• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The real poor person tutorial is storing your Pokémon in PKHeX for free. You can even freely send them to previous generations, emulated games, and ROM hacks.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Kinda want to make a new thread but it astounds me how rampant the ad hominem attacks on people who play not just Pokemon, but any of the other games that have recently had quote-unquote "distasteful" news about them.

I'm not singling any one person out, nor am I saying everybody upset at the developer isn't at least somewhat justified but come on, they are some of the most toxic things to say around here and nobody seems to give a damn for some reason.
maybe you should use the report button instead

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Huh. I wonder why the switch app doesn't have the trading function... At the very least I hope they have better options to manage your pokemon in Home. Sort by dex number or something. Mass release function would be nice, too. Usually have 3 or so boxes full of the same pokemon after doing some iv breeding and having to release them one by one is way too slow.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I'm legit surprised there is even a free tier that has any functionality. It at least makes it so you can slowly but surely transfer your bank mons into future games
No, the free tier has no Bank connectivity. If you want to move your Pokemon from Bank to Home, you have to at least pay for a single month ($3).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I wonder why the switch app doesn't have the trading function... At the very least I hope they have better options to manage your pokemon in Home. Sort by dex number or something. Mass release function would be nice, too. Usually have 3 or so boxes full of the same pokemon after doing some iv breeding and having to release them one by one is way too slow.
Sorting options are shown in the screenshots we've seen with Dex number being the one we've seen.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Sorting options are shown in the screenshots we've seen with Dex number being the one we've seen.
Ah, nice. I didn't see any in the OP's screenshots but they all seem to be in japanese anyway.

Also, I know it's highly unlikely but here's hoping we'll be able to transfer our poke miles from bank to home. I must have a boatload of those stored up by now.

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
I like how people's expectations are that $15 is too much. This software doesn't write itself nor it's free to run.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
This is amazingly awful. Sure, there's a Free model, but they aren't even doing a free trial for HOME for Bank users to transfer? Just Bank for free for a month? God, how half-arsed.

But yeah, they took Pokemon Bank, tripled the price, and taped GTS to it (while making it useable on smartphones only, because why would any sane person use Switch for that). They get three bucks from me for a month once the DLC is complete (so I can transfer all compatible Pokemon for SwSh), and that's it. Yeah, I'll wait that long for the DLC to come out before doing any transferring. Bugger off with your tactics, Game Freak.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I like how this service means the people who don't care about battling don't have to pay for Nintendo Online. Some people will probably just bother to not sub anymore when they realize that.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if GO Pokemon will get the mark of shame that they got in the Let's Go games lol. (The G next to the name)

D0v11PRWsAYeOVT-1024x576.jpg

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now that i think about it, Go players with lots of pokemon might find this very attractive.
6000 extra slots for 16$ a year is pretty good, considering its 200 coins for 50 slots in go, up to a maximum of irc 3000.
You start with 250 slots, so reaching 3000 would cost the coin equivalent of 110$, which is enough for 6ish years of Home sub to get twice the storage.
Arent Go transfers a one way trip? Not sure what the incentive is for Go only players.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Those screenshots of the GTS are kind of misleading. No one asked for a Level 1 Dialga.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
$16.00/year isn't a very large amount of money, broadly speaking. As a price point for a subscription service, it's even on the low end. But at $11.00/year more than Pokemon Bank, this still feels like a very bad value. Bank already offered nearly unlimited storage, so what new features are actually making up that $11.00/year markup? Extra GTS slots and Pokemon in the wonder box? Hosting randomized trading rooms? The privilege of interacting with Pokemon Bank, which assumes you're already paying TPC the Bank subscription fee on top of the Home fee? This increase in price just doesn't seem merited.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Sir, do you have a moment to speak about the healing power ofTemtem?
but were pikachu at??
I am intrigued by the title but I also committed myself to the $30 SWSH DLC so I won't be dropping Pokemon this year, I will probably just hold off as long as possible on Home in hope that they improve it.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
User Banned (A week): Trolling; multiple bans for trolling and antagonising other members.
outrage is funny af, almost as funny as the outrage prior to the games launch saying swsh were going to be the lowest selling games with their n64 trees etc, lmaoooooooooooooooo

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
but were pikachu at??
I am intrigued by the title but I also committed myself to the $30 SWSH DLC so I won't be dropping Pokemon this year, I will probably just hold off as long as possible on Home in hope that they improve it.
Unless you really need the storage there's not much of a reason to pay over using the free version or a one month sub for transfer assuming you don't have anyone to do it for you.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll really locked the gts behind this huh. Also, that's quite the price hike coming off of Bank.

