• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't get the appeal of giving attention to three of the franchise's most marketable characters?
Go ahead and avoid rephrasing what I said to suit your case better. I offered no challenge to the idea that focusing on those characters makes sense from a marketing perspective. It does and I like them. That's probably why I said I liked this for Charizard in the portion that you chose not to quote.

My specific issue is that this new mechanic seems poorly matched with them, that it seems better suited to emphasizing traits that other Pokemon have. I like seeing Pokemon put emphasis on its popular characters and hope they find better ways to do it with these Pokemon in the coming generation, just not like this. As I said though, that's just me personally.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
So does every Pokémon have a different appearance in giant form? In the early trailers it just looked like they were blowing up the original model and just making it bigger

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense theyre pandering to gen 1
now since the last time they did it was a whole year ago. Its amazing how hard they try to ignore the 6 other gens

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
What? That wasn't a promo shot, just literally showing exclusives. The bw2 one was a promo shot and poster.

pokemon-sword-and-shield-camp.jpg

Okay here's a promo shot for Sword and Shield. I still don't see Kanto mons.

EDIT: Pikachu IS there. Forgive me.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
What makes Mega or Z more inspired? The same shit was said about Mega and Z moves, like people comparing mega to Digimon. Huge stadiums like in the anime where you can use office building sized Pokemon for a few turns which have specific moves is pretty creative tbh, more so than a stat boost and maybe type shift (mega) or single use super move (Z) imo.

AFAIK, mega's were the first of these 'gimmicks' introduced into the game and I initially thought it was a great thing. It gave pokemon with weaker stat spreads some time to shine. While I barely used them when i did venture into competitive, it was just nice to see some older pokemon get some new designs.

Then, for gods know why, they decided to stop this and introduce a new gimmick in Z-moves. For me, they were a waste of time and a change in direction from what Mega's were.

Now we have another new gimmick where pokemon become .... big. Sorry but thats not creative or inspired to me at all and I am sure the game is going to revolve around it.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Z moves and giga's should never have happened. We could have had so many cool mega's now. Should be a permanent part of the series, considering giga's look exactly the same ????? So bizarre.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
AFAIK, mega's were the first of these 'gimmicks' introduced into the game and I initially thought it was a great thing. It gave pokemon with weaker stat spreads some time to shine. While I barely used them when i did venture into competitive, it was just nice to see some older pokemon get some new designs.

Then, for gods know why, they decided to stop this and introduce a new gimmick in Z-moves. For me, they were a waste of time and a change in direction from what Mega's were.

Now we have another new gimmick where pokemon become .... big. Sorry but thats not creative or inspired to me at all and I am sure the game is going to revolve around it.
Agreed completely. Would have preferred more regional forms and megas over this gimmick any day. Regional forms let me use a pokemon like Ninetails who I loved the design of but couldn't fit into my team otherwise when she became a ice/fairy dragon destroyer. I want more of that. Still crying over the loss of Mega Flygon. V___V My boi will never get the time to shine.

Feb 22, 2019
Sigh, even more Kanto only... I'm so tired of it.
Why give Gigas to unevolved Pokémon? Unless they are special with higher stats.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
so, just by having the Let's Go save data I get a Pikachu? Or I'll have to catch a Pikachu regularly and then I'll get this specific gigantamax form by having the data?

Kinda confused

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so, just by having the Let's Go save data I get a Pikachu? Or I'll have to catch a Pikachu regularly and then I'll get this specific gigantamax form by having the data?

Kinda confused
If you've played Let's Go Pikachu on the Switch that you play Sword/Shield on, you get given Gigantamax-ready Pikachu.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Charizard has so many different forms and transformations that I think I'm going to just rename mine "Goku".

Status
Not open for further replies.