• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoy the look of the new Pokemon, Growlithe is my favorite I'd say but it's really cool to have a Stantler evolution too.

Also yeah echoing the sentiments that this game seems to be doing a lot of things that Monster Hunter does.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man if this is MH inspired they have better significantly ramped up the difficulty because I can't imagine this being compelling if it holds true to most modern pokemon stuff.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the changes to the formula look promising. Pity the world art can't quite keep up... Not quite botw tier. Still... Interesting

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
That looked surprisingly good. I'm still not getting it day one but I have higher hopes for L:A now.

The new Growlithe form is adorable.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
The trailer is definitely super evocative of BotW's trailer, but the actual game looks like Monster Hunter.

The gameplay looks like a lot of fun! I find the world and setting kinda uninspired, but maybe there will be more magical areas they haven't shown.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, theory here.

They confirm that Kamado is the ancestor of Rowan on the website.

story_commander_1.png

It is probably safe to assume that Cyllene is Cyrus' Ancestor.

story_captain_1.png

That leaves Laventon who, doesn't seem to align with anyone specifically in Diamond and Pearl.

story_professor_1.png

But those trousers and that facial hair remind me of someone else...

250px-Sword_Shield_Leon.png

Perhaps?
Honestly? I'd buy it. This is still generation 8, and they're still trying to make Leon as important as possible still.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of everything else, this is such a monumental leap for a Pokémon game. It completely revamped everything from top to bottom.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The graphics are certainly something. This doesn't mean the game sucks, just that I expected more of the company behind a multi-million dollar franchise, given BotW managed to do better graphically and it's 4 years old by this point. I will wait for more info before making a purchase, and likewise for BDSP.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Legitimately shocked at how much better this looks than the original trailer. It's a leap to the extent that I have doubts this was running on a Switch; the previous showing must have been very early if that was the best they could get. I don't really understand the graphical criticisms; obviously it's not going for realism, but the Pokémon looked nice and the frame rate seemed good.

Regardless, not sure that this game is for me. I think Sword and Shield felt kind of content light as it was, and I doubt this will be as full featured. Will most likely skip this.

Jul 20, 2020
This just makes me wish that the pokemon license was in the hands of a more capable developer. It looks like where pokemon should have been 5 years ago and the open world will feel outdated and barren. I wish the game went with the cartoony art style shown in the end.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This looks exactly like what Pokemon needed to win me back.

I completely lost interest in the franchise after they removed the national Dex (the thing I played to complete) and gave jackshit in return.

This not only justifies a more limited Pokemon selection in concept and ambition, but looks like a dream pokemon game.

This is what I expected of Pokémon on Switch and what I knew could be done. SW/SH were absolute mediocrity but this looks like there's some actual ambition and desire to finally push the franchise forward.

The absolute lack of Gen 1 wanking in these trailers is also very refreshing.

With that said, it's a bit underwhelming visually, but hardly s deal breaker.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
nintendoeverything.com

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, Pokemon Legends: Arceus file sizes

File sizes are in for the major games featured during today’s Pokemon Presents broadcast. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl are 10GB a piece. If you opt for the double pack, that’s naturally 20GB. We also now know that Pokemon Legends: Arceus is 13GB. All of these games can be...

Pokémon Legends: Arceus is 13 GB.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw some jaggyness and and the animations are rough but overall it looks better. Now I'm just worried about how it will look in portable mode.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It didn't look like the areas were separate... It seemed a bit like a fusion of those two game structures, with an actually fully open world but missions structured similarly to MH.

Is there any confirmation that the areas are separate from each other?
Lady Cyrus says "Survey and research the Pokemon in the areas you currently have access to" which implies you have to unlock areas
youtu.be

Pokémon Presents | 8.18.21

The latest news about Pokémon games and apps! Featuring announcements for: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Poké...

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer on the other hand definitely confirmed to me that, while it is a mainline game, is not going to shape the entire future of mainline Pokémon. It's too different. It's going for a free roam Monster Hunter style progression and I have a hard time seeing it apply to the typical Pokémon trainers -> gym -> pokedex formula.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Game's looking rife with potential, enough that it'll be the first Pokemon I've bought on the Switch.

The gameplay in particular seems interesting. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely wary, given that GameFreak's single player balancing in Pokemon has been laughably horrendous, especially lately.

e.g. the Strong/Agile split could make for more dynamic and fun battles — but not if we're still just literally 1-shotting everything with overleveled teams. Really hope they surprise me with a modicum of balance here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Lady Cyrus says "Survey and research the Pokemon in the areas you currently have access to" which implies you have to unlock areas
youtu.be

Pokémon Presents | 8.18.21

The latest news about Pokémon games and apps! Featuring announcements for: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Poké...

Ah I missed that "you currently have access to" bit.

Interesting. All of the marketing so far suggests this is fully open world. But the description seems to suggest segmented zones. They should probably clarify this sooner rather than later.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, theory here.

They confirm that Kamado is the ancestor of Rowan on the website.

story_commander_1.png

It is probably safe to assume that Cyllene is Cyrus' Ancestor.

story_captain_1.png

That leaves Laventon who, doesn't seem to align with anyone specifically in Diamond and Pearl.

story_professor_1.png

But those trousers and that facial hair remind me of someone else...

250px-Sword_Shield_Leon.png

Perhaps?
That last guy reminds me of Charon from Platinim body wise

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Looks pretty good to me. At least they are trying to spice up the gameplay.

My only worry is there will only be that one town in the entire game.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, just makes me want to see a Capcom developed Pokemon monster hunter-esque, like this game looks to be.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Interesting. All of the marketing so far suggests this is fully open world. But the description seems to suggest segmented zones. They should probably clarify this sooner rather than later.
You can have an open world where zones get unlocked over time. Some Rockstar games do that and no one would disagree that the likes of GTA are open world.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a lot better than when we last saw it, and in general appears to be a huge leap forward for the series. Definitely very interested in this, which is not something I've been able to say about Pokemon in a long time.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You can have an open world where zones get unlocked over time. Some Rockstar games do that and no one would disagree that the likes of GTA are open world.

Right, I feel like that's a possibility too. The issue is that we currently don't know. But the vast majority of people in these threads talking about it are under the impression that it's fully open world, which is what the trailers themselves quite clearly suggest.

Hopefully that marketing doesn't backfire if it is actually segmented zones.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

The website also makes mention of unlocking new areas by filling out your Pokedex

Maybe it'll serve as both eventually though if we unlock some sort of free roam through areas we already have access to

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
On one hand, it looks better than the first showing.

On the other hand, that says more about the first trailer than this.