• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
So Zacian is by far the best pokemon for raids right? Its signiture move is 200 power against dynamax 'mons, zacian has 170 base attack and 148 base speed in crowned sword form and it boosts its own attack at the start of each fight. On top of that its fairy/ steel so has 2 immunities, 9 resistances and only 2 weaknesses. Pretty ridiculous.

Its equally overpowered for the battle tower, I maxxed out attack and speed EVs, did the hyper training and got adamant nature and I'm just sweeping through everything. Weird that they allow the legendaries into the battle tower.
Eternatus and the dogs are equally the best for raids. They one shot every 5* encounter (by one shot I mean they reach each threshold with a single attack if trained).

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, so if I have all but one of my IVs maxed, easiest way is to level to 100 and then use a bottle cap?
Yes, ideally you want to get the Pokémon you want to train from a 5* raid. That way it will have at least 4 maxed IVs and depending on your luck you will only need to use a single cap to max all relevant stats.

The only thing we can't really control now are hidden abilities and G Max "gene".

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Drive-by trolling
Played for a couple of hours. Super into it.

So all the complaints were wither overblown or just lies made up by neckbeards, huh?

Wild.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a couple of hours. Super into it.

So all the complaints were wither overblown or just lies made up by neckbeards, huh?

Wild.
IMO the complaints are completely legit and will start annoying you once you beat the campaign and realize how little is left to do other than grind raids.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really want to take my time playing through the game but the way everything is gated by gym badges means I need to fly through everything as quickly as possible. The Wild Area feels almost like a different game than the rest of the campaign.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Y-Comm stuff is like so jank. I think I have set to friends only now (which you can like only do if your friends stamps are already in your feed which is dumb), but I can't actually interact with the stamps that show up on the left. They don't show in my feed when I press Y. Dunno what constitutes what makes them show up in the feed or not, but I see friends that want to trade and I can't accept their shit.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
14 failed attempts to catch Gmax Centiskorch in a row. Kind guy on discord gives one away for free out of pity. Next raid I find another gmax Centi encounter and ofc catch it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
brokeastronaut and I just obliterated a 5* Grimmsnarl with the 2 dogs lol
They're so fucking broken with those special moves that are stronger against Dynamax stuff there's litterally no other reason to use anything else once you have them lol
On one hand it's boring to use the same thing over and over again for the rest of the game. On the other hand it's SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
This is one of the first games I've played as a girl character. She's just way too goddamn cute compared to the bland boy mc.

They're so fucking broken with those special moves that are stronger against Dynamax stuff there's litterally no other reason to use anything else once you have them lol
On one hand it's boring to use the same thing over and over again for the rest of the game. On the other hand it's SUPER EFFECTIVE.

I would imagine you'd use other stuff for typing, no? Like, those double effective against dynamax stuff are on moves that are steel in typing and Grimm is part fairy, which is weak to steel, if you did it on a fire pokemon, I'd imagine there'd be diminishing returns, no?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine you'd use other stuff for typing, no? Like, those double effective against dynamax stuff are on moves that are steel in typing and Grimm is part fairy, which is weak to steel, if you did it on a fire pokemon, I'd imagine there'd be diminishing returns, no?
The ABSURD stats from the legendaries more than make up for the lack of super effective moves against certain Pokémons. They break thresholds from 5* raids every single time with their stuff.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I came to the realization that the games would need to abandon type specialized gyms in order to be more difficult.

The 3rd Gym leader basically had
3 fully evolved Pokemon including a Giga form
and yet people are still feeling the games are too easy.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's take Charizard. Dynamax Charizard has Max Flare that summons sun. Gigantamax Charizard has a move that gives residual damage. In most cases, summoning sun is better.

Some exceptions exist ofc. Lapras, Butterfree, Snorlax when it's released.
Wait can GMax Charizard not utilize both?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IMO the complaints are completely legit and will start annoying you once you beat the campaign and realize how little is left to do other than grind raids.
As a returning player who's not really done post game since soulsilver, what would usually be there that we're missing? I was never that hooked on the SS post game due to balancing issues in that area (low level mons) and I think I remember another game unlocking an extra area you could go to catch extra mons from older games. But for me at least the wild area serves a similar purpose. I definitely remember there being post game dungeons which I wont be expecting here, but just kinda curious what else I may have missed in other games that won't have a counterpart here.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Man this game has crazy issues, I could make lists and lists of little things that bug me, feels like the game designers have been ignoring 20 years worth game design philopshy.

despite that I'm really digging this, love the new region and new pokemon.

I really hope when they release Supersword and Ultrashield that we can just upgrade like DLC.

got addicted to ramdom trades for an hour lol.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Tbh I haven't even thought about the math but I've been using that Steel attack on things that it wouldn't normally be effective on and it still crushes everything. I figured with the 200 power and Steel type advantage whatever damage I'm getting out of it outweighs anything else I should bother with. Not to mention the dogs are tanky. I don't even think during raids anymore. It's horribly imbalanced but I'm taking advantage of it in case anything changes.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't I sort all of my pokemon by dex # or type or name or anything?

Love this game but the box organization starts to become pretty awful with 150+ pokemon. I can't imagine what a shitshow it is with folks catching 1000+

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

I've been selling the treasures I get only to buy new clothes. Help.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My Rookidee shiny hunt is now at 29 hours - I haven't even got my league card yet.

Officially my longest ever hunt in the games.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've failed to join every time I try to go to someone's max raid... anyone know why?
Error code: 2-ALZAA-0034
My Switch is in Japanese, so the messages says 通信相手が 見つかりませんでした。(Unable to find connection partner)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just throwing this out there in case anyone sees it, but I'm looking for Hidden Ability Seismitoad, so if any raiders come across one please hit me up so I can join you. Unless anyone knows what raid hole I should be throwing wishing well pieces into to hunt for it myself, that knowledge would be useful. Or ya know, if anyone has one they can trade me :)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've failed to join every time I try to go to someone's max raid... anyone know why?
The list youre looking at refreshes like garbage. Thats why. either only try to get into a raid when you see it pop on the side of your screen, or put your wireless on local then internet and hop into one of the immediate ones you see.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Lmaoooooooo, it fits so good with Shin Takara Jima.
For those who aren't familiar with the music video for that wonderful song, that's similar to their dance:

The song/video were very popular in Japan, and Sakanaction is an incredible band.

I didn't know about the song beforehand but after going through the comments and finding the video, it's like...so perfect. Hitmontops expresssion especially lol

Song is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.