• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
eH0216t.png

bTNeKBK.png

S385pEo.png

b14zRfL.png

W2Vdons.png

1jD6kor.png

BcAq5LX.png

sc9eFGB.png

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
MXpwbna.png

Text only OT

General Information
Developed by: Spike Chunsoft
Published by: The Pokémon Company | Nintendo
Engine: Unity
Release Date: March 6, 2020
Genre: Roguelike
Platform: Nintendo Switch

The Premise
What would you do if you woke up one morning...and you were a Pokémon?!

You can meet and recruit Pokémon in a dungeon-crawling adventure within their world! Build a rescue team to take on mysterious, changing dungeons and strategically plan your moves as you venture forth to make the Pokémon world a safer place…and uncover your true purpose along the way.

Think hard about who is right for the job and how to approach each mysterious dungeon as you prepare a rescue team. You'll move a single square at a time or use Auto mode to speed up movement until you engage other Pokémon in turn-based battles—but don't forget about Pokémon strengths and weaknesses! This version adds gorgeous watercolor-inspired graphics, and more! Get comfortable in being a Pokémon, there's a lot of work to do.

You and your Partner
You are able to choose one of the 16 returning Pokémon from the original game as your starter and partner Pokémon. However, the partner cannot be the same type of Pokémon as the one you choose to play. You may, as in the prior Nintendo DS titles, choose the Pokémon using a quiz, or as in the WiiWare and Nintendo 3DS titles, choose a Pokémon themselves. Unlike the original games, your character choices are not restricted by the gender you select when starting the game.

The 16 pokemon you can choose from are:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Meowth, Psyduck, Machop, Cubone, Eevee, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Skitty

New and Returning features
  • Auto mode: Pressing the L Button will automatically move the player and their team until an enemy is approached or the button is pressed again.
  • Using the A Button now selects the best move against an opponent.
  • Up to five additional team members can be added while in a dungeon, for a total of eight teammates.
  • Some new items, like the Bank Orb.
  • The Makuhita Dojo has been revamped. Only one Pokémon can enter at a time, experience gained is boosted, and there is a time limit, depending on which ticket the player gives to Makuhita.
  • Gummies can no longer be taken out of the Kangaskhan Storage. Instead, they are eaten at a rescue camp.
  • The game now autosaves.
  • The names of the player's main character, partner, & rescue team can be changed in the main menu.
  • TMs can no longer be Recycled; instead of becoming used TMs, they are destroyed. Recycle now instead changes a Plain Seed to a different Seed or an Oran Berry.
  • Friend Areas and the Wigglytuff Club are replaced by rescue team camps and Wigglytuff's Camp Corner, respectively.
  • Shiny Pokémon can be recruited using the Friend Bow.
  • A shortcut from the Team Base to the Pelipper Post Office is created by Diglett early on in the game.

Mysterious Gameplay
While some of the time playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX will be spent exploring the town and talking to the various other Pokémon there… most of your time in the game will be spent deep in mysterious dungeons! You and a team of Pokémon will explore these randomly generated dungeons where gameplay is based on a classic roguelike game.

Movement and actions are turn-based; you can can use basic attacks, moves and items. The game starts with one partner Pokémon, but you can recruit other Pokémon you meet in the dungeon to your team not long after starting your journey.

The Definitive Experience
The original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games released in 2005-2006, called Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team are the base games that are getting the full remake treatment in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. With overhauled graphics now in 3D and a unique storybook aesthetic Rescue Team DX is looking like a faithful remake of the originals with some updates and additions to reflect all the changes in the other Pokémon games since 2006.

OT by iFirez

dsYUoxc.png

A message from the OT Creator

Thanks for checking out the OT everyone!
As a huge Pokémon fan I always wanted to do an OT for one of the games and I loved Xavi 's OT for Sword and Shield last year, so I thought I'd have a go. My previous OTs have been Anthem, The Outer Worlds and Darksiders Genesis, I also did the animated headers for the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order OT too. Also shoutout to mazi for the winning title of this OT as voted for by the community here: https://www.strawpoll.me/19444436/r thanks to everyone who submitted title ideas and voted. For this OT, decided to redraw some elements of the UI I saw in the demo of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX and turn those into the different panels seen in this OT. As always I want to thank everyone who supports me with this OTs, I've been working on the design for the upcoming Animal Crossing: New Horizons OT while Rafisher collates all the information and plans the thread; I'm really looking forward to everyone seeing that OT in just a few weeks! My hopes now are to try do be involved with the design of the OTs for some of the big games coming out later this year. I've loved working on the OTs I've been involved with so far, so once again thanks for all the support and see you all very soon for the next one.​

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. It's been many years since I played the original.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Can you visit rescue team camps similarly like the friend areas in the original to see Pokemon hanging out in their respective area?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hell yeah great OT. I'mma try and get this soon but it's midterm season for me Rn so I might be only able to play a bit this weekend. Very excited

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...shit, I completely forgot this was coming out. Guess it'll be an easy way to free me from the Snack World hole I fell down the past few weeks, at least.

