• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not in yet. Me right now

tumblr_par3he9RJ31w532cto1_400.gifv

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten the game yet but it was like this for Smash too. Just be patient and try rebooting the console every once in a while

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
one sleep away from playing ahhhhhhh. It's been a loooongggg hype train, I'm glad gen 8 has finally begun

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just beat grass gym. I mean the game has strengths and weaknesses.

Pros:
- new Pokémon designs are top notch
- wide variety of catchable Pokémon. I'm at the first gym and I already got around 40 if not more, it seems the game really wants to give the players almost every possible type of Pokémon as soon as possible
- dynamax is actually kinda fun
- the wild area so far was fun to explore, I lost a couple hours there just catching as many Pokémon as possible

Cons:
- handholding is at disturbing levels
- way too overpowered way too easily, I can catch Pokémon up to lvl 25, and my entire team of six is around lvl 22-23
- main city looks like shit. Like, absolute shit, damn
- exploration is basically dead in this franchise. The first tunnel "dungeon" was laughable, and every house you can get into in the cities seem utterly useless.
- the first gym mission was either designed by some braindead developer, or designed for braindead players
- played on handheld the game looks bad. Sorry but this is the most outrageous thing, a Pokémon game that looks technically subpar on an handeld. Embarassing

So far I'm not impressed. Too easy, too predictable, too safe. It's giving me strong X & Y vibes, let's see if it ends up being even worse or if it has some redeeming factors.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Played for a bit earlier today, game still looks bad even in handheld mode, so I'm not sure whether I'll be playing it mostly on TV or handheld mode. Probably the latter to keep up the portable illusion. On Route 2 now, carrying 4 Pokémon for the time being, will save some room for anything more special I run into later in the game. Can't say much about the OST yet, I need to listen to more of it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh yeah, we definitely need voices for these games now, the intro in the stadium was weird as fuck.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Played for a bit earlier today, game still looks bad even in handheld mode, so I'm not sure whether I'll be playing it mostly on TV or handheld mode. Probably the latter to keep up the portable illusion. On Route 2 now, carrying 4 Pokémon for the time being, will save some room for anything more special I run into later in the game. Can't say much about the OST yet, I need to listen to more of it.
Galarian Hau's theme is 🔥

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, we definitely need voices for these games now, the intro in the stadium was weird as fuck.
My initial impressions when I played it too the lack of voice acting is becoming more and more distracting, Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chains silent protagonists have reached a limit of mine, everyone being silent with just lines and lines of text makes me honestly care less about the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.