• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Which one? I think they're all good, but

the "7th gym". We don't get a town because of it and the "gym" sucks as it's just a linear pathway. 8th gym has a great idea with the weather focus and the trainers in it using these moves, but the fact it's just a room with 3 NPCs makes it kinda ridiculous as it was clearly unfinished. It needed a "dungeon" based around weather changing, would be fantastic.

it was raihan's actually. just three regular battles? are you kidding me? couldnt you at least find a gimmick to use like kabus gym did so well? i dont even consider that stretch of walking for gym 7 as a mission, its pathetic. though i did like the fight with piers and no dynamaxing

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it. Idk if I'll do a big post with overall feelings but two things:

1. Initial gut reaction is that the game's new mons are, at the very least, better than Gen 6 and 7. Plus Galarian forms are better than Alola.

2. Hate the champion's team.
Comprised of old mons besides exactly 1 discounting the starter. It's an ok team otherwise but meh. Plus I'm a Charizard hater, so ugh. At least I take solace in the fact that its gigantamax form is ugly, looks like it has a huge pot belly lmao.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was raihan's actually. just three regular battles? are you kidding me? couldnt you at least find a gimmick to use like kabus gym did so well? i dont even consider that stretch of walking for gym 7 as a mission, its pathetic. though i did like the fight with piers and no dynamaxing
Yeah, Piers is nice with the unique theme, arena and no dynas. Most hilarious thing about the 8th gym is that I also expected it to maybe be the Castle gym I was expecting this game to have, but nope, no castles in it after all. Just seemed an obvious idea for a gym.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
So Magnet Pull isn't in the game and Duraldon has a 1% chance to spawn. Great.

Are there any other abilities that attract steel types?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of crazy how you can lose track of time and have hours go by before getting to the first gym lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 9 hours in and haven't gotten to the second Gym yet. And I'm not playing slowly either, just trying to catch most Pokemon I see

I just beat the 2nd after like 10 hours, my friend responded with "Finally." lolol

I'm notoriously slow when it comes to getting through the story tho, I just find it very amusing that your Pokemon can be in the 20s before you even get your 1st badge lol

Oct 26, 2017
how hard is it to complete the Pokedex ?

never done that before

It's not really hard per se, but it takes a fair bit of determination and patience to get to the end of it.
I'd recommend waiting until the post game to get started on it. You'll also want to get a dedicated capturing Pokemon to help you out. I'm using Hypnosis/False Swipe/Swords Dance/Draining Kiss Gallade holding a Wide Lens myself.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
About to take on the third gym, he's the squad I'm taking in with me:

6stGHEg.jpg

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Anyone had much luck finding people for Max Raids? Some 4 star ones have started popping up and the AI trainers are dolts. Made sure I'm on internet rather than local but still not seen anyone else when inviting others

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Need to figure out how to best grind money in this game. I'd rather pay 500k to fully ev a mon than actually EV train.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will I like the games if I loved XY and disliked Sun and Moon?
If you disliked the linearity, handholding and cutscenes in SM, this has all of it and doubles down on these aspects (it has less story than SM, but still somehow has a lot of dialogue and interruptions). But if you liked the connectivity in XY maybe you would like the raids and wild area in this, even if online is godawful. Hard to say without knowing what you like or dislike in these games, I would personally say that the gym battles are the strongest point of the game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Yikes, this part of the story makes it pretty obvious that they had to rush some things to meet the deadline.

"Dynamax Pokémon are suddenly appearing everywhere!" *Leon fights them off-screen* "Oh, it's okay, problem solved!"

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
So I just found out while trying to evolve my Linoone that

It only counts if you're in a location where it can actually be night. The part of the game where you're naturally reaching around Level 35 (around Glimwood Tangle) doesn't use the day/night cycle, so it can't evolve there

Why...

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Yeah, I had a look at the gym leader myself and woof, they look tough. Especially given that the first gym leader is at level 19-20, that's normally second gym level and not first gym level. 😲

It feels oldschool pokemon challenging... which wasn't THAT challenging just slightly tough in parts, and if you change the battle style from switch to set it makes the even more slightly difficult. It's still an easy game overall just a little less easy compared to other newer games.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys, I gotta ask. Has any Sword-er found another Tart Apple yet, or is it a strict one-and-done thing? Because boy, I'd be pissed if it turned out I burned it on a bad Applin.

I'm 9 hours in and haven't gotten to the second Gym yet. And I'm not playing slowly either, just trying to catch most Pokemon I see
I just beat the 2nd after like 10 hours, my friend responded with "Finally." lolol

I'm notoriously slow when it comes to getting through the story tho, I just find it very amusing that your Pokemon can be in the 20s before you even get your 1st badge lol
I've got you both beat. I was at 20 because I got distracted between my Ahab's pursuit for the Light Ball (Pikachus just weren't fucking having it) and poking at Pokemon Breeding for the first time. I've now got a stable of Adamant Growlithes I want nothing to do with, a ton of Scorbunnies that I'm just throwing into Surprise Trade hoping to get at least some International Pokemon for my trouble and the sinking feeling that I've wasted a lot of time not playing Pokemon.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know I actually hated the idea of the Dynamax stuff. But I kinda fuck with it, it's pretty fun and the special attacks look great

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Ok I'm at the 7th gym and I think I've settled on my team for the rest of the game:

Toxtricity (Lv. 42)
Frosmoth (Lv. 44)
Falinks (Lv. 43)
Inteleon (Lv. 50)
Appletun (Lv. 48)
Hatterene (Lv. 48)

I really love Polteageist and it breaks my heart not to put him on the team, but I can't figure out who he would replace.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Have I just been extremely lucky?

Had a round of 12 digs with the digging brothers. In 1 round I got: ice stone, shiny stone, dawn stone, 3 fossils, bottle cap, normal gem and more things I dont remember.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to check win/loss ratio in 6v6 link battles? I hate battle spot cause no double items and it's 3v3

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So is the Let's Go Pikachu Pikachu locked to once per system, or once per save?

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I don't want to spoil myself all the customization options, but I'm curious to know if there are any gender neutral clothing options in the game?
Even if it's restricted to specific clothes categories?
Like, can the male player character wear any skirt or dress, or at least has tights/leggings available?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Piggybacking on the question above: what the the availability of evolution methods like further along in the game? Will my access to things like evolution stones and held items be infinite or should I be conserving what I find?

Status
Not open for further replies.