• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've heard the SD issue is only affecting cheap/potentially spoofed SD cards. It's happened before with other titles (Smash).

As an aside, I love that most people are actually enjoying the game after all the hate lol

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
Played about a couple of hours so far, wish I had more time to play but I'm really enjoying it. Also glad I held off from leaks, running into new Pokemon is a trip! Rockidee is my favorite of the early game mons, reminds me of Tailow

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I wish more people joined raids in the wild area! I just got there and they're pretty fun, if not a little easy obviously, but it's fun.

Surprise Traded my starter ASAP. Probably made someone pretty happy.

I've been joining peoples Raid request with a high level Electric Pokemon that uses Discharge to kill all my allies and the Pokemon in 1 hit as a total troll move.
You definitely shocked someone sending that starter though lol

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I'm feeling like a fool, should I really be resetting for a female Grookey?

What do most people trade for starters?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joined in on a max raid battle against a Dwebble. Another guy dynamaxed Swobble and made it rain, and then AI partner with Magikarp took a big chunk with Hydro Pump. I finished with a disrespect Tail Whip.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Loving the game a whole lot. It's just real God dang cozy.

Really cannot get enough of this track.

Also on the front of save corruption: Did reviewers play digital copies? Wonder if they ever ran into any crashes if so. So far so good on my end, two hours played with a SanDisk from Best Buy so any possibility of it being a back door shady card is out on my end (if that actually turns out to be the case). Hopefully I wake up and there's more light on that issue.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god Gamefreak didn't listen to the people who wanted a 3d camera for the entire game. The fixed camera it currently has is awesome, why the hell would anyone want any different? I love it, 3d camera is so boring compared to it.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Gym battles' theme is the best in the franchise and the fans cheering is incredible. This is the best gyms have ever been!

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Is it weird to use the girl trainer and still call her Ben? lol

The male looks like a dork, and I hate that suitcase backpack.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna turn in for the night. Game is fun.

Here is my squad:

Yamper LV: 13
Ninjask LV: 15
Pidove LV: 12
Nickit LV: 12
Wooloo LV: 12
Scorbunny LV: 13

Catching a level 15 Ninjask in the Wild Area kinda triggered my OCD but I love the little bastard.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I'm confused, is the day and night system only in the wild area now? I'm in the 2nd town and it's bright daylight..

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Got my copy yesterday as GameStop shipped it to me a day early and played for about an hour and a bit.

So far having lots of fun!

Things I enjoy most: Menu UI is super nice. Music so far has been fantastic. Wild Area. Massive diversity of Pokémon already.

Can't wait to play more today after work!

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This game is just so... comfy. I've been having a rough go of it lately and it has really cheered me up. My decision to take Friday as a vacation day to drink coffee with Bailey's all day and play it is a smart one.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, turns out Shield is my main version now, because the allure of the Japanese eShop was too great yesterday...
At any rate, can't wait to get back into it after work.
Gotta find that early 5% Impidimp to add to the team.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Just got the call from my gamestop that my copy is ready to be picked up.
But i need to work another 3 hours before i can get it.

letmein.gjif

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Anyone with an SDCard greater than 32GB is likely using the default exFat file-system btw. Kinda yikes.

Yeah, I had a 200GB sandisk then upgraded to a 400GB and pretty sure I formatted to exfat but I am not 100% sure now. Is there a way to check what format you have when using the Switch or do I have to take out the sd card and pop it in my PC?

Still, this is the first I heard you're not supposed to use exfat with the Switch. What's the reason for that? I currently turned off auto save just in case.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. I'm playing this on an OLED and the game was looking good (as in a decent improvement to 3DS graphics) until I got to the wild area and they started to pan the camera around. Barf. It looks like OoT 3D Hyrule overworld out here

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Ironically as I play through this I think I would hate this game MORE if I was younger like when I got RS games after RB and GS, catching only what I thought looked cool. My play style now is to catch everything I see and catch multiple things for the hell of it, so that gives me a bit more playtime, I probably wont go crazy in the wild area though because thats too much wasted time. I may use my old playstyle of catching what I want out there until I beat the game.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Yeah, I had a 200GB sandisk then upgraded to a 400GB and pretty sure I formatted to exfat but I am not 100% sure now. Is there a way to check what format you have when using the Switch or do I have to take out the sd card and pop it in my PC?

Still, this is the first I heard you're not supposed to use exfat with the Switch. What's the reason for that? I currently turned off auto save just in case.

Without homebrew/hacking I think the only way to reformat the SDCard as anything other than exFat is via PC. And all SDCards over 32GB ship as exFat by default.

The reason it's bad:
EJZP2UuW4AABYEf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.