• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all say Eviolite is blocking further evolutions, but we could still have branch-evolutions like Slowking, Gallade and Froslass without breaking the Eviolite rule.
I never got why Eviolite would matter anyway
If the "issue" is why it didn't work before but does now they've already done more obvious retcons any time they change typings of Pokemon or moves. Or changed how abilities work.
If the issue is making older unevolved pokemon stronger they can change how it functions by lowering the boost if absolutely nothing else. Or just not care about it in the first place, they sure didn't seem to when they added the item to begin with.

I've seen both of those floated around for why Eviolite would prevent items and it seems almost comically limiting to see a single weird item put a stop to an entire genre of pokemon ideas.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody:

Game Freak (almost): Let's give Farfetch'd an evolution based on a dominatrix!

They eventually got around to it with Tsareena though. Legit a Pokemon based on stomping fetish.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Farfetch'd's evolution needs to ghost/flying - basically a possessed roasted duck with fork and knife - called Lu'dicrous

New set of leaks:

🐵 🐰 😭
🥁 ⚽ 😭
🦍 🐇 😭

Hah I'm most excited for the Sobble line because I'm pretty sure it'll evolve into something cool and confident, like Gyarados/Milotic/Golisopod before it. Grookey's a wild card and Scorbunny is going to be trash (I like it now, I'll hate it later).
Nobody:

They eventually got around to it with Tsareena though. Legit a Pokemon based on stomping fetish.
nngggg I saw a gamefaqs thread with people fetishizing Tsareena once, good stuff

Oct 28, 2017
England

The demo for Gold and Silver revealed a large number of cut Pokemon, including a mask-wearing whip-wielding evolution of Farfetch'd.

ySJhv1e.png

The rest can are all here, and present an interesting look at what might've been.

ifptpqaqemjzplyxpayf.png

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I'll always dream of the world where you made it, Spaceworld GoldSilver and I will till we meet again, somewhere in time

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The farfetch'd evolution is also named "マダーム madaamu " or, literally, "madame"

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
For anyone who gets their games through Best Buy, it looks like they're running the $10 bonus promo for Sword/Shield preorders. It was in their weekly flyer today.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I'm still really sad we didn't get those rad Electric tiger gerbils, the fire seal, and the Weepinbell split-evo. Original Noctowl, Mantine, and Fire starter evo line are so much better than what we got, too.

That said I'm glad we didn't get bombarded with the 9 more babies they wanted to throw at all (not including Mime Jr.)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Never bet on Pikachu for anything.

They even screwed up Pikachu in Lets Go, it wasnt very good there, while Eevee was legtimately a good Pokemon thanks to its unique moves! Well, good in the context of Lets Go anyways, I probably wouldn't use that Eevee if it somehow (I highly doubt it will) got into Sword and Shield unless Eeveeium Z was compatible with it lol

Eh, Zippy Zap is probably the best custom move being +2 priority with 100% crit and accuracy.
In regards to never betting on Pikachu Id hope you're not referring to other media since hes top tier in smash as well as regularly having some of the craziest plot armour powerups in the anime (the mega lucario in the gif gets beat too).

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel some of those beta Pokemon were quick jokes.

At least stuff like the Porygon evolution which just copies an actual mascot.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I feel some of those beta Pokemon were quick jokes.

At least stuff like the Porygon evolution which just copies an actual mascot.
I remember people saying that the Pon de Lion mascot didn't even exist until the early 2000's and the similarities are a coincidence.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember people saying that the Pon de Lion mascot didn't even exist until the early 2000's and the similarities are a coincidence.

I don't know if it's really a coincidence. The designer of Pon De Lion worked at Game Freak around '96.

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Zippy Zap is probably the best custom move being +2 priority with 100% crit and accuracy.
In regards to never betting on Pikachu Id hope you're not referring to other media since hes top tier in smash as well as regularly having some of the craziest plot armour powerups in the anime (the mega lucario in the gif gets beat too).

I don't think I'll ever not be salty about that battle. Despite Ash having a pretty good foil to Mega Lucario, for some reason Pikachu is the one to get the job done.

