• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I'm pretty upset the UI looks like it's taken a big step backwards from Legends'. Small nitpick of course, could change though.

Lechonk is great.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice. I like the barrel chested legendaries which will definitely turn into a motorycle that Pikachu will be able to ride around the region

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
unknown.png

I'm conflicted, i want the professor abs mom but i want the cyber dragon, gawd

SomePlayer

Apr 16, 2018
One professor and one legendary are "primal", the other duo are "future".

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
How on earth is this game going to run @ a stable framerate with 4 people running around

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Region seems kinda weak so far. Generic tundra, generic desert... I dunno, I thought there would be a little more identity.

And I can already tell the lack of voice acting is going to be jarring as fuck.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
so they were really forms of transportation after all lol and modern vs old too and dragons

I think it's the first time that I really don't feel that excited about the new Pokémon. Like they're really starting to look as "fakemons" more than any other generation.

However, after looking at the official artwork, they kinda look more like Pokémon, so it's not that bad.

The humans though, they still look too weird.

Jun 5, 2018
Hmm interesting, the 4 player co-op sounds fun though I'll probably never be able to use it unfortunately, artstyle is still going to take some time to get used to and they really didn't show any no school clothes unless I missed something which is suspect, only other thing that struck me is it's clearly open world design is at the forefront here so I hope they fill the world with lots of things it do beside just catching Pokémon and the occasional battle.

wingthor

Sep 18, 2021
This seems to be a massive step back from the improvements PLA made. I don't understand why this company has to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back every generation. The seamless pokeball throwing and entering battle was worlds better than what we had previously, and yet it seems they learned nothing.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Still not a fan of the art style tbh. I don't know why they've moved it away from what it always has been. Ever since the Switch to 3D the Pokemon have always looked better in-game than in their artwork, but it feels the opposite with the new style.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
They are embracing the Spanish culture so much and I love it. An olive and pig pokémon? AAA+ choices right there

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
No region map is kinda wild. We usually get it. But Co-op is absolutely dope.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised that encounters are started the more traditional way, since they probably want to keep capturing to in battle like normal.

And the lack of VA will probably continue to be jarring as characters get more expressive and animated.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
For the legendaries I like Scarlet's better tbh
Same here. I normally opt for the "main"/left versions, but this one I think I'll go with violet.

Not gonna lie, seeing some Legends seamless elements + confirming it is open world + that yit is fully co-op with 4 players, is making me excited for it.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I hated the legendaries in the trailer but they look cool enough on the cover. Might just be the general issue that Pokémon almost always look better as 2D illustrations than rendered in 3D.

As always, the new Pokémon designs look great and the gameplay looked kind of thin. Wild Area/PLA is the worst gameplay thing to happen to the series in a long time and this looks like even more of that unfortunately.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
The trailer is terrible. Coop is a nice addition but it would be hard return to turn based combat D:

#TeamViolet

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Maybe this is common knowledge everywhere so, forgive me if I'm silly with this but regarding Lechonk:

Young pigs are called Lechon in latam so I think it's a wordplay they did between that and Chonk.

I've no idea if everyone finds it funny because of this, or just because it's a chunky boy.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
The male professor legit looks like the after pic on those male photo filters that give you a square jaw lol

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Legendaries could be better, but I'll take them, definitely much better than the latest pair.
I'm guessing sneaking behind a Pokémon simply gives you an advantage, but it doesn't seem like there's more to that and it also seems like you can't move around during battles, I liked that a lot in Arceus, that and the character taking a serious stance when commanding a move.
Couldn't care less about co-op tbh, hopefully the game is not mainly designed with that in mind.

Also, weird to have Japanese-based names for the Legendaries in a Spain-focused region. Maybe there'll be lore reasons for that.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op is interesting and will probably get me to pick this up to play alongside friends. Although maybe it'll be cooler in my mind than in execution. I'm envisioning playing in the same world as my friends and competing to see who can make it to the Elite Four first, having rival battles with each other along the way. It could be less of a single adventure that you play one time and more about treating each one as a separate run with a group of friends where you each try to find the best route.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the legendaries, like the dewlap/wheels. Wish the violet one had legs instead of rocket boosters lol

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
4 player coop? No prescribed order to progressing through the game?

Dream come true

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I like the snek, but the rocket thrusters on the violet legendary are a little....disconcerting.

The apparent rival being a bit older is kinda interesting, as is her statement of us being the trainer of all 3 starters - I imagine she just bumps into us while we're picking one of them, but that would be kinda cool to be able to get all 3 right away, if wanted.

I really hope GF has improved their code, for any 4-player co-op-type activities (as I imagine it's just for the equivalent of the open-world zones/raids)

Scarlet Professor's outfit is a little...out there, lol.

...huh.

You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you're free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story. You will, of course, journey to hone your skills as a Pokémon Trainer, but many more discoveries and stories await you. Meet a variety of people and Pokémon, and adventure in the world of Pokémon the way you want to.

That's....potentially pretty interesting, after how on rails recent games have been.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Me after watching that trailer but knowing how something seems to go wrong every time

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

Getting excited now please dont mess this one up, dont be afraid to delay.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a theme of past versus future emerging more now. Between the logos and then the professor designs. Wonder how that'll manifest in the game.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Really digging the violet legendary, both are cool though. The first one is a salamander I presume?

Capsigrany

Nov 21, 2019
Looking good so far, the co-op could be insteresting!
But I'm not really a fan of the new legendaries' design.