• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I came up with some tentative Nuzlocke rules. I'm gonna play mostly normally on my first playthrough, and then alter these rules as needed for use on my second:

• You can still get random encounters in the tall grass from approaching shadows, so only those count when it comes to only catching the first Pokemon in new areas.
  • Each time the story causes you to pass through Wild Area, you're free to try and catch something new. I may allow more captures from the Wild Area if needed.
  • Upon catching a new Pokemon, immediately catch a second one of the same species. Only one of the two will be allowed in your party at any time, and you have to rotate them in and out every 3-4 levels or so, that way they won't get overleveled. If a Pokemon dies, it's duplicate goes as well.
  • Box your starter after three other Pokemon are captured. Once you reach the daycare, breed your starter so that it will have a duplicate to share EXP with.
  • Use of Dynamax is not allowed.

I do intend to catch duplicates and rotate them in and out in my normal playthrough, though. Hopefully that will give me at least a little challenge.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Regarding an unrevealed Pokémon's evolution method.

Are the Apples for Applin's evolutions version exclusives? Where do you get them?

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be going Sword. It was settled for me as soon as I saw the legendaries, and cemented further when I saw Sirfetch'd. Plus, swords are just cooler.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was a quicker way to add people than bloody friend codes
Let's hope it even lets you use your friend list because Let's Go didn't for some inconceivable reason. Had to enter a 3 digit code at the same time as your friend and hope nobody else is also trying to use that same code

miyac

Nov 11, 2017
SW-5229-9771-8791

I'm getting Shield, I don't mind helping if anyone wants any Shield exclusive. Can't wait to start the game!

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zamazenta has some Tezuka vibes going so I am pro-them. Also, what's cooler than blocking an attack...with your face

I rest my case.

bfb.png

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Amazon shipped my pre-order. It's possible that I'll get my hands on it right after work :O

Problem is: I wanted to go to the gym after work...
Looks like a gym in Pokémon should suffice...

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I'm locked into Shield. I was so certain I'd go with Sword after the initial reveal - swords are so much cooler than shields, Sword had the better box legendary, and then Sirfetch'd got revealed as a Sword exclusive. Sword is cool, Shield is for dorks!

I ended up generally preferring the Shield version exclusive Pokémon, and now here I am getting Shield.

I guess I'm really just a dork, and that's okay.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I've come to the conclusion that I have to pick Scorbunny. I'm looking forward to hopping double kicking my opponents into submission

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm super excited to have this guy in my team.

m2pm8ly4cbx31.png

I hope I get the right nature, I love the Amped form.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
Well I went to my local game stop to cancel the double pack and get Shield instead, they were calling people to tell them that they are doing a midnight launch event so I changed my mind, I'm so weak. 😂

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm locked into Shield. I was so certain I'd go with Sword after the initial reveal - swords are so much cooler than shields, Sword had the better box legendary, and then Sirfetch'd got revealed as a Sword exclusive. Sword is cool, Shield is for dorks!

I ended up generally preferring the Shield version exclusive Pokémon, and now here I am getting Shield.

This was the same transformation I experienced.

Except now I'm no longer getting any of these games anymore at launch due to dexit and the annoying amount of removed content and features.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This probably would've been me, but my friend pre-ordered Sword first, so I was forced to get Shield. It just happened to work out in that Shield had more of the exclusives I wanted from what I could see.

That said, I do want that Sirfetch'd...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hey guys, I don't think I will be getting the game for the time being, but I will be checking this thread here and there to see everyone's reactions and feedback as they play. Posters here will give me a much better understanding of the game's value than leaks/reviewers. I hope everyone enjoys playing! Also, Grookey Gang for life.

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
I have been strong and avoided most leaks, however I did cave and I checked out the started final evos.

I always pick the fire type, have done from rby up until XY

But I'm SM I picked Rowlet because I love owls
And in SwSh I'm picking Sobble because I liked what I saw in that leak!

I'm super hyped for this game and I hope that the Dexit stuff doesn't completely dominate the discussion after release.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I petition for the Scorebunny team to be renamed to Scorebunny Brigade. Whats witht he obvious bias with the team names huuh!? You scared of the awesomeness that is the Scorebunny brigade huuh?!
Edit: I'll also be adding my FC to the Friend Dex, constant negativity has been making rethink joining up. But hell this is pokemon and i've kept myself pure this whole time might as well enjoy it with the fans here as well no?

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
I am very disappointed with all the news, but a Pokemon game has never not been enjoyable for me. Hopefully this game doesn't break that trend. I hope the backlash has given the developers something to think about. In the meantime, Ive managed to stay spoiler-free and am ready to enjoy all the new mons!

Status
Not open for further replies.