• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee probably served a one off purpose, the release of Go was still recent and it was also a way to get younger audiences into the Switch (much more expensive than the 3DS) and get everyone on board for SwSh release the year after. Eevee neeeded a few months of promotion and hype in order to try make him as close as possible in popularity to Pikachu and they aren't doing it now with any Pokémon I believe, they're not going to do a Let's Go Bidoof.

Now, a remake using Let's Go graphic style is possible but I think they'll make it similar to SwSh just like every generation that had a remake.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I feel like the remakes will just get a very light teaser. Maybe even just a logo like Sun and Moon in 2016.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
The only thing I want is a small message saying that all of the Pokemon currently unavailable in Sword and Shield will be catchable in the next games and will be patched into Sword and Shield. I'll be okay with as little as that. But I don't think it will happen

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the remakes will just get a very light teaser. Maybe even just a logo like Sun and Moon in 2016.

This is what I'm expecting, they probably want to focus on advertising Pokemon Unite at the moment since I think that's going to be a Summer Release, I know it's getting beta's next month.

Of course, considering how "popular" the last time they showed of Pokemon Unite, I have concerns.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Here comes a wholesome promo of live-action actors playing Pokémon games across the years, set to uplifting music, which lasts for five minutes and then ends with 12 seconds of footage of whatever the next game is. :p

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
My guesses:

+Video of people playing Pokemon over the years. REMEMBER THE GAME BOY?
+Pokemon GigaDiamond and DynaPearl, new Dialga and Palkia forms that are glowing or something
+Pokemon Sleep shadow drop
+New Pokemon Snap details
+Pokemon Unite info, maybe a release date or a beta announcement
+Katy Perry song
+Pokemon 25th merch
+Something literally no one asked for

Hail mary guess: Nothing on Detective Pikachu 2

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Here comes a wholesome promo of live-action actors playing Pokémon games across the years, set to uplifting music, which lasts for five minutes and then ends with 12 seconds of footage of whatever the next game is. :p
My guesses:

+Video of people playing Pokemon over the years. REMEMBER THE GAME BOY?
+Pokemon GigaDiamond and DynaPearl, new Dialga and Palkia forms that are glowing or something
+Pokemon Sleep shadow drop
+New Pokemon Snap details
+Pokemon Unite info, maybe a release date or a beta announcement
+Katy Perry song
+Pokemon 25th merch
+Something literally no one asked for

Hail mary guess: Nothing on Detective Pikachu 2
I mean... its kinda how TPC opeartes the last decade. Simplify things for new players and get back old players with nostalgia bait.
I would be more shocked it we get a fresh take on this.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really hope they will re(re)realease the gameboy games on the Eshop. A man can dream.
You would think this would be a no brainer. Best way to celebrate the anniversary is playing the games.

I wonder how this would work with NSO possibly doing GB games in the future.

I guess they could make the original mainline games stand alone like Fire Emblem in NA, and add the spin offs as celebratory games to NSO with the GB. Like Puzzle Challenge, Pinball, and Trading Card game.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
P25 Music would be unlikely to be in it. We know we're getting a reveal for that after the concert

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • DP remakes
  • Pokemon Unite launch
  • PokePark 3
  • Pokken 2
  • Pokemon Snap
  • TGC Expansion
  • New short series cartoon
  • new comic books
my expectations

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Inner Child: I have faith in Gamefreak! I am so excited for new Pokemon games!

Adult Self: Oh no quiet down, thats how they make their money. This is gonna be disappointing and you know it.

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
Wondering if we're gonna hear about Pokémon Sleep ever again. Might have just been one of those concepts that didn't work and they end up never mentioning it again or reusing some of the mechanics in a future title.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not saying I'm expecting this, but if they released a Game Boy Pocket replica with a color backlit screen preloaded with Pokémon for $60 I would 100% buy it.

Trundl_e

Jan 30, 2021
I almost see thing as either we get something kind of Let's Go style and the original route/dungeon designs remain the same as the original, or it's more in the vein of SWSH and stuff's going to get changed. That kind of happened in ORAS in a few areas.

Orteip490

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how this would work with NSO possibly doing GB games in the future.

I guess they could make the original mainline games stand alone like Fire Emblem in NA, and add the spin offs as celebratory games to NSO with the GB. Like Puzzle Challenge, Pinball, and Trading Card game.

I'd love that. Every time I'm playing Go, I feel the need to come back to the classics, but unfortunately the battery in my original cartridges is long gone. And I only played a borrowed version of Trading Card as a kid, and it was really good. At least Pinball and Puzzle are still working fine.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the new gimmick for the remakes isn't megas coming back. Looking at the previous ORAS trailers the main gimmick was that. Megas were the gimmick of gen VI, and while Dynamax is gen VIII gimmick I very much doubt we'll see Dynamax in Sinnoh.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Full playthrough of the new SNAP with that length! jokes aside I expect a lite teaser for w/e this years RPG will be and more details on SNAP/other nostalgic stuff.

My dream would be full ports of the GB/GBA titles to switch with Final Fantasy style additions like fast forward but ya know... nintendo and all so yeah right.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I want Pokkén 2 and that's not gonna happen so I'll expect nothing from this.
Weirdly enough, there's still no Detective Pikachu Switch and it was announced 2 years ago or something.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope the new gimmick for the remakes isn't megas coming back. Looking at the previous ORAS trailers the main gimmick was that. Megas were the gimmick of gen VI, and while Dynamax is gen VIII gimmick I very much doubt we'll see Dynamax in Sinnoh.

We will 100% get Dynamax in Sinnoh. They are not going to strip out the main feature of this gen's battle system.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'd love that. Every time I'm playing Go, I feel the need to come back to the classics, but unfortunately the battery in my original cartridges is long gone. And I only played a borrowed version of Trading Card as a kid, and it was really good. At least Pinball and Puzzle are still working fine.

If you've got a 3DS, the TCG game is on that eShop and I absolutely adored playing through it again a few years back.

For whatever reason I don't think Pinball was every rereleased (At least not the Gen1 edition) and I loved it so much as a kid I don't really understand why.