Edit: gts is free, thats good. Should have been in SwSh though.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I would imagine kids these are more likely to have access to a table or phone than a Switch lol.
I dont know, not from my experience, im sure there are kids who have their own phones or can borrow their parents ones but it's still another hurdle to use a function that should just be in the game to begin with, or at the very least in the switch version of the app.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, im sure there are kids who have their own phones or can borrow their parents ones but it's still another hurdle to use a function that should just be in the game to begin with, or at the very least in the switch version of the app.
Sure and I agree, but this is the first time I've ever seen that called a paywall lol.

I was expecting the two versions to have identical features. I'm not sure if it was a design choice, technical issues between Switch and mobile, or something else entirely.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Suppose not, its just extremely scummy tactics. They know people like us will buy the games no matter what awful bullshit they pull lol

And that's exactly why they pull this awful bullshit, to begin with. Pokemon fans tolerance to being exploited is literally non-existent.

Heck, most of the people who were actively involved in Dexit bought Sword and Shield which basically defeats the purpose of Dexit.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, not from my experience, im sure there are kids who have their own phones or can borrow their parents ones but it's still another hurdle to use a function that should just be in the game to begin with, or at the very least in the switch version of the app.
Trading in the Switch version of the app could require NSO as well, so that would be an even bigger hurdle for kids.
The reality is likely most kids are not that crazy about the GTS, though. Or even Bank/Home for that matter.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Switch Online isn't required for Home.
I know, I mean that if GTS or any trading feature was part of the Switch app, then it would cause it to require NSO.
It makes no sense to me to not have these features on the Switch app unless TPC is actively bypassing the NSO requirement because otherwise the message would be that Home requires NSO on top of its own subscription.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The Pokemon Company is the greediest, stingiest, most out of touch part of Nintendo. This all sounds terrible, but Ill still pay for it cause I'm a fucking idiot.
We have to pay for it otherwise our Pokemon will get deleted when they shut down Bank.

Considering it's a ransom situation, I'm surprised they aren't charging more lol

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I know, I mean that if GTS or any trading feature was part of the Switch app, then it would cause it to require NSO.
It makes no sense to me to not have these features on the Switch app unless TPC is actively bypassing the NSO requirement because otherwise the message would be that Home requires NSO on top of its own subscription.
That's possible and would make sense given how none of the features for the Switch version are online outside of the storage.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
We have to pay for it otherwise our Pokemon will get deleted when they shut down Bank.

Considering it's a ransom situation, I'm surprised they aren't charging more lol

But what happens to your Pokemon when you stop paying for Home? I haven't seen anything from TPC saying they will keep them indefinitely. Or even keep them at all.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Trading in the Switch version of the app could require NSO as well, so that would be an even bigger hurdle for kids.
The reality is likely most kids are not that crazy about the GTS, though. Or even Bank/Home for that matter.
Im not sure how a subscription is a bigger hurdle than seperate hardware. Either way, it's dumb we're at this point with this functionality.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
But what happens to your Pokemon when you stop paying for Home? I haven't seen anything from TPC saying they will keep them indefinitely. Or even keep them at all.
My Bank has lapsed before and I didn't lose everything (panic attack until I confirmed it though), so I have to hope that for 3x the price, Home won't delete you either.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
But what happens to your Pokemon when you stop paying for Home?
You probably just won't be able to remove them until you pay or something.

My Bank has lapsed before and I didn't lose everything (panic attack until I confirmed it though), so I have to hope that for 3x the price, Home won't delete you either.
I don't think anyone has actually had their Pokemon wiped from Bank due to a lapsed sub. They said there was a grace period, but it doesn't seem to have passed yet in the six years of release lol.