse really. I just think Hop had way more time to stew since arc started from the very beginning of the game.

They also realized Water types not only live on water, they also live in snowy land
well.gif

Or floating above huge mushrooms
Honestly they can put water Pokemon wherever the fuck they like so long as they stop making so many of them.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I've seen the stats on g-corsola and I'm definitely going to try out eviolite but now I really want to play Cursola, those stats look fantastic and I need that hidden ability to understand the full picture

I'm sorry chief, this ain't the game for you, much more similar to X/Y and S/M than R/S/E or D/P/P
Its worse than XY and SM, honestly. XY had some dungeons, routes weren't point a to point b(something that even Unova is guilty of) and while SM did cut areas off or have stuff that weren't anything special, a lot of the routes had 2 or 3 exits that led to a city or somewhere else. Galar is like Unova if Unova had none of the Points of Interest or blocked off areas

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for some Shield exclusives, specifically the fossils (I have plenty to repay you with) and Corsola (I'd like to have the hidden ability but I understand it's hard to find a Dynamax one in the wild area)
I can try to breed you a HA Corsola from my own if you would like.

I've seen the stats on g-corsola and I'm definitely going to try out eviolite but now I really want to play Cursola, those stats look fantastic and I need that hidden ability to understand the full picture

I'm pretty curious to see how Cursola will play in the meta since it loses a lot in Defense when it evolves but it's HA also disincentivizes using Physical Attacks against it since you risk getting Perished.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually wondered something for a while...before your rival used to have a type-advantage towards you bc of your starter. Now they're at a disadvantage. Why did they change that? It makes things too easy lol.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've actually wondered something for a while...before your rival used to have a type-advantage towards you bc of your starter. Now they're at a disadvantage. Why did they change that? It makes things too easy lol.

It was in Black and White first, Cheren would choose the starter strong against yours and Bianca would choose the one that was weak.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
It was in Black and White first, Cheren would choose the starter strong against yours and Bianca would choose the one that was weak.
Oh yeah I'm aware it didn't start here but just wondering why they didn't give Hop the type advantage in this one or Hau in S/M. And I skipped X/Y but I'm guessing you had the advantage there too. Maybe it's just my stream of thought now lol.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I can try to breed you a HA Corsola from my own if you would like.

I'm pretty curious to see how Cursola will play in the meta since it loses a lot in Defense when it evolves but it's HA also disincentivizes using Physical Attacks against it since you risk getting Perished.
That'd be great, as long as it has the HA I can do by myself afterward, if there's anything you need please let me know, I haven't started breeding but I have a lot of parents material already, plus I did a bunch of raids so I might have some mons you're missing. my FC is SW-7690-1740-9613

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh yeah I'm aware it didn't start here but just wondering why they didn't give Hop the type advantage in this one or Hau in S/M. And I skipped X/Y but I'm guessing you had the advantage there too. Maybe it's just my stream of thought now lol.

Looking into it, your main rival for X/Y does choose the starter strong against yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.