• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

raeaburame

May 9, 2019
Going to be a good game and nice evolution of franchise that stans will hate as they switch up on sword and shield

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is going to be a Cross-Gen launch title with whatever new system they might be working on.

Dec 3, 2018
Guys it was NOT a stream lmao
It was a premier yt upload, that lets fans talk live during a video and watch it together.
But YT has a no kids policy, which stops people from commenting on certain videos.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm really into the idea/scope, but it looks rough as hell. Still, there's time to improve.

The Switch Pro better come soon.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
This... actually looks kind of of cool. Also why is there a dodge roll for the Pokemon trainer lmao

I figured framrate was an issue with the stream, mine kept buffering every five seconds (while insisting that it was still live, even after a refresh) and ended early, but maybe that's just what it is? At least it's a year out.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Just as prophesied

This opens up Pokémon setting possibilities wide open. Let's go ancient Egypt pokémon with anubis-style Lucario and a pre-mummification Cofagrigus

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
This game has Age of Calamity syndrome, except it doesn't look nearly as nice as AOC so there's less of an excuse. Still is a good concept though.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I guses this will be the start of a new series. I wonder if there will be old versions of other regions as well. Interesting from a lore perspective

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very very cool. Hoping it runs well on the switch, that's the only thing that scares me at this point.

Great starter selection, too. Cyndaquil needs more love!

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is prerelease footage but those framerates looked dire
What was that, like in the teens? And some of the Pokémon were literally running at low single digits
Obviously this is still a ways out but I don't really trust Game Freak in any technical regard

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Gameplay seems kinda light on content just running around throwing balls. Not sure what the quests and game structure would be. Interesting at least.

That's a nice render of Cyndaquil...so I'm in.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Well, its not the prettiest game, and performance was...ouch, but hey this is basically everything kid me dreamed Pokemon would be, so I'm totally in

Interesting choice of starter Pokemon. Of course, it had to be three of my favorites and my choices in each of the gens they're from. This is going to be a tough choice...

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Call me a hater, but this shit looks rough as hell. Would rather them put all their dev into Gen 9 than whatever this is. And holy hell at those DP "remakes"

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This didn't look that good... I just don't see how this fits the franchise and it's anything other than a response to people who wanted Nintendo to turn all their franchises into BotW sequels.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
whew, looked hella bad.

felt like I was watching some tech demo on steam workshop with pokemon assets.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
This would've benefited a lot from the Switch Pro. Either that or GF simply needs longer dev cycles for ambitious projects like these. Honestly, given that a "spin-off" like this is actually being done by GF makes me a whole lot more interested.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited, a super interesting way to not go forward with new mons, but with new games. They're definitely learning more about what they can accomplish with the engine.

can't wait.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is what the people wanted I guess.

Pokemon still moving at like 5fps in the world though. Pretty jarring.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so in! This is what I hoped Sword & Shield would be. I hope they're going to work on that aliasing though.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
Definitely using the Sword and Shield engine based on the washed out textures.

However, if graphics were important to me in this series I would've stopped playing a while ago. Game looks interesting. A little barebones, but probably because they aren't showing everything. So I'm cautiously excited.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Visually it looks appalling but I'm still really excited. At last the series is moving away from the Game Boy design principles they have clung to for 25 years.

Now let us pray that with another year of work and a potential Switch Pro coming, it will look less hideous when it actually comes out. It's painful to watch such a huge franchise reveal a game full of terrible aliasing and frame drops.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
if they had pokeballs in the old times then what the fuck is a pokeball and how does it work?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
That framerate was ROUGH.

Everything is pointing at them having at Switch Pro available in 2022.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If BOTW can look as good as it does, there really isn't an excuse for the game to have a frame rate that bad and look rough once it releases. Cautiously optimistic but as I said before I would love to pick this up day one.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm excited, yet kinda puzzled.

I really don't know how to feel about these and the remakes being two different things. I'd love for the DP remakes look like Legends, and I hate that I'm complaining lol but yeah, it feels kind of frustrating because literally this is how I was imagining the remakes.

Now, obviously we're still yet to see what the adventure entails, but it seems to be heavily focused on catching. So I doubt we'll get gyms or Team Galactic or anything of that sorts, so I don't know, it feels weird lol

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I found this to be very boring, personally. Catching Pokémon looks bland as hell, and the fights not much better.

Hopefully it's more than one town, with giant barren fields.