• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So this has been datamined for a while but is now officially out there.

Starting tomorrow, Pokémon Masters is running its first event to tie in with the anime. This event is Double Trouble and introduces Jessie & Arbok as a Sync Pair for all players.

Despite Jessie & James having been in Yellow and Let's Go, this is 100% an anime tie in. The voice actors used are the ones from the anime, which is different to every other character in the game which have appeared in both.

This event is a tie-in to the new movie, Coco, which was meant to be released on Friday but got delayed due to COVID19. It features Jessie & James being brought to Pasio by the Shiny Celebi of the movie.

This really opens up possibilities of Ash and other anime characters coming over, and even opens up the range of characters to not just main games.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Is Masters even that popular? It doesn't seem like you ever see that many people talking about it in general.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hopefully they get their theme from Yellow/Let's Go! included. I love that theme.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great game. I play it regularly and it has improved a lot since release. Looking forward to the anime characters. I wish they did more tie ins, we've yet to see a sword/shield character...

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
It isn't dead. Thing don't have to be breaking records to continue and do well

The launch faultered and had major drop off after the first week but they've been improving it significantly over the past few months
It did after 2 months of releasing almost all the casuals left and they were forced to change and make quick updates to try and bring them back. You know games dead when people are making guides to solo bosses with bots when you are supposed to do it with other people cause you can't find them. Hardcore people have stuck with it but that isn't really something to be proud of for a big IP as Pokemon.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The launch was bad but I endured through it and now it's pretty enjoyable, I even managed to save up 80k gems, and have been destroying content with 3/5 Red, haha.
Can't wait for the anniversary!

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It did after 2 months of releasing almost all the casuals left and they were forced to change and make quick updates to try and bring them back. You know games dead when people are making guides to solo bosses with bots when you are supposed to do it with other people cause you can't find them. Hardcore people have stuck with it but that isn't really something to be proud of for a big IP as Pokemon.
Is it making money? Yes, albeit not amazing
Does it have a strong userbase? Yes

Ergo, it's not dead

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First the sonic mobile game is bringing in comic-only characters and now the pokemon mobile game bringing in anime-only characters

What's next? Dr. Mario World including Doctors Milli Vanilli from the DiC cartoon? Cats and Dogs playing together? Mass Hysteria!

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Side note but why did no one tell me this game has pure FIRE as OST? Like holy shit some of the remixes are mind blowing

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Looking back, it's still wild that Jessie and James chose to free their iconic Pokemon. Their Arbok and Weezing were just as memorable to me as them.

Imagine if Ash let go of his Pikachu permanently.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Looking back, it's still wild that Jessie and James chose to free their iconic Pokemon. Their Arbok and Weezing were just as memorable to me as them.

Imagine if Ash let go of his Pikachu permanently.

Agreed, but I guess when you have Meowth in the role as the team's mascot, it means you can have the rest of their roster much more flexible.

Then again, I'm one of those still salty that James lost his Victreebell.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how this mobile spin-off has voice acting yet the main games do not. Even just voice acting for some of the key characters in key scenes (E.G. Pierce during his battle as he "sings" how he's going to beat you) would do wonders for the mainline games.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's weird how this mobile spin-off has voice acting yet the main games do not. Even just voice acting for some of the key characters in key scenes (E.G. Pierce during his battle as he "sings" how he's going to beat you) would do wonders for the mainline games.
I mean the voice acting isn't exactly prime in this game. It's not what the text says, it's just a few generic phrases while the text says something different

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the voice acting isn't exactly prime in this game. It's not what the text says, it's just a few generic phrases while the text says something different

I still would like that in battles. Gutteral cries as you command your pokemon to attack.

...And then let us have a couple of voices for our player characters as well for online too. Don't worry, there's a voice slider that can be used if it turns out the voice acting is bad. (And I played Pokken, I know how bad the voice acting can get).