• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So now that we have most of the game leaked, anyone wanna make a metascore prediction?
I think the game will be decisive, for every around 90 "My dream pokemon game", we will see a 70 "This game has some cool ideas but is repetitive and is missing many favourite features", with a bunch of 80 "Great first steps in a new direction, but needs more" reviews in the middle.

So 80. 85 if I am to be optimistic, the hype and reception turn around we're seeing now could result in it being higher too.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I think Dialga looks better in-game, still funky but with the story explanation I accept it

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Need some New Pokémon Snap DLC with these new designs. I want to photograph H-Goodra peeking out of its shell, Ursaluna foraging for food, Basculegion leaping up waterfalls, H-Decidueye and H-Lilligant fighting each like "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon," etc.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
People somehow interpreted the statement that Volo would do anything for centuries to fulfill his goal as, acutally he's immortal and became Cynthia when its much more likely to be irony lol

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Watched some gameplay. Actually kinda excited now.

I don't think this will be amazing by any means. But it's a damn good start. I hope they continue with this style going forward.

Any word on if there are rare Pokémon that you can find hidden in the world?

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
I haven't watched any streams so I'm out of the loop on this mechanic. Can we still access our boxed pokemon (from pastures) anywhere, or do you have to return to Jubilife to change your team?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
story spoiler

dv0cne47quc81.jpg

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
You get the Azure flute but when you play it and you haven't got a full pokedex first you get a text on the Arc Phone telling you that you need to 'seek them all' first. I assume that means you don't need to catch but not sure.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've got my team figured out.

Decidueye
Overqwil (I love Qwillfish and have wanted an evolution for it for years)
Ursaluna (I've never been a huge fan of Ursaring, but I love Teddiursa. This is finally a final evo for the line that I can get behind.)
Basculegion
Braviary
Electivire

Pawprii

Banned
May 30, 2021
You get the Azure flute but when you play it and you haven't got a full pokedex first you get a text on the Arc Phone telling you that you need to 'seek them all' first. I assume that means you don't need to catch but not sure.
. Lol at Arceus texting you to catch all pokemon

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They aren't harder to get, they're just unaccessible for a lot of people.
That's completely fine, even preferable. Not all Pokémon should be available to all players. Red players don't have access to Sandshrew and Blue players can't catch Electabuzz. Players only get one starter, originally only one Eeveelution, only one of the fossil Pokémon. No one gets mythical Pokémon without some bullshit usually.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Any word on if there are rare Pokémon hidden around the world?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Exactly! And they are now behind a paywall, unless you know someone that plays the game that is willing to meet you.
I know that TPC are aware of this given how they treated Trade evos in SWSH(all catchable in the wild) and version exclusives too(raid events gave you access to other version exclusives even without internet)

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
On another note, I like the focus on catching and exploring in this game, as someone that does not care for the battling aspects at all (outside of story and league), I hope this becomes the subseries with this gameplay loop. Cut the moves and make them more unique and add more Pokémon.
Have the core series continue with turn based games and competitive battling.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
I know that TPC are aware of this given how they treated Trade evos in SWSH(all catchable in the wild) and version exclusives too(raid events gave you access to other version exclusives even without internet)

I was not aware of this! That's amazing; I dropped SWSH pretty fast after finishing the story and getting the galar mons, so seeing them actually addressing the issue is great!

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
So humanity is no longer confused how to use the item. Bless Masuda.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I wish we didn't have such a bad first impression of some of the mons, because now people are shitting on some of them that really don't deserve it

Status
Not open for further replies.