• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

6d76e2b616f093b4a2ecba260cd262c3.gif

FC : SW-4110-4885-7810

3. out of. 5.

Just do it if you're champion. I just beat him. Just...do it.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So... Mild pre-launch hysteria aside. Is this a good Pokémon game?

It's a great Pokémon game. Does a lot to narrow the gap in casual and core play styles and it will likely extend its staying power as a result. It also introduces Max Raids which is kinda Pokémon's first real attempt at online multiplayer since Wi-Fi battles were introduced and... it's real good. Rough around the edges but overall super engaging and I can't stop exploring the Wild Area looking for raids and new Pokémon to catch.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
OMFG why is it so hard to catch Pokemon in this game? I'm regularly blowing through two dozen Pokeballs and getting my team trashed in the process. I don't think it's ever been this hard to catch.

For real! Ultra balls don't do jack in this game. I spent nearly 50 trying to catch two Falinks with nothing to show for it. I just killed em out of frustration.

They just pop out immediately. Argh!

Did you get the NPC with the Magikarp that knows Hydro Pump

lol

lmaoooo yes! We were cracking up hard. Wtf was that.

At least that was useful. I kept getting NPCs that show up with wishiwashi and the other fish just to get OHKO'd. There was another one that just kept on using buffs on itself just to die repeatedly.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Revisiting older areas when you can go over water is rewarding. There are some great Pokemon spawns in those areas too.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know any good rental team codes? Want to play some ranked online but haven't got a competitive team together yet and wanting to see what the meta is

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if gym leaders were your random AI partners in post game raids.

But nah Captain Eevee is fine.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
It's okay and highly flawed but it's the best Pokémon game on the switch. If you enjoy the series, you'll probably at least have some fun with the game. Having just finished the main story last night, I ended up enjoying it less than the 3DS games, for reference.

Oct 25, 2017
Completely frustrating that I want to catch a Frillish for my team but the weather in the wild area for five days now has not cooperated. I just said to hell with it and I'll catch a Jellicent later on. Could have definitely used it in the fourth gym in Sword but I managed.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. So considering no one has accepted my challenge, twice mind you, I'm declaring...

I AM THE OFFICIAL POKÉMON CHAMPION OF ERA

56393530f2bd0fa3dd4450cc40cd409d.gif

Have a good weekend fools

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Better than the 3DS games, worse than the DS ones.

It has some great highs but also a lot of rough edges and doesn't really feel finished.

I'd say it's a middle-of-the-road Pokemon game, which still means it's a lot of fun and worth a playthrough since that's a pretty good curve.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really interested in picking this up but haven't played since Yellow. Is it still mostly the same mechanics? Also, is there any MP online?

Yeah the core gameplay loop is still pretty much unchanged from Red/Blue/Yellow. It's been expanded somewhat but each game assumes it's your first and will usually do a good job of tutorialising you.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Ey guys, I imagine you know already this but you can cheese the shit out of gigantamax:

It takes way longer than 5 minutes unless you are extremely lucky and get the 5% spawn immediately.

Edit: It also seems to be weather dependent.

Wait until tomorrow and they'll have it down to a science.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
IVs really need to either be dropped or just give you 6 Max IVs during Battle Tower/multiplayer battles. It's literally a test of patience and RNG with no skill or strategy involved. It's just breed the thing until you get the one you want. EV spread is actually interesting since you can customize your Pokemon with that, but IVs? Either pony up for the Hyper Training, get really lucky, or just have more patience than everyone else and straight up catch you want, or spend hours breeding and going through subpar result after subpar result and maybe eventually get the luck you need.

I have tried so many times and STILL cannot get any Ditto to appear in that specific raid den. It's just a constant frustration as I get yet another Diggersby or Greedent.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
People have already found set dates that you can change to that guarantee a specific weather. Can't find the post right now but it's out there.

I saw the comments under the video. That's why I editted in "just wait until tomorrow". I'm sure they will have it entirely figured out really soon. As it is, if you follow the video exactly, it took me about an hour to 1) get the purple beam (which doesn't take long) and 2) get the correct pokemon.
I had to test it because I love breaking things.

My plan was to get gyga Gengar and I discovered he's Shield exclusive and now I want to die. If a get a Machamp from sword would one of you trade for a Gengar?

Unfortunately, I have Sword and can't get Gengar either.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get a hidden ability Snom for like a hot minute, but making this raid appear with wishing stones isn't working out for me, and I haven't seen a single raid for it in Y-Comm.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
God damn it I just threw the last gym hard.

I switched out the wrong Pokemon and let that skyscraper obliterate my entire team.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Ey guys, I imagine you know already this but you can cheese the shit out of gigantamax:

Learned to use this exploit yesterday. It is amazing when it works. Kept getting Kinglers GMAX in a few minutes, however as someone already said it can still take time. Spent 40 minutes for the cake GMAX, but made sure people would be able to join. Going to host Machamp today and some other GMAX missing.

Oct 26, 2017
Learned to use this exploit yesterday. It is amazing when it works. Kept getting Kinglers GMAX in a few minutes, however as someone already said it can still take time. Spent 40 minutes for the cake GMAX, but made sure people would be able to join. Going to host Machamp today and some other GMAX missing.

GMax Kingler is pretty common. I'm having a much harder time trying to find a Regenerator Toxapex in the same den.
GMax Gengar took hours to find even with this method.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Just a quick impressions (I'm nowhere near done with the game, but played enough to have an educated first opinion).

I'll just keep it simple. I like a lot (not all, but a lot, and you can't please everyone) of the Gameplay ideas they implemented here. But the game, from a technical standpoint, is indeed a hot mess. But I am having fun so that's all that matters to me.

However this has me hopeful for future generations in that the ideas they had were mostly good, they just had too little experience with HD console hardware on top of too little time to make it work the way they probably wanted it to. Meaning with a lot more time in the oven these things could be great. That's what I choose to believe anyways.

As for Dexit, or what they call it these days, I do get the concerns to some extent but I personally can't bring myself to care.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Route 10 is terrifying with gangs of Galarian Mr. Mime chasing you down while tap dancing
I'm gonna have nightmares about that

Status
Not open for further replies.