• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
GF considers it mainline. now whether it'll get a comic adaptation, who knows. the cartoon is only devoting 4 episodes to it, and it won't even be on tv
I figured if anything they put it on Amazon because they wanted more people to watch it, but I've no idea what the adoption/usage rate of Prime is in Japan.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I"ve been saying for ages that Pokémon games would benefit a lot from a very basic form of platforming to make the world feel more alive instead of a plain environment that becomes a checklist. Hopefully PLA will make this a reality with the hinted climbing mechanic.

Speaking of platforms, I've been saying for ages that they should do an actual Pokémon platform game. Mystery Dungeon kind of story, but with a Super Mario kind of gameplay. Well, basically Super Mario Bros. meets Pokémon.

That could go on to become its own subseries in the franchise, and could potentially take the role of being the yearly Pokémon game, produced by a different studio, while Game Freak takes more time to do the actual next mainline games.

We really need more Pokémon spin-off's that really feel like actual games that could become its own franchise, and receive almost the same attention as the mainline games, just like how Mario has the platform games, Mario Kart, Mario Party, the sports games, maybe even Super Smash if we count it like a Mario game, etc.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Actually if I'm not mistaken that's how they designed many of the Unova Pokémon according to some interviews
A handful, like Basculin. Or where they could justify some adjustments, like Stunfisk (Water originally, then Ground). The point was that naturally concepts are going to be driving most designs. Artists pitch Pokémon concepts alongside of the game designers, and if the team likes it, scrapping it just because there's some minor type overlap would be silly.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm wondering about with the starters is if the hisuan form evo rumours are true, is there's going to be a specific item or method involved in branching them off to their third stage hisuan form evo, with the option to get the original via conventional leveling.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like it's gonna feel great when in the post-game an alpha pokemon tries to start shit and you just whip out God on them

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of platforms, I've been saying for ages that they should do an actual Pokémon platform game. Mystery Dungeon kind of story, but with a Super Mario kind of gameplay. Well, basically Super Mario Bros. meets Pokémon.

That could go on to become its own subseries in the franchise, and could potentially take the role of being the yearly Pokémon game, produced by a different studio, while Game Freak takes more time to do the actual next mainline games.

We really need more Pokémon spin-off's that really feel like actual games that could become its own franchise, and receive almost the same attention as the mainline games, just like how Mario has the platform games, Mario Kart, Mario Party, the sports games, maybe even Super Smash if we count it like a Mario game, etc.

Like this? :P

No, but seriously, just a fraction of that platforming focus on discovery and rewards to the player would go a long way in making the world feel more alive. I really hope they don't go from corridor nº 23 to barren open area nº 12.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
This week will be their last chance to get out new info before the game leaks somewhere and a trailer/previews would make sense here. We'll see I guess

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
As a lapsed Pokémon fan who didn't care for the recent "remakes" much at all, is Arceus going to be enough of a difference or improvement to bring me back in?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As a lapsed Pokémon fan who didn't care for the recent "remakes" much at all, is Arceus going to be enough of a difference or improvement to bring me back in?

It is very different, yes. It's more focused on exploring, capturing and researching Pokémon than fighting. But there is still fighting, of course, although they changed a couple of things (you can attack several times per turn in the right conditions and change the properties of attacks a bit).

In terms of improvement it's hard to tell until we actually get our hands on it. It's different, and whether it's better or not depends on personal preference, I'd assume.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It is very different, yes. It's more focused on exploring, capturing and researching Pokémon than fighting. But there is still fighting, of course, although they changed a couple of things (you can attack several times per turn in the right conditions and change the properties of attacks a bit).

