• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
What are your sales expectations regaring Legends? Will it sell on par to a mainline game, on par to a Remake game or lower than these?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
What are your sales expectations regaring Legends? Will it sell on par to a mainline game, on par to a Remake game or lower than these?

I really hope it sells more than BDSP.

People who usually buy both versions could buy this twice too, digital and physical, or maybe two physical copies and keep one sealed. Just saying.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think 10-13 million.

There's minimal chance it'll reach the heights of a new gen game. Whether it'll beat a remake is unclear

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be less front loaded but will end up having stronger legs than most mainline games because of how unique it is. It won't stop selling when a new gen comes, it might actually see an increase. If word of mouth is good and streamers take interest in the game like they do with BotW or MH, it could have huge legs.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I think its a very hard guess to estimate sales. It will highly depend on how good the game will be rated and how the mechanics are received by customers. I think anything between 5 and 20 Mio. units can be possible here.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I really prefer to not know too much before the game releases, especially this one. Kind of how Nintendo didn't show too much of BotW before the release.
I think we know pretty much all the essential stuff regarding the gameplay loop, overall design etc?
I just hope there's a lot of unshown content so it doesn't have too much of that "oh yeah I've already seen that in a trailer" feeling during the whole game.

To be honest, I haven't been that excited for a main Pokémon game since Gen 5, which means a lot.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I'm honestly super excited for this. Especially seeing the combat gifs a few pages back really made me realize how much better this looks than SwSh combat. I really hope they can nail the gameplay loop on this, what with how big of a departure it is. That's my biggest concern rn I think.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think we know pretty much all the essential stuff regarding the gameplay loop, overall design etc?

I feel we barely know anything about the gameplay loop. We know there are survey missions where we have to battle/catch Pokémon, and there are boss fights with action mechanics, but other than that we don't know anything.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I feel we barely know anything about the gameplay loop. We know there are survey missions where we have to battle/catch Pokémon, and there are boss fights with action mechanics, but other than that we don't know anything.
The fact we know so little is making it hard for me to prepare content structure on the site haha

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hoping this one is good, I know almost nothing about the game apart from the first trailer and a couple new Pokemon reveals. The zoned large areas seems like a good idea, it'll be interesting to see what ends up being liked with these games and if anything gets carried over into the next set of games, for gen 9.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I have to imagine if not this week, then next week we get a big blowout trailer and a bunch of previews

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
It does feel like, unfortunately, Legends will sell less than BDSP. This is why we can't have nice things. We don't deserve them.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
"It seems that certain influencers will have the preview of Pokemon Legends: Arceus at (by?) the end of the week. Excited to see what it'll give us."

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I definitely think this game will sell less. Sure, the big media blowout hasn't happened yet, but I was surprised over the holidays when my girlfriend's little brother, who loves Pokemon along with all his little friends in school, had never heard of Legends until I brought it up when I saw him play Shining Pearl.

A lot of more casual people are probably still playing the remakes and don't expect another game (and something as major as what Legends seems to be) to come out so soon after the holidays. It'll definitely sell well over time though if the reviews are good

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I think a trailer Wednesday or Thursday is possible given that previews are at the end of the week, they'd probably want to get some more info out before a preview of the game

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
nglgt8hw2p981.jpg

looks like the previews are actually releasing this week

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That makes me think we will get a trailer this week, it makes sense to release a trailer before embargo releases

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to more info. I really want this to be a fresh Pokémon experience. Doesn't have to be world changing. Pokémon with some MH mechanics would be fine

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really prefer to not know too much before the game releases, especially this one. Kind of how Nintendo didn't show too much of BotW before the release.
I just hope there's a lot of unshown content so it doesn't have too much of that "oh yeah I've already seen that in a trailer" feeling during the whole game.

To be honest, I haven't been that excited for a main Pokémon game since Gen 5, which means a lot.
Some people still don't realize this game isn't even open world, so nah they haven't been clear on the gameplay loop/progression. There have been a lot of Monster Hunter comparisons, but we still don't know how accurate that is. Is the game mission based like MH where you complete the mission and return to base, or is it merely zone based and we can explore open areas that are merely segmented? Hard to say.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Hope the game is not similar to monster hunter. Do not like that saga. Hope it is something more similar to a not fully open world skyrim, Botw or xenoblade…

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some people still don't realize this game isn't even open world, so nah they haven't been clear on the gameplay loop/progression. There have been a lot of Monster Hunter comparisons, but we still don't know how accurate that is. Is the game mission based like MH where you complete the mission and return to base, or is it merely zone based and we can explore open areas that are merely segmented? Hard to say.

I still want to know how the EXP Curve is being handled in this game. If Stats are being modified, maybe they can finally adjust the EXP required per level to accommodate for the new EXP Share so you don't end up 10 levels over every other pokemon midway through the game.

jankuza

Jan 13, 2021
I think the Monster Hunter Comparison is even more wrong than the BotW Comparisons.

Monster Hunter is a Limited Time Quest Based (one at a time) Game that sends you from a hub to a segmented Area. It meant to played in2-4 Player Co-Op. Something that Legends doesn't feature.

So the only similar thing I see between the two Games, Is that you take quest in a Hubtown and then choose the area where you start. The Quests that you choose doesn't seem to be time limited it also appears as could you do more than one Quests at the Same Time including Sidequests. It doesn't look like that you are being teleported back to the hub when you completed your mission.

The Only thing we know is that it is not fully open world. It seems to be five big areas. And it's not clear if they are complety separated or If you can go from one area to another If the Progression allow it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.