• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
It is coming after black friday as every pokemon for the last gens. It will do 10mill+ the first week ww. Pokemon has amazing legs, and it will sell another 10 in 2020 easily.
10 million in the first week, you say? Pretty bold prediction. So you think it will more than double what Smash Bros. Ultimate was able to do in its opening week?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
testing here my gif...
Lz5oY6Y.gif
Literally NES graphics.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
And once again a Pokemon game announcement has divided the community.
This is why we can't have nice things people.

2urvco.jpg

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Are people posting Ni no Kuni pics remembering that game has a garbage design and terrible battle system? Do we only care about "pushing the hardware" more than the artstyle being good or the rest of the game actually being good?
They're not mutually exclusive.

Just like how world encounters and wild battles aren't mutually exclusive.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Fixed camera perspective again is absolutely bonkers to me. It honestly feels like GameFreak are wildly behind the times, and consistently hold back Pokemon games in general. I wasn't even excited, and I'm still disappointed somehow.

Given the development timeline they were piggy backing of Sun/Moon designs for this one

Lets Go is the more disruptive game clearly.

Gen 9/Lets Go 2 will hopefully shake things up more

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
because northern ireland is part of the uk, and even if some people dont want it, both irelands are on the same island/landmass.

Well you said Éire which is Ireland as a whole and which is completely wrong as here in the Republic of Ireland we are most definitely not part of the UK thank you very much :)

On Topic: I'm quite happy with this honestly. Graphics are more or less what I expected. The only thing I thought they may keep is seeing the Pokémon in the wild but I'll probably quickly get over that.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
And it was fine to complain there just like it is fine to complain here, the game had just been revealed after all. Read my post again please.
Man, look at those goalposts move.

I pointed out that the people whining about LGPE not being for the core, so the core shouldn't complain, are now complaining that the game for the core isn't LGPE.

You said this is the first topic, so the situations are hardly comparable.

I point out people doing it in the first LGPE topic, demonstrating that the situations are very comparable indeed.

Oct 25, 2017
Are people posting Ni no Kuni pics remembering that game has a garbage design and terrible battle system? Do we only care about "pushing the hardware" more than the artstyle being good or the rest of the game actually being good?
The conversation was about graphics so whether you liked the gameplay(obviously the person who posted it did) is irrelevant and a deflection and the game is highly rated anyway so it's still a weird take

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Yeah, I get that in detail, but it still has the absolute same style than the previous games and that's where it doesn't really impresses me. It looks like a handheld title that's a bit aged. Good, but not impressive you can even see wonky frame rate and bad aliasing with very rough edges everywhere like usually in Nintendo games. That's a part where the emulator versions of the 3DS games is even more impressing, cause they look clean and smooth.

I was happy with let's go in the end so I probably will here too somehow but I wish the step up would be higher.

I mean, obviously an emulator on a PC is going to look impressive, it's upscaled to a ridiculous resolution. Emulators for every console look more impressive, that's kind of the point.

My overall opinion is that the artstyle is gorgeous and the additional attention given to the world design looks fantastic, but when it comes to issues like framerate and aliasing, I'll wait for a final product and not a livestreamed video compressed on YouTube.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm still going to play it but it definitely doesn't look as good as I was hoping. It certainly looks like a handheld Pokemon game.
Just wish it had more open level design and wild pokemon to actually hunt.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks okayish at first glance, but for someone like me that hasn't been playing Pokemon since Gold & Silver there will be enough new stuff to digest I guess.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
XB2 literally drops to 368p in portable mode and is only 720p docked!
Xb2 is fairly inconsistent if we talk about IQ, alpha effects destroy the image and some areas look rough even on docked... but it looks far better than Pokémon most of the time. The game has a detailed world, non-linear areas and the enemies are more detailed than any Pokémon. The cities have lots of NPCs, the materials/light look good and we know that the game was rushed and developed by a small team.

Pokémon can be a 1080p game, but the trailer shows a fair amount of bad textures, lack of proper lighting and simplistic area design.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Man, look at those goalposts move.

I pointed out that the people whining about LGPE not being for the core, so the core shouldn't complain, are now complaining that the game for the core isn't LGPE.

You said this is the first topic, so the situations are hardly comparable.

I point out people doing it in the first LGPE topic, demonstrating that the situations are very comparable indeed.

Why is it crazy for people to want the good ideas to be combined in a future mega game?

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly expected the game to be on the scale similar to the pre-rendered stuff in the trailer, but I guess that was too much to ask of Game Freak.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, as aesthetically pleasing as the Ni No Kuni games are, I just don't find them fun to play at all. I don't care how good a game looks, if I don't enjoy it's gameplay, I'm not playing it.

With that said, I hope they at least nail down the framerate and some of those textures. Those are the only things that really negatively jumped out at me regarding visuals/performance, and I don't fault anyone for being concerned abut that.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the attack animations they showed are representative of all of them. They were all pretty snappy, flashy, and emitted from the logical places.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Looks nice to me.

And considering Pokemon games are always graphically one generation behind, I don't know why people is so upset. It has always been this way. Remember DS had a Pokemon game (Black & White 2) when the 3DS was already one year and a half, and the 3DS ones were not graphically impressive either. And you still enjoyed them.

It's the first mainline Pokemon game in HD. If you want a Pokemon game that fits graphically with this generation's standards, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Gen 9 or even 10.

nah those 3DS games were garbage and it wasn't because of the graphics

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the possible paths we may be able to take on the map. Although there appears to be more than one it is still incredibly linear.

mWNOrCY.jpg

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
So I'll admit I haven't really been into Pokemon for a long-ass time, but I was at least hoping to look into this, potentially even jump back into it. And so far it looks.....okay. Just okay. Like, if you told me "just take the last game or two but they're HD now" this is about what I'd expect. Obviously "Pokemon BotW" wasn't gonna happen, but I'm not really getting the sense of oomph.

Lot of people criticizing the random battles but I honestly think that's fine and think the bigger issue is no overworld Pokemon at all. Not even asking for gameplay changes, just have Pokemon roam around for the sake of visual flair. Because the world just looks barren otherwise. And the point on no rotating camera is interesting considering the map is mostly a straight line that you're mostly climbing northwards.