• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just watched a streamer catch a shiny Gmax Corviknight from a raid so given that I guess if you somehow find a shiny yourself you could possibly savescum it to let others catch it. On top of that I managed to actually join a randoms 5* ditto raid and it has 31,31,15,30,31,31 IV's, I'm really happy with that.

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched a streamer catch a shiny Gmax Corviknight from a raid so given that I guess if you somehow find a shiny yourself you could possibly savescum it to let others catch it. On top of that I managed to actually join a randoms 5* ditto raid and it has 31,31,15,30,31,31 IV's, I'm really happy with that.

Did he get it first try?
And if not, does it stay shiny across different tries?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Asking again as nobody answered last time. Can you not solo the end game raids? Do you need to use the matchmaking because it seems so poor so far?
I mean you technically can solo the 5-star raids, but it's extremely difficult as the 'partner' AI is beyond stupid and dies very quickly (I often don't take any damage but still lose because the AI manages to faint 4 times). Then at times it is so stupid it actively works against you. I had a raid against a 5* Seismitoad (with its hidden ability - Water Absorb), and the game spawned Wishiwashi and Magikarp as my partners. They kept using Hydro Pump and healing the damn thing in the process.

I've beaten plenty by myself, but it is extremely hard, not in a good way. Don't expect to be able to take out 5* Gigantimax raids by yourself (even at L100 with a 4x type advantage).

Yes the matchmaking is beyond broken too, it is near impossible to get any help without actively seeking partners out on forums. Not acceptable netcode in a 2019 game.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's pretty much impossible to beat 5* raids with just the AI. The AI is too random, weak, and stupid.
I mean you technically can solo the 5-star raids, but it's extremely difficult as the 'partner' AI is beyond stupid and dies very quickly (I often don't take any damage but still lose because the AI manages to faint 4 times). Then at times it is so stupid it actively works against you. I had a raid against a 5* Seismitoad (with its hidden ability - Water Absorb), and the game spawned Wishiwashi and Magikarp as my partners. They kept using Hydro Pump and healing the damn thing in the process.

I've beaten plenty by myself, but it is extremely hard, not in a good way. Don't expect to be able to take out 5* Gigantimax raids by yourself (even at L100 with a 4x type advantage).

Yes the matchmaking is beyond broken too, it is near impossible to get any help without actively seeking partners out on forums. Not acceptable netcode in a 2019 game.
That's disappointing apointing to hear, hopefully it's improved via patches. I really won't be happy to see things fixed in a third version.

Oct 26, 2017
He threw his master ball at it lol. It was a viewer who actually found it and invited him, they said they failed to catch it first time but just reloaded so savescumming it is possible.

Smart guy.
I know that savescumming the encounter is possible, but I was wondering if the PID(and thus the shininess) is fixed for the spawn. My guess is it isn't though.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
Could someone help me fill my Pokedex? I would need the missing starters and sword exclusives. Even touch trading would be fine. I just need the Pokedex entries.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome, I'm glad we have confirmation that they arent shiny locked

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What IVs are the best for Toxel? Amadant or Naive?
Depends on the build you want

Toxtricity @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf / Expert Belt
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive / Mild / Rash Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Fire Punch
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Shift Gear / Taunt

Toxtricity @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Physical Guitar
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: (HP 4) (Atk 252) (Speed 252)
Shift Gear
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch/Drain Punch

Special Bass
Item: Life Orb/Throat Spray (Boosts Sp.Atk after using a sound move)
Nature: Modest (Note you need to use a Modest mint because Shift Gear is Amped form exclusive)
EV's: (HP 4) (Sp.Atk 252) (Speed 252)
Shift Gear (Just for the speed)
Overdrive
Boomburst
Sludge Bomb

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
End game question
how many times you battle the ehm ex-champion in the Battle Tower? Just beat him for the second time but judging by his words it's not the last

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Physical Guitar
Shift Gear
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch/Drain Punch

Special Bass
Nature: Modest
Overdrive
Boomburst
Sludge Bomb

Shift Gear on Bass Toxitricity makes no sense cause its exclusive to the amped up Form.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Just wanted to say how much fun I'm having with Shield. The intense negativity before release made me hesitant to get it but I'm so glad I did. I'd only really gotten into Gen 1 Pokemon and Let's Go Pikachu so I'm rather casual. I haven't had too much trouble with any of the gym battles until last night when I approached the 4th gym wrongly thinking it was poison type and brought all the wrong pokemon with me. Allister got me down to one pokemon, a Noctowl with little health left and his final pokemon tried to sleep my Noctowl. The Noctowl thankfully had the Insomnia ability and I was able to get one last hit in to take him down. By far my most thrilling victory yet. I was also thrilled to capture a Ponyta last night as my kids cheered me on but wow, that thing was tough to secure. Broke through multiple great balls and I finally had to catch it in a level ball. Now to get through work so I can get back to work on my pokedex grind!

