• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Time to unleash that Switch Pro at the same time as Pokémon Legends, right Nintendo! :)
But I'm not too worried, there's still almost a year left for them to work on it.

Really interested in this, especially if they dig deep into Arceus lore.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game Freak with the "and I took that personally" dropkick on people who accused them of being lazy/unambitious

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
That looked ROUGH, but they have time to clean it up. However, GF track record with graphics doesn't inspire much confidence.

With that being said, #teamcyndaquil assemble!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It certainly looks a lot better than the Diamond and Pearl remakes and they have a whole year to make it look even better. I love the look of the ninja lady you can play as, too.

I'm rather optimistic and, hopefully, it's the start of a whole new franchise with different games exploring what makes legendary Pokémon so, well, legendary.

Sep 9, 2020
How the hell does it manage to look so bad resolution wise and also suffer from extreme framerate issues? Some of those Pokemon were animating at less than 5 fps it seemed.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Captura2.jpg
Had me worried there for a second.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Looks extremely promising. I won't judge clearly early footage, not expecting much graphics wise but curious how they fill out the world/what the journey looks like.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Abysmal stream performance, TPC should just let Nintendo handle everything game and announcement related....wtf.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it looks like what Falcom would do if told to make an Open World pokemon game and then given their usual Ys budget

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Looked ugly as sin but with a year to go, hopefully they can improve.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game was not ready to be shown, the graphics, resolution and frame rate were all ridiculously rough.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting and I'll probably be there day 2. They probably need help from the BOTW team though cause it looks a bit rough at the moment

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Not going to lie, getting Dynasty Warriors 9 vibes from this one.

Cool idea but they're going to need way longer than 12 months to polish this one.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very barren atm. Hope they can polish this up a lot over the next year.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're trying but it looks pretty bad no? Like worse than Sword and Shield. It reminds me of those shitty unreal fan games that people upload to youtube.
I'll buy it on launch, obviously.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Dear lord that looks rough. And it's releasing early next year? Eesh...

By trying to make a Breath of the Wild type game, it only highlights how far behind Game Freak really is.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The game seems more like a pilot for a Pokemon open world game without the pressure of it being a mainline title. Still interested though.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a step in the right direction (finally). You have my attention Gamefreak.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Dissapointed. Will have to see more updates to see what the game offers, but nothing really seems like a big step up for the series.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for Breath of the Pokemon. Ready for the formula to get disrupted in a big way. Was hoping the slow turn-based battles would be ditched for something brand new, but I'll take what I can get.

I concur with many other posters that it looks technically rough, but hoping that's b/c the game's super early/pre-alpha, etc.

People get really riled up when others say a game looks technically poor (lazy/bad dev rhetoric) but there's been a fairly undeniable performance problem with many Pokemon games since the DS/3DS, right?

Oct 27, 2017
Well I admit, it seems Gamefreak does have new ideas, but they really need to have someone else handle development
"Like IILC-"
Not them

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
Fantastic concept, but holy shit it looks bad. A complete disaster on a technical level. I really hope they can polish it a lot, but I have my doubts with Gamefreak. If you want to make game like that, you probably need another studio.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Why does this look so much worse than Breath of the Wild and that was a cross gen game that will be 5 years old when this Pokemon game comes out.