Kinda worry I might have burnt myself out on dungeon crawlers by playing way too much of a worse game, though. Guess I'll see.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
This OT is GREAT! I'm excited to play the game after work on Friday. New Horizons hype keeps making me forget how excited I am for this game, too.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I honestly think Blue Rescue Team was the first game that I cried to, when I was 10-11. I'm so ready for this.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Great OT as always iFirez

Didn't know you were working on the design for the AC OT too, that should be fun

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Amazing OT iFirez!! I love it so much
Hell yeah great OT. I'mma try and get this soon but it's midterm season for me Rn so I might be only able to play a bit this weekend. Very excited
This OT is GREAT! I'm excited to play the game after work on Friday. New Horizons hype keeps making me forget how excited I am for this game, too.
Lovely OT! Can't wait to dive into this when it unlocks (hopefully tomorrow night, and not ~noon on Friday; any word on this?). Never played either Rescue Team game before and it sounds like I'm in for a treat.
Thanks all :) It was fun basing the panels of the OT off of elements from the games UI, which I redrew from screenshots in Illustrator, glad you all like it.

Great OT as always iFirez

Didn't know you were working on the design for the AC OT too, that should be fun
Yeah it's going to be a fun one, going in hard on some of the design elements and branding it with as much Nook Inc logos as possible - the thread will be owned by Nook and every single one of the posters will be debt with that little pesky bell hording guy.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I recently dug out my DS Lite and had a copy of the original Blue Rescue Team. I loaded it up and found I'd only put a few hours into it, and I have no idea what's going on now. I wonder if I should wipe the save and start fresh or try to figure out what I'm doing.

(I don't have a Switch so I wouldn't be getting this new one any time soon.)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Any confirmation on post game or whats new there? There appeared to be more boss portraits but nothing much has been said in reviews.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I love the aesthetic and that it's a remake of the original games, but I just don't have the time for it right now. I wonder if it will ever go on sale.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah it's going to be a fun one, going in hard on some of the design elements and branding it with as much Nook Inc logos as possible - the thread will be owned by Nook and every single one of the posters will be debt with that little pesky bell hording guy.
I'm working on the DOOM OT at the same time so I guess there'll be a bit of healthy competition here and there x)

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I never played the original so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm working on the DOOM OT at the same time so I guess there'll be a bit of healthy competition here and there x)
I don't know how I'm going to play both - I'm worried about that weekend! I think of it less of a competition and more of us both working on awesome OT's that everyone can enjoy, they'll be some users who are active in both OTs too but for the most part I imagine they'll be pretty split as the audiences won't have the largest crossover.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I loved the original, can't wait for this to release

The demo was great

I do kinda hate the way Treeko moves, though. Wish it still walked on all fours and I kind of regret picking him as my partner...

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Can you
change your leader around town
in the post-game like the original? This tiny detail is important to me.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
This looks pretty intriguing... Might bite before I go on vacation but I bought FE when it was on sale and I haven't even touched that, yet.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I'm very excited to start playing this, even though I know what to expect having played the original. I'm probably going to dedicate postgame more to recruiting Pokémon this time since I've only done that for Super.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
I must be one of the few people super excited for this game but not picking up Animal Crossing at all. Spent a lot of time with the originals back when I was very young and keen to experience it again. Day 1 for me.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Eh, I see what you mean, but it's more convenient this way

They could've made it into an option in the settings... I could think of multiple ways to do this. But oh well, what's gone is gone. They weren't keen on friend areas back then anyway considering its removal from the sequels. I felt a bit of disappointment back then too...

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Not a fan of some of the changes they've made but still super excited to play this. The endgame of taking on all the legendaries with heavily restricted parties in already challenging dungeons was so much fun, and the story will probably make me tear up again.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Probably put over 200 hours into the original, so can't wait for this. I never managed to do any of those dungeons where they reset your level so can't wait to actually get those done this time.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Probably put over 200 hours into the original, so can't wait for this. I never managed to do any of those dungeons where they reset your level so can't wait to actually get those done this time.

I abused the A-OK Mail Generator to rescue myself multiple times to clear those dungeons. Even then, it was a huge pain! I'm rooting for you!

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
What did everyone choose as their Pokemon and Partner in the demo? I chose Cyndaquil and Treecko (My favourite Fire and Grass 'mons respectively)

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
What did everyone choose as their Pokemon and Partner in the demo? I chose Cyndaquil and Treeko (My favourite Fire and Grass 'mons respectively)
I got Treeko from the quiz and decided to keep it even though it's not my favorite because I felt the description itself was accurate and wanted to switch things up, and then I chose Totodile as partner cause it seemed like a fun pairing.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Playing demo right now. Is there anyway to make your partner not throw items at enemies when registered to use?