• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017
Gamefreak using the missing pokemon as a selling point of the expansion pass, lmao they have no shame.

How are they using them as a selling point when you can get them for "free" via Home or trading?

Unless I'm missing something here that is exactly how previous games have handled older Pokémon not found in the wild.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you want to experience ALL of Pokémon SwSh's content, you would have to buy
  • both versions of the base game ($60 x 2 = $120)
  • an expension pass for both those games, so you can play the version exclusive DLC ($30 x 2 = $60)

Meaning in total it would cost you $180 to play through all of Pokémon SwSh's content. Pretty steep...

I hope there will be a Third version/Complete edition sometime.

I don't get why people need to play through both. You're paying an extra $60 at the start to play not even $5 in difference of content, so why even begin to complain on costs when you're already fine with spending on useless additions?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i am so confused lmao

galarian zapdos, articuno, and moltres all look better than the originals though

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think that making the additional returning Pokémon exclusive to the dlc but allowing anyone with the base game to transfer those Pokémon from a friend or from home is a totally fine compromise.

Anyone who says GF is "holding Pokémon hostage" is looking for excuses to be pissed, straight up.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
There are WAY too many people deliberately misunderstanding and spreading false info on the DLC right now.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this. In one sense this is more content than you'd expect from a regular post game and it's better than getting an ultra sword next year. In another sense the base game was lacking content in general with its basic routes and lack of dungeons or worthwhile optional content, and of course having essentially no post game content and less Pokémon.
The fact that it's all Wilde area is kinda cool, but only if the performance is good and they fill them to the brim with content, npcs, trainers, mini games, secret dungeons, etc. And I don't have high hopes for that.

Also I'm already the champion and all my Pokémon are level 100 and fully trained. What are they gonna do about that?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who skips 3rd versions because I can't be bothered replaying the entire game again just to reach an improved post game, this is perfect for me.

Oct 29, 2017
  • an expension pass for both those games, so you can play the version exclusive DLC ($30 x 2 = $60)

Meaning in total it would cost you $180 to play through all of Pokémon SwSh's content. Pretty steep...

Do people actually buy both games? The fuck is the point in that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Added content for those willing to pay and letting everyone else transfer or trade for the added pokemon for free? I'm okay with this.
To be fair this was the expected and logical thing to do, it's good yeah, but the data would've been there because of a necessary software update (to avoid compatibility issues) so blocking non-expansion users from trading Pokémon whose data is now in their game would've been a bad look.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I truly don't get how people are stomaching the 30 price tag for two new areas to an already barebones game. Not to mention having to pay for Pokémon Home to have to transfer Pokémon between games! This is some next level scummy tactics.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, G-Max Inteleon looks like a Sniper, has an exclusive attack that is called "Snipe Shot", has a Hidden Ability that raises damage of critical hits ... yet the fucking attack doesn't have a higher crit chance.

Talk about missed opportunities.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you have to pay 60 dollars for the extra 200 or so Pokemon that are shared between both versions. What an bargain.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

Most normal people would spend 90 bucks I would say... which still is a bit steep to be honest.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
It is very frustrating for anyone that closely follows what GameFreak puts out as infos recently since they end up not reflecting the final reality.

People who don't follow the news closely will just be positively surprised, but people who have read the interviews etc. will ask themselves what the hell was going on with their contradictory public statements defending the content limitations as an intrinsic design choice at the time of launch. Those were being called out for being weird and nonsensical, and in then end it turns out those statements didn't matter at all.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
$30 is a bit steep to drop at once for this but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. Definitely excited for this, especially the Galar Birbs.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I'm very confused by what you're getting at here. It used to be $40 + $40 to get a base game and a third version. Now it's $60 + $30. $10 more for a home console game release which is obviously significantly more expensive to develop.

I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can have an issue with this costing $30. We've seen season passes go for as much as $50 recently (Borderlands 3) and they're regularly $40. This is frankly a bargain.

Third version was a complete game for people who waited. Now you have to pay full whack for Sword or Shield, then also pick up the DLC. This combined with the fact Sword and Shield were full premium price console releases with sorely lacking content, possibly the worst in franchise history, and any of the weird bargaining language in the thread feels particularly gurn-worthy.

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a sword owner, how do I access the crown of tundra?
EDIT: I thought the dlc was exclusive to shield, disregard.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
D0aytkWW0AEkHnE.png

R.I.P.

But seriously, glad Gamefreak is embracing DLC/addressing a lot of the criticisms.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
If you've been the type to buy one base version and the third version, buying base SWSH plus the pass is only like $10 more expensive than that, plus you skip the dumb story if you already went through it.

I might buy it if there's nothing I want to play on Switch for this summer, but I'm dedicated to Animal Crossing for now.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't get why people need to play through both. You're paying an extra $60 at the start to play not even $5 in difference of content, so why even begin to complain on costs when you're already fine with spending on useless additions?
If you paid an extra $60 for both Sword and Shield you'll probably be fine with paying $30 more for both expansion passes

Still weird to not just make one pass though

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
So, G-Max Inteleon looks like a Sniper, has an exclusive attack that is called "Snipe Shot", has a Hidden Ability that raises damage of critical hits ... yet the fucking attack doesn't have a higher crit chance.

Talk about missed opportunities.
It has +1 Crit Rate, it's just not mentioned in-game

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
They did that last time too and there was a bunch of non-Kanto forms too. Kanto is just better for marketing.
With today's addition of Slowpoke & Slowbro over 50% of the Galar forms (+evos) currently in the games are Kanto. It's not just marketing, the other 6 gens were shafted (4, 6 and 7 in particular have nothing), and looking at how they have announced nothing but Kanto here today I think it is fair to assume that trend is continuing.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
How are they using them as a selling point when you can get them for "free" via Home or trading?

Unless I'm missing something here that is exactly how previous games have handled older Pokémon not found in the wild.
Have they said Pokemon Home will be free? why are you assuming it will be?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
With today's addition of Slowpoke & Slowbro over 50% of the Galar forms (+evos) currently in the games are Kanto. It's not just marketing, the other 6 gens were shafted (4, 6 and 7 in particular have nothing), and looking at how they have announced nothing but Kanto here today I think it is fair to assume that trend is continuing.
Slowking isn't a Kanto Pokémon :P

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I would buy the season pass if it lets me turn off that damn forced Experience Share.

My overall feelings of these games would go up drastically if I could turn that damn thing off.