• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was Draco Meteor really named by fans? I remember reading that but I don't recall seeing any info on who won so for the longest time I wondered if that was a rumor.

Anyway whoever named it did a decent job as it has a pun in it with ryusei = ryu. The only reason I realize that was a pun at first was Kamen Rider Meteor did the same deal where he made Bruce Lee noises because he's known as The Dragon.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Do note they didn't mention a trailer for the Mewtwo movie, just information.

There could be a trailer, but we're only guaranteed information

Was Draco Meteor really named by fans? I remember reading that but I don't recall seeing any info on who won so for the longest time I wondered if that was a rumor.

Anyway whoever named it did a decent job as it has a pun in it with ryusei = ryu. The only reason I realize that was a pun at first was Kamen Rider Meteor did the same deal where he made Bruce Lee noises because he's known as The Dragon.
Yeah it was in CoroCoro in January 2006 with the result was revealed in April 2006

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Right, info not a trailer. But it should be big considering prebooking deets are already available alongside the corresponding event Pokemon. Like even if its an announcement of the theater distro, I could see them showing off the new thing that the theater distro will obviously bring in Gen 8.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Right, info not a trailer. But it should be big considering prebooking deets are already available alongside the corresponding event Pokemon. Like even if its an announcement of the theater distro, I could see them showing off the new thing that the theater distro will obviously bring in Gen 8.
Don't go in expecting anything game related. Seriously.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Do you think there will be any mention of the "A. Mewtwo" in Pokemon Go that was datamined?
Do they ever mention Pokemon Go on the show, like when Meltan was announced for example?
I think that the Mewtwo_A will probably be a promotional tie in in the game for the movie, not for anything pertaining to the Sword & Shield games. Armored Mewtwo has been a thing since 1998

Note: The above is speculation & deduction and not indicative of insider knowledge

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
High risk steel move huh? Probably related to swords/shields?

Japanese: ダブルエッジ
English: Double-E... Final Gamb...

...Breakpoint?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think that the Mewtwo_A will probably be a promotional tie in in the game for the movie, not for anything pertaining to the Sword & Shield games. Armored Mewtwo has been a thing since 1998

Note: The above is speculation & deduction and not indicative of insider knowledge
Oh yeah I wasnt suggesting anything for Sword and Shield, was wondering if an announcement for the Pokemon Go tie in is likely

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's like Mega Mewtwo Y they'll reveal it for the film (and mayyyyybe an in-game shot) but not actually tell us it's related to a new mechanic.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
If it's like Mega Mewtwo Y they'll reveal it for the film (and mayyyyybe an in-game shot) but not actually tell us it's related to a new mechanic.
Yeah this I can see happening,
Armoured Mewtwo revealed, then a Pokemon Go tie in later, then a few months later Armoured Evolutions announcement with Armoured Mewtwo and other pokemon shown.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Playing through White 2 Challenge Mode and just beat Clay with a team of Emboar, Sunflora, Sneasel, Tentacruel, Vespiquen and Baltoy and man is this game good. The Challenge Mode gym leaders are probably some of the best, most challenging in the series. Cheren, Elesa and Clay in particular have given me problems so far. The fact that Challenge Mode has never been revisited is such a massive shame.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You know, Mega Mewtwo X hasn't appeared in any audiovisual media yet aside from a brief 2 second instance in one of the Mega Evolution specials

Information can't be exclusive. Once someone else knows it, it's no longer exclusive. Thanks.
CoroCoro received many exclusives.

Exclusives can happen and can be for information. The way it is an exclusive is that they are given the sole rights to reveal said bit of information. That's what makes it an exclusive.

Come on, now you are splitting at hairs to try and disparage

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
well, I'm guessing the new move information and mention of a contest is all we'll be getting corocoro this month (if there was a new pokemon or something wouldn't it have leaked before this new move contest?)

It's still something though which is exciting. At least we're not in 100% drought mode

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My idea for the new move name goes to "Brave Buster". Giant Mega-Buster style blast that damages it's own user so... you have to be brave to use it?

It's tricky to come up with a powerful sounding Steel Type move, but one that doesn't sound more powerful than it's Z-Move "Corkscrew Crash".

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
ZmTKIiD_d.jpg

So this showed up on 4chan. Can't find it elsewhere on the internet. Uh........I dunno man.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
More names for the Steel type move
  • Gunmetal Beam
  • Tumble Polishing
I know it's too scientific for the games, maybe, but if the new move is exclusive for Steel Type Pokémon, and it gets 50% damage, I think it should have something to do with corrosion or some other process that could affect both "metals".

• Corrosive Punch
  • Galvanic Explosion

Dec 31, 2018
Hey, so if iirc, CoroCoro has a pokemon issue every other month before a game comes out, right? Or did that change? We got some last month, so does that mean we are guaranteed info next month, or am I making this up?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
A new special Steel move will be good to have, so hopefully its distribution is decent. Even if the side effect of losing 50% HP is a big drawback, it will be nice to have more options than Flash Cannon. Mirror Shot is too weak, while Doom Desire is exclusive to Jirachi.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh shoot! just checked serebii.net. So we got some pokemon corocoro stuff this month? Do they always have a pokemon section?
Always, but its mostly the prerelease period before a game that has focus between the montjs of June and release. Its significance has been diminished since 2016, however there always is an exclusive amount of info, be it new Pokemon or character art.
I dunno, i keep hearing about an upcoming trailer that is meant to be aired.
Its been blown out of proportion, not a trailer just news. But it IS April and the right time for a new trailer with a new thing that will promote the next gen, so who knows.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lol wowww, looks way worse than I was imagining. They should have just gone with a slightly improved version of the original armour not.. whatever this is