• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It should've been a breedable rare trait honestly.
I feel like making it breedable - even if rare - opens up a pandora's box that would heavily disincentivize raids, so I can at least understand why that was opted against. That being said, I don't see any harm in enabling G-Max transferals since you still keep the same amount of G-Max that you had from the start.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Harassment of Another User, Off-Site Drama
Hopefully now the usual suspects stop acting like unsolicited public relations of Pokémon that treats everything Masuda and company says as gospel.

brMw98t.jpg

B345Bjy.jpg

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Doesn't really fix a lot of the problems I had with the game, so I am still glad I have sold it already.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I cant help but thinking this is why there is less pokemon in the base game and lackluster postgame content...
i am all for idea of expansion instead of 3rd version though
Surprised there isn't more of these reactions to this. That was instantly my first reaction. "Oh the dex was this small for DLC" Seems scummy.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
This looks super promising but my question is can they stick the landing? God I'm so curious to find out, it looks like it could be rad.

Never expected Game Freak to do something like this but this definitely feels like the best course of action. Better than working on new games immediately after the previous ones are done.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Armor expansion's name is weird to me. Crown makes sense, the mascot has a big ol' crown, but Armor mascot has no armor and is martial arts based.
the new logo is a wolf with armor on it, and they show a statue depicting the same
it's pretty clear there's gonna be another legendary to go with it

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Im expecting these to be just as barebones and lacking as the base game, if not moreso, so I aint touching it until hear otherwise

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Cheerleading Harassment; Prior Infractions for Inflammatory Behavior
Hopefully now the usual suspects stop acting like unsolicited public relations of Pokémon that treats everything Masuda and company says as gospel.

brMw98t.jpg

B345Bjy.jpg

lmao. I wonder how Serebii is gonna spin this.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like making it breedable - even if rare - opens up a pandora's box that would heavily disincentivize raids, so I can at least understand why that was opted against. That being said, I don't see any harm in enabling G-Max transferals since you still keep the same amount of G-Max that you had from the start.

Dunno, about Shiny rate ... or a little bit better than that wouldn't have made things worse. Difference is, i can hatch multiple eggs fast, whereas each raid is a drag with the amount of shields those mons generate.

Honestly, after the 8th failed attempt to get a G-Max Corviknight, i just stopped doing raids at all. Not worth the time.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
we dont need to pay for the returning pokemon though, I don't see how it's scummy if they're obtainable for free via trading
Oh? RIP me. Guess I looked at it wrong. If returning Pokemon are free, fair enough. The lack of a postgame is still a legitimate concern, however.
Edit: Ya lol there it is. In text!

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

And maybe one day people like you will stop being so petty and weird by bringing up posts from 2016 and 2013 just to keep shitting on Joe.

I bet you own one (or more) of those troll accounts that has been harassing Joe on Twitter too.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
This thread is giving me life. Soooo many posts from people trying to hate without having any idea what this actually entails.

Ya'll keep waiting on that Digimon resurgence while I wave my big dong Articuno all over the UK.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Please don't equate a handful of version exclusives from gen 1 to the large batch we see here.
Why not? It's more now because there's been 8 generations of pokemon games. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the series. You always needed something else to get all the Pokemon whether through trades, a cheating device, or hacking game data. It's not different now and it never will be because it's one of the main gimmicks of the series as I said.

To be clear too most people don't want all the Pokemon and also won't buy the dlc but will trade with either someone they know or yes some "rando" online as you said earlier for the few additional ones they want, which they can do free as well if they use the free trial to the online service.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Twitter mentions higher appearance rates for G-Max mons? That's a start, now make the catch rate higher, too. Thanks.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
They made this announcement quite soon after the games release. I mean It's been only two months since Sword / Shield came out so this clearly was in the planning for quite some time, I suppose a delay would have maybe allowed them to include this stuff but again deadlines and all that for the big holiday release.

Considering books like Blood, Sweat, and Pixels and other developer documentaries in terms of the realities of gamedev. I'm somewhat disappointed we have folks falling on the "Content intentionally withheld from base game to be sold later" thing. Apparently deadlines and dev pipelines don't exist for some.

While yes a significant amount of asset reuse exists, but there has been absolutely no sign of the entirely new areas existing in games code from the data miners that extracted assets from the game. Something to think about.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So now I can pay $90 to still not have access to all my Pokemon? How generous of you Gamefreak.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
My biggest fear is that each new island will only have like 1-2 things to do on it and just be a whole mass of empty land

the theme of "exploration" in the second dlc has me hopeful though, and with a new director, this could be something