• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
I feel ya but I live nearish a warehouse. It's always sent out the day before and I get it, but sometimes closer to 8 than I would wish
If it doesn't arrive by 4 p.m. on Friday I won't be able to pick it up until Monday and with the amount of work I have I'll probably only be able to start playing on Thanksgiving lol

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
So where are the differences between Sword and Shield described in the OT? I want a picture.

I'm team Shield, but because that is minority. I always like choosing the less popular version; although I remember being surprised on the huge advantage Pokemon Sword had against Shield in exclusive Pokemons to my liking , except the Gym Leader.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Scorbunny was 3rd place last time I checked, but is now 2nd.

good good GOOD

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Stayed away from most of the news cycle for this game so I'm looking forward to it even if some changes are for the worse. Hopefully it can surprise me and get me to spend more time with it than I did 30 hours for Moon three years ago.

Adding my friend code to the list, feel free to add me!

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
For those who are interested, I decided to explore a bunch of the Wild Area as soon as I could:

Saw a Gengar (so no need for trade evolution, I guess), and found a Fire Stone and a Sun Stone, as well as a bunch of Ultra Balls (I'm still 2 hours into the game). Also got about 3000 Watts in 30 minutes, and tried a 1* raid against a Drilbur, which gave a Drill Run TR as a reward.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
So where are the differences between Sword and Shield described in the OT? I want a picture.

I'm team Shield, but because that is minority. I always like choosing the less popular version; although I remember being surprised on the huge advantage Pokemon Sword had against Shield in exclusive Pokemons to my liking , except the Gym Leader.
Same number of version exclusives

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
For those who are interested, I decided to explore a bunch of the Wild Area as soon as I could:

Saw a Gengar (so no need for trade evolution, I guess), and found a Fire Stone and a Sun Stone, as well as a bunch of Ultra Balls (I'm still 2 hours into the game). Also got about 3000 Watts in 30 minutes, and tried a 1* raid against a Drilbur, which gave a Drill Run TR as a reward.
How are you liking it so far?

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I finally beat DQXI, now I'm ready for Pokemon.

Off topic but the new anime is a direct continuation (not a reboot like a lot of people thought)

Man it seems so silly keeping Ash's age at ten when he should have years worth of accomplishments as seen on that dresser.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
This may have been answered already, but where is the best place to pre-order this? I wanted to do Target for the steel book but they are sold out. If I get the double pack from the eShop will I receive all the digital pre-order bonuses (even the gold backpack)?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

Obviously a very small sample size, and I'm sure it was exaggerated due to the store selling copies early, but uh.

Game seems to be doing well!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I looked up the exclusives list on 2 different sites and I'm baffled. Is that it? 3 1/2 old evolution trees and a new form?

I feel like they are missing something

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Been questioning whether I should cancel my pre-order or not, some of the leaked footage looks rough.
I liked X and Y despite its shortcomings though so maybe I'll be fine.

It's been 5 years since I last played a Pokemon game (ORAS), excited to jump back in. Especially since all the Sun/Moon Pokemon in this game will be new to me as well.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up the exclusives list on 2 different sites and I'm baffled. Is that it? 3 1/2 old evolution trees and a new form?

I feel like they are missing something

There's definitely more than that, there's a fair amount. Without including new Pokemon, this is what I've read:
Sword Exclusive / Shield Exclusive
Shiftry line / Ludicolo line
Mawile / Sableye
Solrock / Lunatone
Sawk / Throh
Scrafty line / Toxicroak line
Gothitelle line / Reuniclus line
Braviary line / Mandibuzz line
Slurpuff line / Aromatisse line
Passimian / Oranguru
Turtonator / Drampa
Hydreigon line / Tyranitar line
Kommo-o line / Goodra line

Including new Pokemon (no names or specific details beyond what's already revealed):
Sirfetch'd line / Shield counterpart
Sword counterpart / Galarian Rapidash line
2 new Pokemon / 2 new Pokemon
1 Gigantamax form / 1 Gigantamax form

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I was dead set on Shield anyway, but now that the full list is out, I definitely dig the addition of

Appletun (love it way more than Flapple, and god what a cutie) and Cursola for Shield.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sword is actually worse lol. The S is so long they had to shift the name and logo to the right so it ain't centered like Shield.
That bothers me too, lol. Still getting Sword regardless. XD

Same. It's pretty dumb you can't change the bag shape, but I don't get why so many are hating on the suitcase. I like it!
The suitcase makes sense in context too. Aside from all the crap you're carrying, aren't you packing an entire camp set? Of course you're carrying a suitcase!

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Team Hopplo all the way, for Shield to unlock in a couple hours, hope the Australian eShop releases it at midnight australian time.

Off topic but the new anime is a direct continuation (not a reboot like a lot of people thought)
It was always a weird idea that its a reboot, cant believe there are really that many people that thought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.