• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it has to happen otherwise the starters they chose for this are just random af,

They aren't random, Samurott is a samurai and Decidueye is an archer, so they go along with the feudal Japan theme. As for Typhlosion, the fact that they chose him instead of Charizard makes me think there will be a regional variant that will give him some sort of warrior motif.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They aren't random, Samurott is a samurai and Decidueye is an archer, so they go along with the feudal Japan theme. As for Typhlosion, the fact that they chose him instead of Charizard makes me think there will be a regional variant that will give him some sort of warrior motif.

I know they already got stuff going on in terms of theming, but it'll still feel really weird if they don't go all in on said theming with regional evolutions for each of them

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Typhlosion might just represent like how Japan used gunpowder in warfare and such.

Be hilarious if he got a Fire/Fighting Regional.

Samurott totally will be Water/Ice, we're in a cold region and that's such a duh combination...though we also have Walrein appearing and maybe that overlaps?

Since Decidueye is based on an extinct owl and this is the past, I think maybe his Regional will just keep him Grass/Flying which would be neat.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Daimyo Typhlosion, with his fire collar forming the shogunate sash and his fur flared out to resemble robes:

20210819_153123hmk3o.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the idea of Daimyo Typhlosion but I actually would like to see him take the appearance of one of those rugged, Japanese bandits with like a sash of fire he keeps explosive bombs (but spiky balls of fur) in and tosses them out.

Like give him a rugged fiery sideburns.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was about to say there was an episode in Johto where Typhlosion even competed in a sumo match but that was actually Feraligatr.

(as Typhlosion didn't appear till Hoenn in the main show)

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks good and I like the art style but the game looks pretty bad graphically. Hope it looks much better in motion when you're playing.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm praying for forms but we might get nothing idk
Idk I think overall its going to be roughly 20 new pokemon/forms. Not too many as its not a new gen, but more than any other non new generation game. I do think its weird how we have not seen Dewott/Samurott, Dartrix/Decidueye. and Quilava/Typhlosion yet, so I do think there is definitely a reason to believe in new forms, but nothing solid yet

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I really hope third form, at least, of starters will be special. Maybe in line with the historical settings. I wouldn't mind the water type being a bipedal samouraï...

Apr 26, 2020
the way how they show the map screen with difined areas, like the Obisidian Fields and those base camps makes me wonder. What if instead of 1 openworld, the region is split up in multiple smaller ''open worlds'' and when you leave Jubilife village you choose one of them for an ''expedition'' , sort of like Monster Hunter

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Have they shown how Pokemon storage works yet? Like... I mean... are there going to be steampunk computers holding everything for us?

I guess the easy answer is that we can only swap Pokemon from the main hub, and they're just kept in literal storage boxes or shelves until we pick them up again.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I assume we'll get it to tide us over until Gen 9 in 2023
I hope so, it would be a perfect filler for holiday 2022 instead of another game

They did it for Sword and Shield. So some extra Islands or content will be there for sure connected with a DLC.

I am also fine to have a "Sims Add-On" setup here. Able to access many more regions and pokemon with buying all DLCs. I would pay it.
Cool, so it's not just me thinking that there may be opportunities to pay for DLCs.

A Simulation Mode DLC would be way too wild for me to believe.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So we know that Arceus is going to get Home support. Do you think that they will eventually enable the Legends exclusive pokemon to transfer into SWSH, since those will be the main VGC games for the gen and it will allow those pokemon to be useable in competitive or do you think they will need to wait until Gen 9 for a competitive debut?

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
One thing that I hope is that between BD/SP and Legends, they help make sense and background of all of these legendary pokemon. There's Regigas, Shaymin, Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie, Dialga/Palkai, Giratina, Darkrai, Cresselia, Heatran, and Arceus. Hopefully Legends also includes some interesting background info for Pokemon other than Arceus.

Edit: Forgot Manaphy and Phione.

Last edited:

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
One thing that I hope is that between BD/SP and Legends, they help make sense and background of all of these legendary pokemon. There's Regigas, Shaymin, Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie, Dialga/Palkai, Giratina, Darkrai, Cresselia, Heatran, and Arceus. Hopefully Legends also includes some interesting background info for Pokemon other than Arceus.
Ohhh, maybe a tie-in with Cyrus from the future?

Diamond/Pearl is the only generation where the evil organization leader was able to succeed in obtaining his ideal goals.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am also fine to have a "Sims Add-On" setup here. Able to access many more regions and pokemon with buying all DLCs. I would pay it.
Doing other regions would be a whole new $60 game

So we know that Arceus is going to get Home support. Do you think that they will eventually enable the Legends exclusive pokemon to transfer into SWSH, since those will be the main VGC games for the gen and it will allow those pokemon to be useable in competitive or do you think they will need to wait until Gen 9 for a competitive debut?
I'm expecting SS to have Hisuian mons for the 2022 season. Maybe more if there's DLC for Legends

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, it will be fun to use Hisuian forms in future titles, the thought to be able to bring extinct forms and Pokémon "through space and time" (with Home) is quite entertaining, hope they get to keep their fancy old pokéballs.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Heh, it will be fun to use Hisuian forms in future titles, the thought to be able to bring extinct forms and Pokémon "through space and time" (with Home) is quite entertaining, hope they get to keep their fancy old pokéballs.
mlRAtwy.png

Maybe they'll tie it into BDSP lore affecting Legend's Arceus? Leaving a space where you can send your beloved Pokémon into the unknown.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Also, have people who are complaining about the draw distance for Pokémon models actually watched the trailer? It shows Pokémon showing up at much bigger distances than SwSh, there's no comparison.

image.png
image.png

image.png

It might not be as far as BotW goes, but it's far enough that it definitely won't be an issue.

I will gladly take reduced graphical fidelity if it means Pokemon won't be popping up into existence 5 feet in front of me like in Sword and Shield.