• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
off to a good start

www.resetera.com

UK Charts: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon debuts at No.1 - Week 10, 2020

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is No.1 in this week's UK physical retail charts. The boxed version of the Nintendo Switch game beats out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which drops to No.2. Digital download data is not included in the charts. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is...

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I believe he does go Mega in the post game. The story is pretty much what I remember? It's been a long ass time since I played it but it all felt somewhat familiar. I don't think they changed anything other than the cutscenes being way more involved. What was a total flaw to you?

The partner would basically dump you and go the friend area after the game ended, and you'd then learn if you evolved them or really talked to them in a dungeon after that point, they'd just become yet another pokemon of the same species. For meganium, I'd just get told that she thinks her flowers smell nice and after all the duo goes through it feels like a real betrayal having the personality drained and the soul gone in the post-story. Some say they fixed this, but others say they didn't, so I don't know what to believe.

Also, I've always been annoyed that the gengar subplot talked featured this strange "judge of darkness" character but he's never been identified or referenced in the series ever again and it's like why leave a big plothole open like that?!? And the lack of anyone noting that you staying behind probably makes human friends in your world worried sick, which Gates and Super both did well.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The partner would basically dump you and go the friend area after the game ended, and you'd then learn if you evolved them or really talked to them in a dungeon after that point, they'd just become yet another pokemon of the same species. For meganium, I'd just get told that she thinks her flowers smell nice and after all the duo goes through it feels like a real betrayal having the personality drained and the soul gone in the post-story. Some say they fixed this, but others say they didn't, so I don't know what to believe.

Also, I've always been annoyed that the gengar subplot talked featured this strange "judge of darkness" character but he's never been identified or referenced in the series ever again and it's like why leave a big plothole open like that?!? And the lack of anyone noting that you staying behind probably makes human friends in your world worried sick, which Gates and Super both did well.

I don't remember in the original if the partner pokemon continued to visit after they evolved but each day still starts out with you two meeting up. As I said it's been a while. The in dungeon dialogue seems very generic but idk if that is because I evolved them or not.

Also as a kid I never did the post game story stuff so idk where that is referenced. It is the same story as far as I can see so no, they don't reference the fact that you would be leaving your human friends behind.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Got too cocky and i died in Mt. Blaze, can anyone help me?

M(Heart) 3 (Fire) 4(Heart) 1(Fire) 2(Diamond)

5(Diamond) 6(Star) 9(Diamond) 9(Diamond) 5(Heart)

6 (Star) 2(Diamond) 8(Star) P(Water) 1(Diamond)

7(Fire) 7(Water) 9(Diamond) X(Heart) P(Fire)

9(Diamond) 5(Fire) 8(Fire) D(Water) 3(Heart)

8(Fire) X(Heart) M(Fire) 2(Diamond) 2(Fire)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Got too cocky and i died in Mt. Blaze, can anyone help me?

M(Heart) 3 (Fire) 4(Heart) 1(Fire) 2(Diamond)

5(Diamond) 6(Star) 9(Diamond) 9(Diamond) 5(Heart)

6 (Star) 2(Diamond) 8(Star) P(Water) 1(Diamond)

7(Fire) 7(Water) 9(Diamond) X(Heart) P(Fire)

9(Diamond) 5(Fire) 8(Fire) D(Water) 3(Heart)

8(Fire) X(Heart) M(Fire) 2(Diamond) 2(Fire)

ESoOOX9U0AATaHi

Nice and fast

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do Gen 4 evolutions not show up until post game?

I'm about 75% of the way through the story and haven't seen a single one, yet

Bonsly showed up in Sinister Woods for me, so don't think that's the case. Did hit Bronze Rank before that though so maybe there's a requirement beforehand?

I'll jump into Silent Chasm tomorrow. Quiz had me come out as Mudkip (Calm apparantly, despite saying WHATEVER to the current leader of the country, that's a fun question right there) and had a Chikorita as my partner.

Mudkip I'm still trying to find a good moveset on, but Chikorita seems like a god already. Razor Leaf for long range snipes, Grass Knot linked with Reflect for close range combat, and Ancient Power for pretty much all of Chikorita's weaknesses (That covers Fire, Rock, Flying and Ice, only Poison remains at that point).

Also, I got the Recruit Chance increase Rare Skill on my mudkip, I'm guessing that one is fixed, or did I just get really lucky?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Part of my really wants to go back and play Explorers of the Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon now that I've played this but another part of me realizes that would be a dumb idea to do now considering I'm barely in to the post game.

(also Animal Crossing and Doom in like 12 days and then the onslaught of games just continues from there)

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn already finished it lol. Forgot how short the story was but I enjoyed it!

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Cubone is insane in this, my partner is Machop but I imagine picking a water type would be extremely complementary since Cubone just completely negates one of their two weaknesses with Lightning Rod. And then it starts with a good ground STAB, a good fighting move and of all things, Brutal Swing?? I'm using a Pinsir as my 3rd Pokemon cuz it has the broken rare quality that makes anything you eat completely fill your belly and double Brutal Swing is insane lol.

Only wack thing is its stats aren't too good, but it's nothing you can't fix. Machop I'm also super liking cuz of having Bullet Punch, give it Power Band and a rock type move for coverage and watch everyone explode. Guts is also super clutch here.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
In the OG games I never really had to grind for the postgame stuff like Stormy Sea and Solar Cave and recruiting legendariss, but is it a good idea to grind in DX for these things?

I just wrapped up the story around 30-31, using Quilava, Groyvle, and Absol now (Magneton for Stormy Sea). Postgames of the MD games are where the true meat is (except for gates, we don't talk about that).

