• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I felt kinda teased at the end of the video when they showed the characters from older games postgames when they know the postgame in SwSh is terrible. Overall great animation, I wonder if they could make a spin-off anime with this style.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool. Don't really get why they went for the deep fried meme look though!

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite news of the whole presentation is that less people are going to look at me dumb when I tell them to listen to a band called BUMP OF CHICKEN

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The BUMP OF CHICKEN MV they did for the One Piece X Hungry Days campaign is still one of the best AMV's I've ever seen.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
EjFqRHpXgAA5zOq

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Great now I'm getting depressed knowing that we will never get a Pokemon series in that vein.

Nelthar

Jan 14, 2020
Did anyone noticed that subtitles of the song begins with "Let's go, a Crystal light is waiting for us?...", foreshadowing?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went in expecting just a bunch of clips from the games of something...

Goddamn.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, what a crazy good nostalgia filled video. That commemorated much more than crown tundra for sure.

Really do wish we had some sort of anime like this for the show. This music video seemed to have more love and care crafted into it than the most recent games sadly when it comes to what really makes Pokemon well, Pokémon.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, what a crazy good nostalgia filled video. That commemorated much more than crown tundra for sure.

Really do wish we had some sort of anime like this for the show. This music video seemed to have more love and care crafted into it than the most recent games sadly when it comes to what really makes Pokemon well, Pokémon.
So nostalgia is what you want out of Pokémon.

Nelthar

Jan 14, 2020
Pokemon Company please, hire BONES to make pokemon anime with this animation style and protagonists for next year 25th anniversary... I will worship you for my entire life if you do.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
guys, the pokemon anime has been pretty good for a while

a 3 minute music video will of course have way better animation than ongoing anime

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
So good and visually dense as fuck. I am loving the faux VHS quality aesthetic implemented during portions of this.

Also the title should totally mention Mob Psycho 100 over My Hero Academia. If you want to see BONES at their best, shit is divine.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Was just talking about how much hype and goosebumps I felt when I watched the music video at the end after being uninterested in the gameplay stuff. I loved the sequences where the characters and rivals from each generations showed up.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was mixing up RADWIMPS and Bump of Chicken in my head for a minute, but BOC did a few of the intros for March Comes In Like A Lion which were absolutely spectacular as well. This is awesome!

Nov 25, 2019
The whole music video was fantastic, I loved it. Watching all the 25 years of history is so cool. I'm trying to catch every single detail, there's too many.

By the way, I'm probably missing them, but are the Frontier Brains featured on the video? I don't know if only some minor characters like Lisia/Aarune and the evil teams are missing, or the Brains are also not there.

Kovalxy

Apr 5, 2020
I wonder if they saw that kekkai sensen ending 1 parody with pokemon trainers and were inspired to do this. It reminds me of it a lot, in spirit.

I screamed when just tuning in the last minutes of the Direct they said "BUMP OF CHICKEN".

They made some great promotional music videos. For example, this one for an anniversary of japanese chocolates:

Yeah, I loved their work on Blood Blockade Battlefront (which was also animated by Bones).

Holy fucking shit, this is hilarious.

Blood Blockade Battlefront, the Lotte Chocolate commercial and the new Pokémon music video were all directed by the same person at the same studio: Rie Matsumoto at Studio Bones, I'm pretty sure. And they all feature songs done by Bump of Chicken. XD

A lot of people wish that Rie got her own anime project to direct (apparently one was in the works but that got cancelled).