• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
My wish would be to be a 1 to 1 remake so that no new Pokemon's or abilities are in the game, just updated graphics. Want to relive that Pt/Hg/SS competitive scene again.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I correct in thinking this will be the longest gap in time between the original and its remake? It'll be 14 years no? None of the 3 so far were that long.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Seems interesting but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if the remakes don't have Platinum content like the distortion world and battle resort, but I honestly think neither of those things are going to happen.

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
People said the same in 2016 for 2017 and 2018.

Merchandise tells part of the story, not the full story.

Merchandise cannot be used to determine such a thing. I've seen people do this each year for Sinnoh stuff since 2016.
Because it was obvious Sinnoh remakes were not coming in 2016, 2017 or 2018 because we weren't in Gen 8 yet.

In 2020 all the conditions for a Sinnoh remake will finally be clear. It's releasing either next year or 2021, and I'm pretty sure you are also conscious of that.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Because it was obvious Sinnoh remakes were not coming in 2016, 2017 or 2018 because we weren't in Gen 8 yet.

In 2020 all the conditions for a Sinnoh remake will finally be clear. It's releasing either next year or 2021, and I'm pretty sure you are also conscious of that.
It's still an assumption and a leap that Sinnoh merchandise means DP remakes in 2020, especially as the anime is visiting every region. It's not how it works and shouldn't be presented in this way.

We've had multiple years of lots of Diamond & Pearl related merchandise and nothing came of it. People INSISTED it ws happening in 2017 because of all the Gen 4 merch and hints that surrounded Pokémon I Choose You.

We can't say that this means that we're getting DP Remakes this year. It doesn't mean anything.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I mean

If they were going to do it, they'd do it at the end of the year with merchandise cross promotion

We've had many instances of merchandise focusing on a certain region and people insisting it means a remake. For example, we had a lot of Gen 4 merch and presence in 2017 around the movie.

Let's not jump to conclusions just based on merch.

Could it happen? Sure. Is this evidence? No
Yeah this is where I'm at too. With all the games they've been making 2020 seems more like a necessary year off.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm looking forward to the game being slow as molasses and having two Fire types in the dex, just for that authentic DP feel.

Also a 'The Battle Frontier project continues!' middle finger from Gamefreak.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES!
i fucking love sinnoh, can't wait for the remakes
i just pray it's not that let's go bullshit and it's a proper game.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's still an assumption and a leap that Sinnoh merchandise means DP remakes in 2020, especially as the anime is visiting every region. It's not how it works and shouldn't be presented in this way.

We've had multiple years of lots of Diamond & Pearl related merchandise and nothing came of it. People INSISTED it ws happening in 2017 because of all the Gen 4 merch and hints that surrounded Pokémon I Choose You.

We can't say that this means that we're getting DP Remakes this year. It doesn't mean anything.
xy first mainline game on 3ds
one year later gen 3 remakes
this year we get the first new gen mainline games on switch
sso one year later?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Just hoping they dont fuck it with the lets go treatment.

I'd be ok wiht lets go jhotto and DP remakes THE SAME year, wince I dont have ap roblem with lets go as long as it doesnt interfere with hte calendar of the main series.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they learn something from ORAS and pull heavily from Platinum. Base Diamond and Pearl are terrible, but Platinum is excellent.

Oct 25, 2017
images

Hope we get a Wild Area on Sinnoh as well
ahahahahahahahahahaha you think Gamefreak would do anything with consistency?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have Pokémon Platinum on my backlog to play sometime soon-ish. Maybe I will wait for the remakes.

Although if they are like the Let's Go games I might pass and play the DS version.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
In any case, gen 4 without the slowness, with all the QoL updates and with beautiful HD graphics, overworld Pokémon, more lore stuff and everything is gonna be glorious.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It's been this since the start with a couple years off. Where have you been?
This year marks the 4th year in a row with a release, a first for the series. The highest they have gone was with Pt/HGSS/BW and B2W2/XY/ORAS. This is also the first time an entire gen and the next gen all happened in rapid fire. Its never been like this, not even in Gen 1 or 2. Is it really so unresonable to want an actual break since and just let a new generation soak in?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I'm down for Diamond/Pearl remakes, I'd prefer if they take more time to work on these games & wait until 2021.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Didn't the anime art have legendaries from every region? I'm confused how we got to this meaning Gen 4 remakes. I mean, it's probably going to happen but this feels like a stretch, especially with the merch launching late 2019 - a whole year before a possible new game launching

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
with the anime featuring all regions next year I think this is less significant than it could have been otherwise

I think Sinnoh remakes are inevitable, and we'll probably get some game next year, but I wouldn't bet on it lining up

My ideal line-up would be Sinnoh remakes next year, Sword & Shield 2 the year after that, then the next gen after that. I think Let's Go won't continue, personally.
No, that's too soon. They should be at least 2 years apart of each other.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Gen 4 game so I'm looking forward to it. Here's hoping it is proper remake instead of a Let's Go Sinnoh.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I am 100% here for this if a Sinnoh remake happens. It was one of my favourite generations by far. And one of the few generations where I genuinely liked the design of the female protagonist.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhhh Gen 4, the return to form the series needed after RSE were a pretty big disappointment to me.

Hopefully they fix up the speed and add in the modern feature of HMs just being unlocked abilities instead of locked moves. Because I don't really want to HM slave a bidoof as my 6th party member all game.