• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Do bulletin board jobs repeat or is there an end to them? I like to clear things before moving on but one Tiny Woods job keeps popping up.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cubone with Bonemerang and Cyndaquil with Flamethrower are destroying everything before enemies have the chance to get close lol.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
Cubone with Bonemerang and Cyndaquil with Flamethrower are destroying everything before enemies have the chance to get close lol.
I'm getting this with a charmander for a partner: it has flamethrower AND flame burst so anything not resistant to fire just dies. I also have another team member with Steamroll, so sometimes things resistant to fire also just die.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Charmander is greedy af, won't let me kill anything lol

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, my Charmander has been attacking every living Pokémon with Fire Burst, to the point where it's halfway through level 4.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet, but I just got a Scope Lens and I wonder if this is going to make Absol with Slash and Night Slash murder everything...

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the original GBA/DS game, after you cleared the epilogue story sections, every NPC in the town would revert to saying the same dialogue over and over again. Like the Ursaring who just evolved, or Alakazam who wants to be as strong as Lucario. This utterly drains the town of life and character.

Super Mystery Dungeon dealt with this by A. Having a ton of Generic/Traveling NPCs walking around the towns, B. Changing which Pokemon show up each day, and C. Giving them more then one conversation topic to rotate through.

Does the remake also address this?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Oh man, Articuno is way harder than Zapdos or Moltres. Those blizzards really ate through my reviver seeds.
I actually beat Articuno without even taking a hit due to RNG

I'm Psyduck and kept Water Pulsing, while my Treecko buddy used Dragonbreath. Between the confusion and paralyze chance, Articuno only attacked every so often and every time it attacked, it missed

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, Darknight Relic sucks. Grudge, spite, and perish song everywhere. And all the enemies beating up on the Shedinja to go into awakening.

I actually beat Articuno without even taking a hit due to RNG

I'm Psyduck and kept Water Pulsing, while my Treecko buddy used Dragonbreath. Between the confusion and paralyze chance, Articuno only attacked every so often and every time it attacked, it missed

I had a Swampert with steamroll use mud shot to slow it and used confuse wands every once in a while. Paralysis would have been helpful, I think. It still managed to use blizzard while confused twice. The first time wiped out everyone, the second time missed one.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
this team has a little star... this team has a little car... MY what a lot of TEAMS there are...

Yes some are old and some are new... some are red and some are blue...
some are sad and some are glad and some are ... VERY VERY BAD...

Why are they sad and glad and bad? I do not know go ask your dad!

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just got Bonemerang for Cubone.

This thing is BROKEN. Shame that all the bosses in the main game are flying types, and the one that isn't is resists ground lol. Gotta get Steamroll.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
So none of the legendary birds gave me much trouble, but then the Mankey gang absolutely wiped the floor with me, a 5-hit Fury Swipes on each of my team OHKO'd each and I didn't have any reviver seeds. Absolutely beautiful.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You can fix accuracy in this game easily because of accuracy drinks so you can still go ham with it if you invested in it. Absolutely worth it for multi hit moves. All my bonemerangs hit lol.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Just got hooked on wifi missions. Damn those rewards are soooooo good. Anybody know if you can challenge bosses while doing wifi missions? I wanna storm Sky Tower and save a bunch of people and still get to recruit Rayquaza at the end

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I see, well, better than nothing
There's a rare quality that bumps the accuracy of multi-hit moves to 100.
Needless to say, it's pretty busted.

Heracross learns like 4 multihit moves, and when mega-evolved, it's ability forces 5 hits each use.
Combine with the rare quality, link them together, and you busted the fucking game WIDE open.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now!

Any specific tips to read up on so I don't hate myself early on? Also, is there a specific starter that makes most sense to go with?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

Heracross learns like 4 multihit moves, and when mega-evolved, it's ability forces 5 hits each use.
Combine with the rare quality, link them together, and you busted the fucking game WIDE open.
... gotta try this

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Good lord...

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now!

Any specific tips to read up on so I don't hate myself early on? Also, is there a specific starter that makes most sense to go with?
I feel like most starters this time around have a couple good moves that they start with right off the bat, so really just go with who you like. Almost all the main game's bosses are flying type, so maybe avoid grass starters and Machop if you don't wanna deal with that.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now!

Choose your favorites, you CAN beat the campaign with any Pokemon of your choosing, though some are obviously harder than others. If you're really concerned about difficulty, I think the hardest to win with would be
Machop because of what the typing of all the bosses in this game bar 1 is

EDIT: Machop can get Rock moves via TM, so scratch that, Grass starters are hard mode
while the easiest is
Cubone because of its AOE attacks and the ability to easily learn Rock attacks for coverage against all the bosses bar 1 in the main campaign

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on how to tackle the post game ?
I beat the legendary birds and I am around Lvl 37 with a Gold Rank.

Should I focus on doing rescue missions or trying to beat the other legendaries ? Also what's the best way to grind levels ?

Thanks a lot !

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Downloading now!

here's what i mentioned earlier in the thread:
- I try to always bring the following items into a dungeon with me: 2-3 Apples, 2-3 Oran Berries, a Max Ether/Elixir, a status recovery berry/seed, and depending on the dungeon a resurrection seed and Escape Orb. They're not required items by any stretch, but I always like to keep things safe.
- Once you're freely able to enter dungeons, you can set your partner AI to focus on following you, gathering items, etc. Make sure to edit that in the pause menu so you're not shocked when they rush towards an enemy.
- Certain Pokemon in dungeons are able to go through walls/cross lava/water, and depending on the angle this means your attacks will miss if they aren't projectiles, so be wary of your surroundings at all times.
- Blast Seeds are your friend when it comes to bosses.
All I would really add is that leveling up your Rescue Rank allows you to hold more items and take more jobs, so be diligent about doing jobs.

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
Showing items on map before post game really makes the main story much easier, since you never walk through the whole floor after collecting all the items. Also it seems auto mode walk you straight to the stair even it doesn't show on the map? I'm not sure.