• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I really hope the new gimmick for the remakes isn't megas coming back. Looking at the previous ORAS trailers the main gimmick was that. Megas were the gimmick of gen VI, and while Dynamax is gen VIII gimmick I very much doubt we'll see Dynamax in Sinnoh.
I just want them to stop doing per-Gen gimmicks. It makes it look like they have no idea what they're doing and are just throwing one-off ideas at a wall.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
What we'll probably see

- Pokemon Unite (5 minutes)
- New Pokemon Snap (5 minutes)
- Pokemon D&P remakes (5 minutes but probably less)
- another mobile game or Pokemon Go x Pokemon Anni

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I don't why people seem so sure it's just going to be a logo reveal or a teaser for whatever the new RPG. They showed in-game footage for Sword and Shield when they revealed that on Pokemon Day 2019.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Cant wait to see another mainline game not do what I want them to do. Maybe this time its different though.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't why people seem so sure it's just going to be a logo reveal or a teaser for whatever the new RPG. They showed in-game footage for Sword and Shield when they revealed that on Pokemon Day 2019.
Eh- past remakes haven't tended to be revealed until later in the year, and what with COVID I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see them sit on it a little while longer first. I do expect the announcement, but I'd be surprised if there was much more.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
We will 100% get Dynamax in Sinnoh. They are not going to strip out the main feature of this gen's battle system.

Honestly, I'm expecting more of a post-game NPC whose only purpose is "I come from Galar, try Dynamax here" type of thing. Dynamax has no logic in Sinnoh (or any other region than Kalos due to proximity). I mean, they can shoehorn it like they did megas in ORAS if they want but that would be really silly.

Still, I'd take Dynamax over megas any day.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
And in the Pokémon Day Pokémon Direct in 2016, they only showed logos

Kind o f annoying there isn't a youtube link for the english stream. Don't want to have to be scrambling at 7am to pull it up.
I got you covered, don't fret. I'll have all the relevant links. Japanese one is up though

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Because remakes are usually revealed much later in the year than this. And we have no idea of knowing if sword and shield was the rule or the exception now since sun and moon was logo only and concept art when it was revealed.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go. I'm ready for whatever they announce (like the massive piles of salt when gen 4 remakes are Let's Go games)

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Are Diamond and Pearl remakes heavily rumored? First time I'm seeing anything on it. I'd like to see Yellow Version or Blue

Oct 27, 2017

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I hope that Pokemon Sleep is secretly the end result of the journey that started with the Vitality Sensor.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD remakes here we come! For sure!

It might take awhile, bit I assume some form of GCN Virtual Console is inevitable (if not on the next Nintendo Console, the one after) so it'll be interesting to see if they wind up doing anything fun with those two games when the time comes.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I know the chances of it are essentially zero but I really hope Game Freak have fixed the pop-in issues from Sword and Shield. It's very weird to have these big field areas that appear completely devoid of living beings until you get within 10 ft of them. It's even weirder in the towns and corridor routes.

They made a big noise about how you could control the camera in the wild area but panning over barren patches of grass is just sad. I want the world to feel alive.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
That's on you though.
The "gimmick" serves 2 purposes: sell merch and make VGC distinct.
I definitely understand that they do it for a real reason, I'd just prefer they not totally abandon them once the generation ends. Like, why bother giving Pokemon cool new forms if you're just going to leave them behind to gather dust in the next generation because you want a new mechanic to help the game stand out?

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
So Go, Unite, Masters and Sleep are possible mobile games to be discussed. For Switch there's Snap and Detective Pikachu.

I'm hoping for a Pokemon deck builder announcement and GB games on eshop, but Sinnoh is my least favorite region so I hope remakes aren't announced.

My biggest worry is that they'll find a way to make the Switch version of Home even worse in comparison to the mobile one.

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that it's Pokemon Presents leads me to think we're specifically only going to get spinoffs, with maybe just a singular logo of the next main series games, if at all.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Ready for Sinnoan (sic?) Meowth.

I definitely understand that they do it for a real reason, I'd just prefer they not totally abandon them once the generation ends. Like, why bother giving Pokemon cool new forms if you're just going to leave them behind to gather dust in the next generation because you want a new mechanic to help the game stand out?
Moreover, I wish they'd stop deeming well received features exclusive to certain generations. It makes no sense to me that they'd rather do that then build upon these features for subsequent games. Things like secret bases and contests should never have been abandoned. It's not like Sword and Shield's towns were rife with things to do.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
This would be a real monkeypaw situation lmao
I'd rather have this be only for spin-offs or get a confirmation that these games would be for 2022 instead of 2021, haha.

I'm guessing we'll see Detective Pikachu for Switch tomorrow, right?

If you've got a 3DS, the TCG game is on that eShop and I absolutely adored playing through it again a few years back.

For whatever reason I don't think Pinball was every rereleased (At least not the Gen1 edition) and I loved it so much as a kid I don't really understand why.
What I never understood is why they didn't have more playing cards videogames to get everyone to understand how to play with them. If you could get cards during gameplay in a main entry and have a side mode where you can use them for battles I would love it as well. It'd be like a second collectable.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm expecting more of a post-game NPC whose only purpose is "I come from Galar, try Dynamax here" type of thing. Dynamax has no logic in Sinnoh (or any other region than Kalos due to proximity). I mean, they can shoehorn it like they did megas in ORAS if they want but that would be really silly.

Still, I'd take Dynamax over megas any day.
You should stop trying to find logic in the generational gimmick. The fact they come up with excuses as to why the new mechanics are in old regions are dumb as fuck as it is.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Well it helps that every Gen has improved competitive battles with their new gimmick, so it's easy to leave behind clunky Megas. Pokémon is also more than these mainline games.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Honestly the presents branding instead of the direct branding made me a bit apprehensive of this, but Ohmori and Masuda hyping it up on twitter has made me more hopefully. Not going to get my expectations through the roof or anything but hopefully for a 25th anniversary presentation, this bangs

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
More information on Pokemon snap
Pokemon lets go Jhoto launching in june 30
Pokemon DP remake launching in nov 21
Pokemon detective pikachu 2 launching sept
New Pokemon mystery dungeon launching next year
Pokken 2 tease

This would make it the best Pokemon present ever and rightly deserved because it's 25th anniversary.
Also there is precedence of 2 main line games releasing single year (frlg and emerald)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the presents branding instead of the direct branding made me a bit apprehensive of this, but Ohmori and Masuda hyping it up on twitter has made me more hopefully. Not going to get my expectations through the roof or anything but hopefully for a 25th anniversary presentation, this bangs

It just means you should likely expect things beyond Switch games like mobile.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone: I can't wait to see what the Diamond and Pearl remakes look like on the Switch tomorrow!
TPC: Here's the box art.

(Please don't do this again, TPC...)