• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I'm sorry. We need to up your prescription. Your path to recovery begins here!

No you're not gonna do this to me:

fuecoco_and_apples_by_cosmikarts_df0to9h-fullview.jpg

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope Fuecoco ends up being Fire/Grass. Its a pepper for gods sakes! Also really REALLY want a Electric/Fighting. Probably the most obvious type combination imaginable. Super fast karate Pokemon or something.

While I think a fire/grass pepper is an awesome idea, I really can't see them doing it with a starter. Giving it a grass secondary type screws up the whole rock/paper/scissor of the starters, moreso than the other secondary types do.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
While I think a fire/grass pepper is an awesome idea, I really can't see them doing it with a starter. Giving it a grass secondary type screws up the whole rock/paper/scissor of the starters, moreso than the other secondary types do.
It's been nine generations, it could use some screwing up.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
All Grass types should have Thick Fat because Grass is a garbage type =(

Also I normally don't want to see the starter evolutions but I will be anxiously awaiting JoJo ducks second and third stages because people keep trying to tell me it's a hat and not a JoJo pompadour to which I say they're fucking crazy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If Fuecoco becomes a Grass type, it would turn your choice of starter into "Grass, soon-to-be-Grass, and Water"

I don't see it

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
No you're not gonna do this to me:

fuecoco_and_apples_by_cosmikarts_df0to9h-fullview.jpg
I can see it, but it's definitely a hot pepper crocodile wearing dia de los muertos face paint. Skull with a mustache.

If Fuecoco becomes a Grass type, it would turn your choice of starter into "Grass, soon-to-be-Grass, and Water"

I don't see it
Yeah, if it's not already fire/grass when it's literally a hot pepper with legs I don't see it gaining grass type with later evolutions. My guess is Fire/Ghost or Fire/Dark.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Which starter is gonna dominate PVP when it's hidden ability drops. Who will continue the legacy of Incineroar and Rillaboom

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Someone on 4chan made a thread about how there is no exp bar in the battle ui meaning the seamless level-ups and move learning might be back from legends

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Which starter is gonna dominate PVP when it's hidden ability drops. Who will continue the legacy of Incineroar and Rillaboom
funnily enough the last 2 gens have both had a starter good in singles(Cinderace, Primarina), one good in doubles(Incineroar and Rillaboom) and the one that gets left behind(Decidueye and Inteleon)

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Someone on 4chan made a thread about how there is no exp bar in the battle ui meaning the seamless level-ups and move learning might be back from legends
Not sure it really makes a difference does it? Sw/Sh and BDSP both had all the exp added on at the end of the battle. I'd say all it means is that forced Exp. Share is definitely going nowhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Since they said you can tackle the main adventure in any order, I'm picturing a setup where you have gym equivalents scattered around the world, and the teams of the leaders there change based on how many you have already cleared. It would be similar to that one Pokemon cartoon or comic that showed Brock (or whoever) choosing different teams based on how many badges you already have.

This would be fun for replay value, too, since you could do the "gyms" in different orders and see different teams. To use an example with Gen 1 names, imagine if you could choose to fight Giovanni first and Brock last. Giovanni would now have, say... a low-level Rhyhorn, while Brock might have a high-level Golem and Steelix. And since you could be exploring the same world with three other players, they will run into different teams based on the order they explore the world.
I was thinking itd be like breath of the wild where every gym and pokemon in its area goes up in level as you defeat a gym leader similar to how enemies and weapons got better as you defeated dvine beasts and killed the Yiga leader

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Not sure it really makes a difference does it? Sw/Sh and BDSP both had all the exp added on at the end of the battle. I'd say all it means is that forced Exp. Share is definitely going nowhere.
I'm talking about how Legends didn't add exp until the battle was over and did it seamlessly along with the new moves

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
SWSH still had the exp bar in the main UI under the HP, unlike this game and PLA which only display it after battle is done

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
We haven't seen any dresses or skirts for PCs right?
The lack of clothing options in Arceus still makes me angry ):

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I actually need this....

Although honestly, I always read Fuecoco's face as a cut apple. He a lil' apple croc.....

AM I CRAZY?

