• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Hello fellow Pokemon Trainers!

I bought this game fairly blindly and my last game was Pokemon Red/Blue on the Gameboy.

Does this game have actually some side dungeons/story except the main gym battles? I really would like to know what kind of story progression this one has.
No dungeons, period.
I don't think there's side quest during the main game either.

Regardless, since your last games were Red/Blue this should still be a decent experience for you.

Edit: If you end up liking these, I recommend buying Black or White 2, those were the peak of Pokemon content.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
A poster here beat the game at around 16 hours after battling every trainer and going into every building, only focusing on catching and building up a team of six. That's more or less my playstyle, so I am curious about datapoints for other players of this style. Every other Pokemon game pretty consistently takes me 25-30 hours to reach the credits.

Ah fair enough. The article I posted did say on average the game was around 10 hours shorter than previous entries (but they were talking 50 -> 40). however, they attributed this to streamlining of gameplay/systems moreso than a cut in overall content.

I'm curious how long it'll last for me. I did end up putting in 50 hours in Let's Go just catching and leveling my dream team.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody figured out exactly how the Y-Comm works?

Like I select the league card trade option but nobody ever replies. And I can't interact in any way with the stamps from people who want to trade league cards.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been outright avoiding the Wild Area because, no offense, it runs like garbage if you're playing online. Constant framedrops, hitchs, and stutters. This sucks.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Ok then I misunderstood what you said, however the poster still avoided the wild area which is the actual bulk of the game for most.

I think that could be inferred because I described the player as mainly battling trainers and entering buildings. It's difficult to really gauge the time value of the Wild Area because it is an endless spawn area where the player can do as much as they want. For me personally, it does not seem to have much value outside of catching Pokemon I want for my team.

You seem really defensive when I simply offered one example of a player and said I was curious about other datapoints in that playstyle. I'm not saying it's the only definitive hardcore example of how long it takes to play the game. I am not here to misrepresent the game or bash it or tell other players their way of playing is wrong.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I think that could be inferred because I described the player as mainly battling trainers and entering buildings. It's difficult to really gauge the time value of the Wild Area because it is an endless spawn area where the player can do as much as they want. For me personally, it does not seem to have much value outside of catching Pokemon I want for my team.

You seem really defensive when I simply offered one example of a player and said I was curious about other datapoints in that playstyle. I'm not saying it's the only definitive hardcore example of how long it takes to play the game. I am not here to misrepresent the game or bash it or tell other players their way of playing is wrong.
I wasn't being defensive, I just misunderstood the part about catching so I thought I should clarify.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Holy mother of god what have I done?!?!

I bought Digimon last night and said I was NOT buying Pokémon....but....but the OT got me. I just bought Shield and it's preloading omg!!!

no earthly idea which started to choose.
Looking at evolutions, Grookey is my favorite but isn't he like grass or something? I like FIRE!!

oh and I got Shield because of Ponyta mostly lol. A My little Pony magical beast? YES PLEASE!!

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
We're allowed to talk about Pokémon that have been officially revealed, right? So we won't need to use spoilers if the official art for a Pokémon comes out tomorrow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

I bought Digimon last night and said I was NOT buying Pokémon....but....but the OT got me. I just bought Shield and it's preloading omg!!!

Looking at evolutions, Grookey is my favorite but isn't he like grass or something? I like FIRE!!

oh and I got Shield because of Ponyta mostly lol. A My little Pony magical beast? YES PLEASE!!
You are welcome >:)

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Do shiny Pokemon appear in the overworld?

Like will it be shiny as it runs around or do I need to approach it?

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I didnt know gamestop was doing a 11pm release. There is one near my job like 2 min away near fastfood I stop by after work so I might as well. The guy said I didnt even need a pre order I can just walk in which is nice.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok the lack of time of day effecting anything but the wild area is really bugging me. I'm surprised more noise wasnt made about that prior to release. Strangely it bothers me more than the performance in the wild area

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What online features are available without an NSO subscription? Wild area? Online trading?

SwSh are already $20 more than the 3DS games for half the content; it would be darkly hilarious if all the previously free online capabilities were also locked behind a pay subscription in this more expensive game.

Nov 13, 2017

Just out of curiosity, how are you liking Digimon? I brought it too because I see it mentioned so often as an alternative, and because I really liked Digimon World Championship on the DS which was a completely different style of game (battles were automated completely), but Cyber Sleuth so far seems to be doing literally nothing for me. I'm around Chapter 15, and I'm struggling to find motivation to continue now that I have some of the Megas that I like. Any thoughts so far?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
It's best ability is probably it's HA, but Keen Eye is probably better if you can't get that.

thanks! I caught one with Sky Attack but it has Unnerve, oh well.

Anyway, not looking up Pokémon is so hard to know which natures are good since I have no clue whether they'll be physical or special. Is Yamper a special att

Status
Not open for further replies.