In terms of improvement it's hard to tell until we actually get our hands on it. It's different, and whether it's better or not depends on personal preference, I'd assume.
Different might be enough for me. I'm just worn out by the old formula.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm really looking forward to previews/reviews, the combat system could be interesting but I need to know if the overall gameplay loop works. The world so far doesn't feel alive and seeing the npc standing there makes me suspicious.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Oh my bad, of course I noticed the roll to dodge attacks but I misunderstood their post as a new, specific battle mechanic when you send out your Pokémon, where evading attacks wouldn't be tied to the accuracy alone anymore. I feel stupid but yeah, I love the dodging mechanic and I think its animation is pretty good actually.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I ain't gonna lie tho I love this period before release and everyone is cashing out on their fakes while they still can

Oh my bad, of course I noticed the roll to dodge attacks but I misunderstood their post as a new, specific battle mechanic when you send out your Pokémon, where evading attacks wouldn't be tied to the accuracy alone anymore. I feel stupid but yeah, I love the dodging mechanic and I think its animation is pretty good actually.
Maybe someone here can point you to the clip, but I think we've actually seen the trainer take damage in battle? Something to that effect, might of just been a reaction

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I ain't gonna lie tho I love this period before release and everyone is cashing out on their fakes while they still can

Maybe someone here can point you to the clip, but I think we've actually seen the trainer take damage in battle? Something to that effect, might of just been a reaction
Oh? That could be interesting. I'm curious about what happens around you when you're battling another Pokémon, like do you still see other roaming Pokémon in the wild?
The more I think about it, the more I have questions but that's part of the hype. Can't wait.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Seriously its really weird how the NA pokemon twitter doesn't even have a PLA twitter header. They have to be planning that around a trailer or something this week right? Otherwise its baffling how little they are doing compared to the JP side in an already close to the chest reveal season

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw something on /vp/ about the game having a Legend difficulty

Can't post the picture right not though

Edit : changed the wording of my post.. sorry..

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Would Arceus be too powerful if they introduced Dual-type plates?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
No.

I wanna get upset at leaks that don't turn out real then blame Gamefreak for it because it's their fault >:) I choose violence

monster-gingerbread-man.gif

Seriously though, unfortunately there are people who are just like that and when I point it out to them I get told I'm "ruining fun".

I've had some Youtubers say they're afraid of posting some content in case I go off at them. Like...good? If you're going to lie to people, I'm glad I've stopped you

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say yes. Unless it's only specific combinations and not being able to completely pick and choose dual types
even if it was just a few specific ones it would make Arceus even more flexible and unpredictable, if they did it would probably have to be some dual types with significant drawbacks like strong weaknesses.
monster-gingerbread-man.gif

Seriously though, unfortunately there are people who are just like that and when I point it out to them I get told I'm "ruining fun".

I've had some Youtubers say they're afraid of posting some content in case I go off at them. Like...good? If you're going to lie to people, I'm glad I've stopped you
the perks of being the owner of the biggest pokemon site going

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I personally can't wait for all the shiny fails as Pokémon fly away, run away or just knock you straight out

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

We have this clip that shows the trainer "React" to an attack (More than the pokemon in question which is still an odd decision)

giphy.gif

No indication if they actually took damage because of this though.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oh my god i wonder if Pokemon will "disappear" if they run off/get out of render distance or could you just chase a shiny Hisuian Growlithe across the entire region? lmfao

On the Preorder bonuses....all the US ones really suck. If im not mistaken right now we've only got two; Amazon US has the Garchomp kimono and Pokemon Center US has the Arceus sitting cutie plush. I don't think we've heard anything else yet, right?

Presumably Gamestop will get a poster of some sort, Best Buy *may* get the steelbook. I was pretty surprised Target/Walmart actually had some for BDSP even if they were kind of junky

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I personally can't wait for all the shiny fails as Pokémon fly away, run away or just knock you straight out
I've seen some rage during shiny hunts

oh this will be delicious
yYPWbY.gif

Oh my god i wonder if Pokemon will "disappear" if they run off/get out of render distance or could you just chase a shiny Hisuian Growlithe across the entire region? lmfao
Probably. That's how a lot of these games do it. At least in SMT V, if a demon runs away after a certain distance it just disappears and a new one spawns somewhere nearby

Status
Not open for further replies.