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Ponyta in a wonder trade, thank you French player.

Also what do the stars on the card mean? I currently have four.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017

- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Physical Guitar
Shift Gear
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch/Drain Punch

Special Bass
Nature: Modest
Overdrive
Boomburst
Sludge Bomb

Wait, most of the builds are for low key, is amped inferior?

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
It's unbelievable how rushed and incomplete this game feels at times

-You have stuff like Leon off-screening Dynamax Pokemon. This is the second time something is done off screen in this game.

-If you compare the 8th Gym versus the 1st Gym, you can see just how much the quality of the game drops the latter you get. The 1st gym had an cute challenge that feels like it at least took some effort to design, The 8th gym is a small room with 3 trainers....

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I gotta say, i hope the next male protagonist isn't as bland looking as this and the previous one. Nate cool, but the last 2 were literally just nothing to me. It's not a real problem since i play as the girl always, but yeah.

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Just discovered there is NO multiplayer/co op battle tower in this game.

I could take Dexit, I could take the crap animations, I could take the weak story... but the battle tower is ALL me and my friends played together and what we trained teams for. Fuck off Gamefreak. I think I might finally be done with Pokemon.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So Falinks... the Pokedex entry confirms that it's five separate little Pokemon? Hatching an egg with five of these dudes popping out?

Suppose that's not any weirder than Exeggcute though.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
They don't do patches for anything other than gamebreaking bugs (Lumiose breaking saves in XY is the only one I can think of), performance patches aren't really something they do. Once its released they focus on the next game.
Ugh that really sucks. It's so disappointing when a company doesn't support their releases.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Just discovered there is NO multiplayer/co op battle tower in this game.

I could take Dexit, I could take the crap animations, I could take the weak story... but the battle tower is ALL me and my friends played together and what we trained teams for. Fuck off Gamefreak. I think I might finally be done with Pokemon.
I warned several times in threads that they gutted the tower.

On a different note, how long does it take to get G Max Pokemon when rare den farming? This is expensive on my raid points getting Wishing items, the rare spawns just arent giving me G Max Kingler. I hate this system.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 5* star Falinks before I went to bed last night. How do you know if it has perfect IVs? Let's go made it easy to check for those.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Bots are so damn weak in Raids. The times I've seen fucking Magickarp is absurd. Well at least he got Hydro Pump but still...

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It's unbelievable how rushed and incomplete this game feels at times

-You have stuff like Leon off-screening Dynamax Pokemon. This is the second time something is done off screen in this game.

-If you compare the 8th Gym versus the 1st Gym, you can see just how much the quality of the game drops the latter you get. The 1st gym had an cute challenge that feels like it at least took some effort to design, The 8th gym is a small room with 3 trainers....
The 7th gym is so baffling to me too

I'm a fan of the gen 1 thing of unifying the enemy team with the gym challenge in some way so it doesn't feel like you went out and accomplished too completely different disparate things just because one occasionally happened to get in the way of the other.

However why was the 7th gym so bad? This place is supposed to be a city, enemy team headquarters, and late-game gym all wrapped into one and it's literally less complex than any single one of those in any of the previous games. This would have been THE place to put a complicated maze of back alleys, seedy apartments, and empty lots as you tried to find your way to the leader while battling Team Yell.

But instead it takes place in fucking Dark Sun Gwyndolin's boss room.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The 7th gym is so baffling to me too

I'm a fan of the gen 1 thing of unifying the enemy team with the gym challenge in some way so it doesn't feel like you went out and accomplished too completely different disparate things just because one occasionally happened to get in the way of the other.

However why was the 7th gym so bad? This place is supposed to be a city, enemy team headquarters, and late-game gym all wrapped into one and it's literally less complex than any single one of those in any of the previous games. This would have been THE place to put a complicated maze of back alleys, seedy apartments, and empty lots as you tried to find your way to the leader while battling Team Yell.

But instead it takes place in fucking Dark Sun Gwyndolin's boss room.
It was basically the same idea as Po Town but not as good. Guzma is also cooler than Piers.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
After a seemingly endless stream of garbage, a surprise trade actually sent me a starter Pokémon! That's nice. I have 2/3 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.