• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't judging - but why is everyone saying they're attracted to these fictional cartoon videogame characters with hair straight out of Switch Sports?

gn2p5mM.png
You really have only seen that haircut in switchsports?

Chun

Jan 9, 2018
Lots of hot prof posts so apologies if it's been posted but from the write up on the website
You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you're free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story. You will, of course, journey to hone your skills as a Pokémon Trainer, but many more discoveries and stories await you. Meet a variety of people and Pokémon, and adventure in the world of Pokémon the way you want to.​

Nonlinear open world confirmed and between that and full co-op support (plus Lechonk) I'm ridiculously excited

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
As modern pokemon designs go, the legendaries look pretty good. Can't decide between the two. We need a poll!

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if those Pokémon Centers are specific to open areas. Otherwise, I'm worried we'll see few towns/hubs (besides the big city we've already seen from trailer 1).
I think so. It makes sense so that we dont have to run back to town to restock or heal but can just stay out in the open area.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Non linear progression

They're finally catching up to the 10 year old ideas I had for the franchise

What a time to be alive ; _____ ;
You should sue them for copying your childhood ideas!

Reminds me when I was in elementary school on the playground and said "Imagine a game like Mario Kart but it's DKC characters and you can pilot a plane and drive a boat." The next week I saw commercials for Diddy Kong Racing. Those fellas work fast.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Lechonk is pretty much the Wooloo of this generation, I think, hoping it won't end up as a forgettable two stage pokémon even though it probably will.
Smoliv looks amazing, that's my grass type right there.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope this is more Arceus and less Sw/Sh. Fingers crossed but doubtful right? :(

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
easily my least favorite legendaries - not even gonna say what miraidon reminds me of 🙄

smoliv and lechonk on the other hand are immaculate creatures and we stan heavy

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Pokemon thinking these legendaries are bad are why I don't trust ERA pokemon takes

Also Lechonk rules, but dont sleep on how great of a name Smoliv is either.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
That female professor looks like she will kick your ass if you even look at her funny. Can't be the only one thinking this right?

chichi789

Banned
May 30, 2022
So is everyone ignoring the fact that we can play the story at our own pace? Meaning we won't have to do gyms in order?? That's HUGE for a mainline pokemon game

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody talked about how the professors' names are puns?

Sada = pasada (Spanish for "past")

Turo = futuro (Spanish for "future")
Yeah, and the female professor name was actually chnaged in the spanish version of the game becuase we dont really say pasada as you cant really chnage pasado into a female version of it (as pasada in spanish is actually slang for something cool, or like its something bad better left in the past as in "pasada de moda" or not cool anymore, or even a ball pass in football).
She is called Albora. From the word Albor, that is start/first, usually used as in "albor de los tiempos" (beginning of times).
Much smater naming IMO, Turo still sounds bad, no matter how much it comes from Futuro.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm very confused what's exciting about this. What would co-op actually like... entail? What do you do together.
Explore the big open world? Share where you find cool pokemon? There might be a new version of Sw/Sh's raid battles, or the ability to team up with friends for 2v2 or 3v3 battles.

I do think their keeping a lot close to the chest for this game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So both legendary are vehicle-inspired (and dragon looking) and the Pokemon Center looks like a gas station? I guess there'll be a theme about fuels and stuff?

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I have a feeling that Pawmi isn't the Pikaclone. It's name is Pamo in Japanese, whereas Pikaclones usually retain the same names across both languages. Plus, they have been adding types to differentiate them all since Emolga in Gen V. It would be a bit weird to go back to pure Electric.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Damn I'm so behind on my Pokemon backlog ;-; first time since always lol

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
Was that a critical catch on Smoliv?

Also, really wanted them to keep the PLA mechaninc of battling by throwing a pokeball, makes way more sense than physically touching the pokemon.

I'm drawn to the cyberdragon, but I need to see the rest of the exclusive mons before deciding

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
I have a feeling that Pawmi isn't the Pikaclone. It's name is Pamo in Japanese, whereas Pikaclones usually retain the same names across both languages. Plus, they have been adding types to differentiate them all since Emolga in Gen V. It would be a bit weird to go back to pure Electric.
I agree, I feel Pawmi's more akin to something like Yamper.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Besides "pasado" and "futuro" references, Sada is also the name of a place in Spain (actually two places) and Turo may also be a reference to Turó de la Rovira, another place in Spain.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this meant to be a gotcha? They still look bad, and are indicative of the general badness of the graphics, no matter how "The Best Pokemon Has Ever Looked" it is.
Why are people so adamant about defending GF over quality? Like, are they not paying for their games like the rest of us? lol. And I agree, it looks pretty bad still.