• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it actually looks pretty good.

And thank God no open-world or removal of turn-based combat.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Fully expecting Scorbunny to have a buff ass hell evolution. Not sure which starter I'm picking yet.

Ignoring Let's Go for everything is mostly a plus to me as well, but no option for following Pokemon is kinda lame.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So many people were mad that Let's Go experimented with the series too much and wasn't like the others

Now people are mad that it's too traditional and doesn't shake things up enough

There was never an everybody wins situation here

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please please don't be fire fighting. It probably will be but oh well. I'm hyped. Didn't really like Sun and Moon.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Not amazing but pretty good. Just like any other pokemon game to be honest, and I still love them. The only real disappointment is going back to random battles.

Ahri

Lying PR
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really great. Can't wait for it.
What a massive year for Nintendo this shapes up to be.

Also, Waterboi > *

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling over a series of posts
so more of the same

meh

Damn, how does something like pokemon Colosseum in GC still looks better than this??

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
There you have it, sun and moon hd.

Anyone expecting more than that might be disapointed.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
The map still looks super cramped, small and railroad-y. Best they could do was just Sun/Moon "plus"??? Blergh

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gamefreak: "Pokemon 2019 will be a traditional game for fans"

Random internet users: "wtf its the same shit"

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I AM YOUR SHIELD

Region looks cool, all three starters look cute.
I'll probably go for the fire bunny, but the lizard and lemur both look good too. Curious what way they'll take the final evolutions to

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Don't want to have a kneejerk reaction, but I'm not impressed. This was below my low expectations...
Graphics look like a Vita game, routes don't look any bigger than normal, random encounters are back, fixed camera, no sign of Pokemon following you...
Yeah, the scale of the game has surprised me. I was hoping things felt bigger and a bit more adventurous. My biggest criticism of Sun/Moon is how tiny the entire world felt.

Oct 27, 2017
It's super hard for me understand how even jumping to consoles doesn't bring with it the massive leap in fidelity which that hardware should offer you. The art is great, and no doubt it looks better than predecessors, but man, always a half step forward with Nintendo.
Well for one this isn't a Nintendo game nor is it developed by Nintendo developers in any way

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. No random battles it's the only thing I'd had kept from let's Go, but, whatever.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Curious, has there been an official statement on the inspiration for the region but we all know it's the UK?

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
This guy got two out of three...except the one people wanted.
Pokemon-Switch-Leak.png
I guarantee these were probably passed around at the GF roundtables. The new starters are probably a result of not sticking TOO close to the designs for obvious reasons.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They still can't bring back pokemon following you around, or even add more pokemon in the OW.

I mean even HG/SS did it better.

Wish GF had a major direction overhaul so we could actually have some cool stuff in these games. Even Yokai Watch looks more promising.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Got everything I was expecting which wasn't much

HD version of sun/moon. Didn't expect any drastic changes to the formula.

Sobble best one!

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Random battles, the one good thing about Let's Go, are gone again.
World looks way too empty and I don't trust GF to get the framerate working well.
The region is a straight line.
Only the fire starter looks good.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I'm torn between the monkey and the bunny :(

I don't understand people who aren't hyped for this, I think it looks amazing. A massive leap over Sun/Moon which didn't hold my attention longer than a few hours.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
none of the rumors seemed true, other than perhaps the setting based on England.

looks pretty safe and conversative to me. it's also only 7 minutes, so we'll see at E3.

Might have changed names last min but its likely that hints about an England setting was the only thing that was true.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Quite honestly, it looks like a Pokémon game. I don't know why people expected anything else.

The settings in this game look really gorgeous. I like what they're going with.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Yep. I'll get it day 1. I really love the idea of playing Pokemon at home on a big TV and I like the style and graphics they chose. I do wish we could see the Pokemon on the overworld, but overall this looks pretty great, if not a bit safe.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
I think, I will end up liking this less than Let's Go just because random encounters are back.
The world looks good, the fixed camera not so much.
I'm a bit disappointed honestly.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The overworld looks fantastic, the starters look great but a bit derivative. Don't mind the lack of series changes. Only thing that bothered me was the music. Idk if it was the stream quality or what but it sounded like ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, I have mixed thoughts about this.

Is not the graphical upgrade I was hoping for but I guess is understandable since they try to make the 3D exploration more important but at the same time it seems like they dropped the visible Pokémon from Let's Go which is disappointing.

But the starters look fine and I might be willing to try this anyway.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The one thing that has me worried is the world map. Looks like a straight path up.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Direct feed trailer.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I think this will be the first generation I don't pick the grass starter. Grookey just doesn't appeal to me and Sobble looks too much like a Chao.