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't remember in the original if the partner pokemon continued to visit after they evolved but each day still starts out with you two meeting up. As I said it's been a while. The in dungeon dialogue seems very generic but idk if that is because I evolved them or not.

Also as a kid I never did the post game story stuff so idk where that is referenced. It is the same story as far as I can see so no, they don't reference the fact that you would be leaving your human friends behind.

No that never ever happened. They just became like a random recruited mon. THANK GOD they fixed the biggest issue! I can feel safe about the post-game now lol.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Using Cyndaquil and Mudkip as the partner. Am I better off just using Fireblast and throwing alot of PP ups on the move instead of using Flamethrower? Going to keep Smokescreen and Doublekick for the fighting coverage.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Cubone is insane in this, my partner is Machop but I imagine picking a water type would be extremely complementary since Cubone just completely negates one of their two weaknesses with Lightning Rod. And then it starts with a good ground STAB, a good fighting move and of all things, Brutal Swing?? I'm using a Pinsir as my 3rd Pokemon cuz it has the broken rare quality that makes anything you eat completely fill your belly and double Brutal Swing is insane lol.

Only wack thing is its stats aren't too good, but it's nothing you can't fix. Machop I'm also super liking cuz of having Bullet Punch, give it Power Band and a rock type move for coverage and watch everyone explode. Guts is also super clutch here.

Eyy, I went with Psyduck and Cubone as a partner. Can confirm, Cubone is insane. I use her most of the time now over my starter. The only time that Cubone feels weak is on
on the final story mode mission since everything is either flying or has levitate.
I imagine I'll have some trouble with the postgame content too since IIRC a lot of it has to do with water pokemon galore, but we'll see. I just got started on the postgame and I'm going to take that more casually.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, just found out the hard way what happens when you quit a dungeon from the menu. I was doing the Sinister Cave mission where you have to rescue the Metapod. But it just kept going and going and the enemies were getting way too difficult. I didn't remember what I had to do. So yeah, lost a lot of good items. And dumb silent autosave means I had to commit to my mistake.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Make all the PMD games, just so Serebii suffers.

I kinda got carried away doing missions, reached Gold Rank before meeting Xatu.
There are just always good missions aviable, i had to stop myself.

People saying they finished the game at LVL30 makes me kinda worried, just reached 21 with my core team.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Make all the PMD games, just so Serebii suffers.

I kinda got carried away doing missions, reached Gold Rank before meeting Xatu.
There are just always good missions aviable, i had to stop myself.

People saying they finished the game at LVL30 makes me kinda worried, just reached 21 with my core team.
I'm approaching the end of the story (I'm at the underground event) and I'm around 31/32. And I just hit Gold too, so you're definitely grinding those missions lol

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Despite only running into one monster house beforehand, I just ran into two in Sky Pillar, lost all my revives, and had to dip out.

Fuck.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I'm approaching the end of the story (I'm at the underground event) and I'm around 31/32. And I just hit Gold too, so you're definitely grinding those missions lol
Dont know if i am just lucky, but i always had 6-8 missions for a dungeon, so i just couldnt not do them.

On that note, i cant remember from the original, but does the mission board ever get larger than 8 ?
Since i can now store 40 missions due to gold rank.

Despite only running into one monster house beforehand, I just ran into two in Sky Pillar, lost all my revives, and had to dip out.

Fuck.
The trick is to become the monster house.
Pal up and go 8 mons and swarm them.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
A remake of Explorers of Sky is absolutely needed.

I'm just about to enter the final story dungeon. Will finish it later today.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
To deal with monster houses you have to get back into the hallway so you are fighting only one Mon at the time.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Dont know if i am just lucky, but i always had 6-8 missions for a dungeon, so i just couldnt not do them.

On that note, i cant remember from the original, but does the mission board ever get larger than 8 ?
Since i can now store 40 missions due to gold rank.

The trick is to become the monster house.
Pal up and go 8 mons and swarm them.

This was on floor 2 and 3 respectively.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
I don't have the game, but got a mechanical question!

Upon evolution, are the stats adjusted? In the original, evolving late was pretty disadvantageous, since you'd have had the previous evolution's stat growths until then. This was addressed in Super (not sure if earlier). How about the remake?

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I don't have the game, but got a mechanical question!

Upon evolution, are the stats adjusted? In the original, evolving late was pretty disadvantageous, since you'd have had the previous evolution's stat growths until then. This was addressed in Super (not sure if earlier). How about the remake?
So far, every Pokemon gets +3 to each stat and +10 to HP, from what I can tell.
I don't believe stat growths actually improve much upon evolving.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Welp my magnemite absolutely obliterated Zapdos. Signal beam Confusion then I basically buffed it's special attack to kingdom come. Zapdos had no chance with my pokemon(cyndaquil) using a smokescreen while confused and mudkip using rock throw.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Lmao, I just utterly curbstomped Kyogre. Not a single reviver seed used.

Word of advice, have surround wands conserved for major boss battles.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wish Alolan forms were in this. I get that Galarian forms were probably too new to make it in, but Alolan forms would have been nice

Especially with Cubone and Pikachu being starters. It would have given people a chance to pick a slightly different evolution, if they wanted.

I want to see giant Alolan Exeggutor wandering around caves

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there is post game? I'm more interested now...What sort of content does it have and how robust is it?

the post game is like 80% of the actual content. Longer and harder dungeons, recruiting more Pokémon and battling and recruiting legendaries, doing jobs by reaching certain floors in dungeons and doing online rescues to bump up your rescue rank, team building, I think there is some post game story too.