The writers are even bad at trying to teach kids what you should actually be doing in battles, matchup wise.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grookey's little fangs and the mischievous description makes me think dark type, but I'm fine with whatever.

Besides, we all know sukeban grookey evolutions are the one true way
mQmxuu7.png

Because it can't be a drummer, gorilla, and fairy type all at the same time for arbitrary reasons I've just decided.
This is a design I can get behind and believe in.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Put back night cycle with real darkness, gambling and week events you cowards.

Even if they don't put time of day/day of the week events back in, I found myself really, really, missing the aesthetic changes that day/night bring while playing through Let's Go. Even if they hadn't altered the encounter rates or anything, just the night time visuals and chill music make a hell of a difference that I really felt the absence of.

Nobody:

Madame is perfectly valid and we should respect her, tyvm

Oct 26, 2017
The demo for Gold and Silver revealed a large number of cut Pokemon, including a mask-wearing whip-wielding evolution of Farfetch'd.

ySJhv1e.png

The rest can are all here, and present an interesting look at what might've been.

ifptpqaqemjzplyxpayf.png
I need a completed Pokemon Fan Game / Rom Hack to play.

Well this lines up nicely for me to (shamelessly) plug my little hobby project, which is a fully playable version of Crystal but with the Spaceworld beta Pokemon instead of the final ones.
I'm also about to release the next beta which will feature freshly written dex entries for the beta Pokemon, this should be coming later today.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every generation apart from V has given something to old Pokémon to freshen them up, but I think the days where they give old Pokémon new evolutions are behind us, unfortunately. Sylveon is the only one within the past 13 years, and that was more to promote the new type than anything else.

I imagine that new regional forms are the way that they're going to look to give old Pokémon attention nowadays.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
So... I've never played any Pokemon games. I bought Let's Go, Pikachu and played the first 4 or 5 hours. I found it super simple and boring, so I didn't continue playing. Is there a chance I would enjoy these games more? I know people were complaining about the design/setup of the Let's Go games, but I just don't know enough about the Pokemon games to understand the complaints.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great, but probably fake.

Gens 5 and 7 didn't give us any at all.

They're talking about EVEN numbered generation (2, 4, and 6). They all received (pre)evolutions from previous generations.

I personally think there won't be anything except for maybe Eevee. Each generation focuses on their own themes, so I expect this one to do the same thing.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... I've never played any Pokemon games. I bought Let's Go, Pikachu and played the first 4 or 5 hours. I found it super simple and boring, so I didn't continue playing. Is there a chance I would enjoy these games more? I know people were complaining about the design/setup of the Let's Go games, but I just don't know enough about the Pokemon games to understand the complaints.

Watch the direct coming in two days and see if what they show looks more interesting to you than what you played.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They're talking about EVEN numbered generation (2, 4, and 6). They all received (pre)evolutions from previous generations.

I personally think there won't be anything except for maybe Eevee. Each generation focuses on their own themes, so I expect this one to do the same thing.
misread, my bad.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Possibly? It's a bit early to tell as we have almost no information about the features of these yet. All mainline games are more complex than Let's Go, so these will undoubtedly be as well, but most of the time you don't need to tap into the strategic potential of these games for the main playthrough. The main complaints behind let's go are that they forced motion controls and simply took these more complex options away.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Yes, the games are far more complex than Let`s go. They basically threw years of evolution on the series in the trash to pander to go demographics. Start from gen IV onwards and you`ll see a big difference already

Feb 24, 2018
Question, how likely are Bidoof and Bellossom getting into the new games? Bellossom especially, still annoyed how she wasn't in the Gen VII games despite already being based on Hawaiian culture and completely ignored in the TGC.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go had a bunch of core mechanics (some of which have existed for literal decades) haphazardly removed, with the replacements, when they bothered to provide them, being simpler and/or worse. They're not very representative of the mainline games.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Question, how likely are Bidoof and Bellossom getting into the new games? Bellossom especially, still annoyed how she wasn't in the Gen VII games despite already being based on Hawaiian culture and completely ignored in the TGC.

Watch all the trainers from the snowy mountain using a Bellossom, but no Vanillite, Jynx, Snover, Beartic, Bergmite will be on the Galar Pokédex lol