• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So any thoughts on a potential trailer this upcoming week? On one hand they might want to avoid it because of TGA being this week, on the other hand this seems like a good week to start up marketing for a late Jan release so I am conflicted

Deleted member101505

User-requested account closure
Banned
Aug 18, 2021

Don't like the way they phrase things lately when it comes to describing the gameplay. Atleast when they did their teases with the images it was kind of fun but lately it's just been meh hearing them repeat the same general idea.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

Don't like the way they phrase things lately when it comes to describing the gameplay. Atleast when they did their teases with the images it was kind of fun but lately it's just been meh hearing them repeat the same general idea.

He also says shinies appear on the overworld (even though it's a given since there's no battle transitions). That alone is gonna make this the most fun game to shiny hunt in, just open areas you can take a stroll in an look for shinies 😭 a dream come true

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're taking open world conventions and putting them together with pokemon. The moment to moment gameplay (as in what are you doing when not engaging pokemon( will be interesting to see

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Sounds like the rumor mill is saying that one of the new pokemon will be a 4th force of nature, not sure if it will turn out true, but would be interesting to add a new one maybe with a Therian form reminiscent of Genbu

And honestly the gameplay stuff this guy is spouting does sound fairly interesting to me, but it also sounds mad suspicious. This guy's entire deal is translating info from the riddler and he would have no way to play the game. Also the fact that he has literally not mentioned anything about the new stat system or battle system at all is also suspicious. Gonna hold off on believing anything that isn't something about a potential new mon from him for now until the next trailer has something that corroborates any of his gameplay stuff because him having somehow already played the full game makes literally no sense

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Sounds like the rumor mill is saying that one of the new pokemon will be a 4th force of nature, not sure if it will turn out true, but would be interesting to add a new one maybe with a Therian form reminiscent of Genbu

And honestly the gameplay stuff this guy is spouting does sound fairly interesting to me, but it also sounds mad suspicious. This guy's entire deal is translating info from the riddler and he would have no way to play the game. Also the fact that he has literally not mentioned anything about the new stat system or battle system at all is also suspicious. Gonna hold off on believing anything that isn't something about a potential new mon from him for now until the next trailer has something that corroborates any of his gameplay stuff because him having somehow already played the full game makes literally no sense

What is the 4th force of nature are we discussing about? Gravity, electromagnetics, strong nuclear forces, or weak nuclear forces?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kind of feel this game is gonna have some Pokémon Go influence from the sound of it with repeating tasks, minus the true portability and long term usage.

Addictive but prone to getting stale. Basically like how in Go you get missions on Pokémon Community days to catch a ton of the same Pokémon, kind of feels like it'll be like that. Not sure how I feel.

I'm not a huge multi-player dude so that doesn't bother me.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I don't think shiny pokemon was ever in doubt, its one of the things that keeps people engaged with pokemon for so long. Shiny hunting is mad popular

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since shiny hunting is already a popular streaming topic, shiny hunting with full exploration could potentially consume a lot more time

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the combo of "Limited amount of held items you can hold" alongside "We expect you to capture about 15 of the same pokemon species to complete your dex".

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this game is gonna be super popular with Go players but "traditional" fans are gonna balk at it outside of a few fun gimmicks like riding Pokemon

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I feel like this game is gonna be super popular with Go players but "traditional" fans are gonna balk at it outside of a few fun gimmicks like riding Pokemon
I mean the game still has the core pokemon combat alongside action elements, its just this guy that supposedly played the game is ignoring the biggest fundamental change to the pokemon battle system ever(again making me doubt the validility of most of his statements related to having played the game)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we know so little about the moment to moment gameplay, I think it's way too soon to judge who'd like this game. if this is as story focused as I hope, I don't see why Go players would care about this

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The gameplay pattern just feel Go-ish...

Maybe cuz one of the previews focused on showing the screen of catching a bunch of Shinx and that's basically what November's Pokémon Go Community Day basically was lol.

I'm positive about the game mind...

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Speaking of knowing more about the moment to moment gameplay, anyone expecting a trailer this week, or are we thinking later in the month is more likely?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was an uploaded space on the YT channel last week so everyone was thinking then but that didn't happen.

Modern Pokémon reveals are weird now though so who knows. I miss the days of logging onto 4chan the middle of the month where Corocoro leaked new Pokemon tbh.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
There was an uploaded space on the YT channel last week so everyone was thinking then but that didn't happen.

Modern Pokémon reveals are weird now though so who knows. I miss the days of logging onto 4chan the middle of the month where Corocoro leaked new Pokemon tbh.
man the corocoro days were great, especially before /vp/ became what it is now lmao. The sun and moon reveal cycle was amazing. But I guess they got a lot of complaints about how much of the game they revealed pre-release so they tend to be more tight lipped with new stuff nowadays

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah I liked Zarude brought it back.

I remember the Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Weavile shadows, the Chatot, Buizel, and Mantyke shadows, and of course the infamous Lucario where Corocoro editorialized by speculating if it was a Fusion of Mew and Blaziken.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Oh yeah I liked Zarude brought it back.

I remember the Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Weavile shadows, the Chatot, Buizel, and Mantyke shadows, and of course the infamous Lucario where Corocoro editorialized by speculating if it was a Fusion of Mew and Blaziken.
Sun and Moon was the end of the corocoro era sadly, especially with the increasing globalization of pokemon, exclusive reveals for a japanese magazine just isn't feasible anymore, but it was fun while it lasted

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
The gameplay pattern just feel Go-ish...

Maybe cuz one of the previews focused on showing the screen of catching a bunch of Shinx and that's basically what November's Pokémon Go Community Day basically was lol.

I'm positive about the game mind...

We've seen that it doesn't take many encounters with a Pokemon for the game to consider the Pokedex entry complete "enough" for story progression. Like it only took like 6-7 encounters for one of the pages to be at a high enough completion level, including only capturing it twice or so. 100% dex completion for each Pokemon is probably completely optional.

I do wonder what rewards there are, if any, for 100% entries. Increased shiny chances seems like a good possibility.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We had a new subdomain crop up this morning

"hisui-research.pokemon.co.jp"

Currently 403s. Think we're getting news this week (and no it won't be in TGA)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember the Oshawott silhoutte predictions. Heck we even had one recently with Zarude with some pretty funny guesses(the jynx evo sticks out in my mind and the acorn on head for Oshawott)

I dunno if it was made around G5 time or after the fact but it Acorn Head still makes me laugh.

tumblr_mix9mk5DD61r0rie8o1_500.png

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
If true, it's 100% going to be blizzard-themed (Ice/Flying), with probably a Yeti-style snow ape Therian forme, perhaps female, drawing inspiration from Yuki-onna.
It's rumored to be Fairy/Flying. Also, I recall that among the rumors were mentions of a new Ultra Beast or current UBs being present in PLA. Is that still true?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
It's rumored to be Fairy/Flying. Also, I recall that among the rumors were mentions of a new Ultra Beast or current UBs being present in PLA. Is that still true?
I would love if they explicitly explained the relation between Ultra Space and Wormholes to the creation trio and Arceus since they hinted at it in SM

Deleted member101505

User-requested account closure
Banned
Aug 18, 2021

Looks like they're gonna start posting more vaguely going forward over some drama. Super lame, but whatever.
Getting more excited for the game. Less than two months away \o/

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

Looks like they're gonna start posting more vaguely going forward over some drama. Super lame, but whatever.
Getting more excited for the game. Less than two months away \o/

This guy is a huge attention seeker, outside of the riddles which are legit I honestly wouldn't trust much he says anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.