• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
animated-number-image-0196.gif

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Should I stay up for 2 more hours or go to sleep I've been up 16 hours and watch this livestream tomorrow

Donizetty

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mexico
Yeah, but you can only play those games for limited amounts of time until your energy runs out, unless you pay for more. Sometimes I want a game I can play for hours at a time.
FEH and DL reward you for to play. If you do dialy quest they give you a lot of itmes that let you play almost forever. Those games are kind to FTP players. If a pokemon game could do the same it'd be neat!
Pokemon rumble and pokemon shuffle are bad in that field tho...

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
As Serebii has said multiple times, it's very likely this conference is not just about games, so what other entertainment areas do you think Pokémon could expand on? It's pretty much everywhere already (movies, TCG, anime, merch, hardware, even freaking smart assistants) so what new business area is left?

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I still will never understand the love for Pokemon Snap. It was such a boring game. I'd rather spend the time catching/battling or doing something new with the Pokemon IP than be a camera merchant.

It provided a look at Pokemon existing in their habits and feeling like living creatures in a way mainline games still don't 20 years later.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Just a reminder about how many pokemon spinoffs the DS got:
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue team
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
- Pokemon Dash
- Pokemon Trozei
- Pokemon Ranger
- Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
- Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
- Pokemon Conquest
- Pokemon Typing Adventure

and how many spinoffs the 3DS got:
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
- Pokemon Super Myster Dungeon
- Pokemon Battle Trozei
- Pokemon Shuffle
- Pokemon Art Academy
- Pokemon Picross
- Detective Pikachu
- Pokemon Rumble World
- Pokemon Rumble Blast

and so far on Switch :
- Pokken Tournament DX
- Pokemon Quest

Well, obviously not all of them are even good, and some of them are different games with just a pokemon skin on top, but it was still way better than what we have today.
Come on TPC, we need something more.

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Just a reminder about how many pokemon spinoffs the DS got:
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue team
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
- Pokemon Dash
- Pokemon Trozei
- Pokemon Ranger
- Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
- Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
- Pokemon Conquest
- Pokemon Typing Adventure

and how many spinoffs the 3DS got:
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
- Pokemon Super Myster Dungeon
- Pokemon Battle Trozei
- Pokemon Shuffle
- Pokemon Art Academy
- Pokemon Picross

and so far on Switch :
- Pokken Tournament DX

Well, obviously not all of them are even good, and some of them are different games with just a pokemon skin on top, but it was still way better than what we have today.
Come on TPC, we need something more.

You forgot Pokemon Quest for Switch...
I can understand why though lol

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As Serebii has said multiple times, it's very likely this conference is not just about games, so what other entertainment areas do you think Pokémon could expand on? It's pretty much everywhere already (movies, TCG, anime, merch, hardware, even freaking smart assistants) so what new business area is left?

Show me that live action Netflix series

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Pokemon TCG Online already exists for Android/iPad. Doubt they would shut it down.
Magic replaced it quite easily. Besides, a Heartstone style game where packs can't be redeemed and aimed towards non-hardcore would easily be a bigger money maker. Like MTGO, Pokemon TCG Online is aimed towards more of the hardcore base. Pokemon needs a new game with modern features aimed towards casuals/new people.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they announce a Gen 1 game haven't had any of those in a while we're due one

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
No areas left but I wouldn't be surprised if we go got some comic (not manga) or a Netflix series of some sort. I don't think these are big enough announcements to have a press conference tho.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If Detective Pikachu pulled in a profit at the Box Office we can see them discuss that along with maybe hints at a future movie.

Detective Pikachu port to the Switch and if I'm correct the 3DS version released in the West didn't have all the content that was released in Japan.

A sequel to the Detective Pikachu game. I didn't play the 3DS version and won't play unless it's Switch bound but I heard the game sets up well for a sequel.

Something for mobile. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Like with Pokémon Go or every other mobile release they've had it's going to be either a hit or miss.

I don't see them covering anything based on Pokémon cards unless they tie it in with the DP movie or gen 8.

Maybe a new anime short series which I would find exciting.

I'm just hoping for a a Pokémon game releasing sooner then later for the Switch to hold us over until Sword Shield releases.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gonna repost this here with a cleaner writing style. My guess is:
-Pokemon Journey, Free 2 Start with seasonal DLC.
-All region mobile RPG with new story.
-Brave Exvius style towns, cities, and some dungeons. Routes are automatic random battles, trainers are battled as random surprise events.
-Gyms and a proper league.
-Seasonal DLC is 1 new region its Pokemon, etc.
-Slowly free expansion DLC is added for PVP, minigames, and other gameplay.
-New level system to allow Pokemon between regions, Pokemon Go style stats, but it keeps the turn based battles.
-Some crosstalk with the main games, perhaps event Pokemon quests to transfer them over innthe style of Manaphy and Pokemon Ranger.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Novels, it turns out that GRRM collab was a Pokémon series all this time.

But more seriously I figure they'll focus on already existing branches, something involving VR is a possibility though, Labo or otherwise.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wild guesses: A Pokémon theme park. Or Pokémon x Disneyland

OR...they did it and made Pokémon real.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would love a Pokémon Snap with Labo VR capability

Note: This is a desire and is not indicative of any insider knowledge

Oct 25, 2017
-Brave Exvius style towns, cities, and some dungeons. Routes are automatic random battles, trainers are battled as random surprise events.
-New level system to allow Pokemon between regions, Pokemon Go style stats, but it keeps the turn based battles.
-Some crosstalk with the main games, perhaps event Pokemon quests to transfer them over innthe style of Manaphy and Pokemon Ranger.
this sounds terrible
the fucking meltan shit is already bad enough

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Just remembered how crazy it was exactly one year ago at this time, waiting for the press conference announcement

Good times

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm down for this

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
a line of ultra-high-end speakers that look like Noivern's head.

But seriously, more films? More live-action+cg combo films and more phone games sound like the most effective way to steadily get mindshare with people who don't play the regular games.