I was thinking this too. Coco may stand for "cocodrilo" (crocodile in Spanish) but it also means coconut.

What if it ends up being a homage to Portuguese singer Carmen Miranda, famous for those fruit hats lol
Carmen_Miranda_in_The_Gang%27s_All_Here_trailer_cropped.jpg

they even hinted at it in the latest trailer :P
26.jpg

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Congratulations to Venonat and Venomoth for finally ending the longest streak without being in a regional Pokedex ever (not including remakes), with their last appearence being in the Johto Pokedex. The next Pokemon in line to take the crown are Phanpy/Donphan, Slugma/Magcargo, Taillow/Swellow, Shroomish/Breloom, Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking and Cacnea/Cacturne, all of which haven't featured since the Hoenn Pokedex.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Black 1 but haven't touched anything since.

Could this be the one to watch? I mostly have avoided most entries due to lacking difficulty, but Arceus seemingly changed that?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Could this be the one to watch? I mostly have avoided most entries due to lacking difficulty, but Arceus seemingly changed that?

it really didnt. dont play pokemon expecting difficulty. the hard battle in BDSP is the last battle of the main game. the "hard' battle everyone talks about arceus is the very last battle on the post game.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm kind of hoping, thinking about difficulty levels in the open world, that they're actually kind of realistic? Like, directly outside of cities there'd be weak Pokemon, the further into nature the stronger they get (and the local trainers to match them). You can explore anywhere, but certain areas will be dangerous in the early game, so you'd have to alter your playstyle to get through them effectively depending on when you go. Gym Leaders would have scaling sets of Pokemon based on how far into the story you've gotten. And then maybe certain story beats and sidequests would also adjust wild encounters (like, for example, defeating the evil team would free the Pokemon they've been holding hostage and you'd see them more in the open world, or destroying a blockade would let Pokemon from two regions interact and change rarities).

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

kind of hope they make it more obvious what moves you learned, i actually kinda didn't like the new system because i always forgot what i just learned

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
yall either very optimistic or forgot this is gamefreak were talking about

i'll be happy enough if theres any sort of scaling for gym leaders cause even that i dont think its granted. i can totally see gamefreak doing "open world" but still having a progression in their mind so if you go to gym they wanted to be the first last, you will be facing a bunch of lvl10s anyway

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
yall either very optimistic or forgot this is gamefreak were talking about

i'll be happy enough if theres any sort of scaling for gym leaders cause even that i dont think its granted. i can totally see gamefreak doing "open world" but still having a progression in their mind so if you go to gym they wanted to be the first last, you will be facing a bunch of lvl10s anyway
There's being pessimistic, and then there's this.

Arceus has more kick to it than recent titles but that's mainly due to its stat system kind of weird.

I'm personally exited for ScarVi because I've been wanting an open world Pokemon game that lets you fight gyms in any order for years.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

If you want difficulty, play Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, they're by far the hardest the games have ever been in terms of battles

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, possibly. The difficulty in Arceus was due in large part to the weird way it handled stats. Essentially, every Pokémon that you catch in that game is relatively weak unless boosted by Grit items. Players who were running parties full of un-boosted Pokémon were met with a lot of resistance (especially toward the endgame), but players who interacted with the new stat mechanic and Grit items had a significantly easier play-through. I myself didn't experience any difficulty until the last last battle in the game, but I was using Grit items on my party pretty consistently. It's a relatively safe bet that the stat mechanics and battle system of Arceus aren't coming back (it's not very conducive to online play and, in my opinion, the turn-based rather than round-based structure plays significantly worse), so you'll be more likely to catch Pokémon that aren't super weak from the jump.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
There's being pessimistic, and then there's this.

gamefreak broke my little heart too many times. i'd rather expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised than having delusions of them making adaptive changes like tavernade did (sorry tavernade)

It had been a bit of time since playing it but my memory says White 2/Black 2 hard mode is the hardest I remember Pokemon battles being.

its pretty cool but the hardest thing is probably getting the damn code to unlocking it
USUM is an "out of the box" harder experience specially if you dont use exp share (remember when you could turn it off? good times....)

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Lechonk should evolve into Oinking.

I'm sure many people made this suggestion already but if not, you're welcome.