• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mameshiba

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing how the Pokemon games went from great value for your money to absurd cash grab in less than a decade.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
They made billions off of scamming Pokémon Go players with fucked up egg rates, shiny rates, and arbitrary evolution stones, so it was kind of inevitable that they'd try to profit off of the mainline too.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Can someone answer this because I'm a bit confused, I have a lot of Pokemon on X and Moon , am I required to buy Bank, just to then also get Home? Or can I go straight from X/Moon into Home?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone answer this because I'm a bit confused, I have a lot of Pokemon on X and Moon , am I required to buy Bank, just to then also get Home? Or can I go straight from X/Moon into Home?
You will need to go through Bank into HOME. They're providing Bank for free for a month when HOME releases, but after that you will need to pay for Bank.

You will also need to pay for HOME in order to transfer from Bank.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You will need to go through Bank into HOME. They're providing Bank for free for a month when HOME releases, but after that you will need to pay for Bank.

You will also need to pay for HOME in order to transfer from Bank.
At least it'll be free during that time. Guess I'll have to hurry up with it.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So are people still gonna argue that they didn't actively exclude GTS in the games for this.
Is it still time constraints.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing other Members across Multiple Posts
Once again, the Game Freak hate brigade starts again for something generally not worth getting angry about.

And it's from a bunch of people who probably haven't even played or planned on playing Sword and Shield in the first place, but still felt the need to say their piece.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
The only way they had to do to make 15 dollars fucking ok was toinclude a battle mode in pokemon home.

Game Freak dissapoints again.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, the Game Freak hate brigade starts again for something generally not worth getting angry about.

And it's from a bunch of people who probably haven't even played or planned on playing Sword and Shield in the first place, but still felt the need to say their piece.
I have like 400 hours in the game.
I bought the DLC already.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It has a free option despite them telling us earlier that we would have to pay. #GameFreakLied

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile the corporate bootlickers, many of whom also probably haven't played Sword and Shield, come out of the woodwork, try to dismiss any criticism (to varying degrees of legitimacy, admittedly) as 'entitled, toxic gamers', and continue to think the big corporation is their friend and are happy for the 'service' that is now being provided at an additional cost.

Thank goodness those corporate apologists are also here to 'speak their piece', and then never be seen from in the thread again.

Am I doing it right?

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Should have been included in NSO.

It would have been worth that price if it had a basic form of Pokémon amie or a battling function, but this is way too barebones for that price.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
The one way transfer Bank>Home is bullshit, I'm supposed to put a Pokémon in Home to complete the pokedex and then just leave it there, hoping for it to be added and usable again in a future game?
Why can't I put them back in Bank? Why can't Home just read the Bank Pokedex/save?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
So are people still gonna argue that they didn't actively exclude GTS in the games for this.
Is it still time constraints.
Nah, I'm sure it'll be some variant of "it was a design choice to free the GTS from the confines of a single game and make a true universal service that can be used on any device* totally for free**"
* any device being a smartphone
** restrictions apply

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I bought Shield but I can still be a little peeved that the GTS, a feature that was included in the DS and 3DS games, was removed so this app can get its $15 price tag.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

I've played every single main line game including SwSh, which I don't like. Pokemon Home is fucking ridiculous, from the price, to the contents, to that pathetic "free" tier.

Grow up, your post is embarrassing.

supervino256

Aug 14, 2019
I'd love to know the reasoning for splitting the features between a smartphone app and a switch app (in addition to the game).
Seriously, why do some dev persist thinking that companion apps are "cool" ?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

uhhh... no?

I actually enjoyed the game, but this whole thing feels not cool. Terrible value and the changes to the GTS are bad.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah gonna call bullshit on this. The ONLY way this makes sense/works is if this is the future proofed plan for pokemon trading between games to avoid compatibility issues in the future, but I don't trust Nintendo to stick with that (or more specifically Gamefreak) which is the problem.

The easiest conclusion is these features were pulled out of sword and shield to put it behind a pay wall, but for 15 bucks for 12 months, and hopefully future proofing it's not the "worst" idea for a franchise as steady going as Pokemon.

Pros
-Future proofed with Cell phones not going anywhere anytime soon
-can trade and stuff even when not playing the game and anywhere at any time
-if the framework allows can be used to transfer all future mon data

Cons
-Features ripped out of the base game to pay for them
-the limitations put on people for non payers
-the selling of things like Pokedex as "features" when it used to be standard

I'm really not liking how Gamefreak is handling this but Bank cost me money and I loved it because I could put my pokemon anywhere but it was stuck on the 3DS, my hope is this is the final evolution of this system for the forseeable future because I'm not really happy about the pay to play mentality.

Not even close, but you know that, you're just trying to stir the pot.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018

This is actually the worst post I have ever seen.

Im not paying 15 dollars a year to keep all the rockband dlc I bought, cross platform from ps3 ovee 10 years ago, and that shit actually has licensing issues and fees! How can anyone defend this?

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile the corporate bootlickers, many of whom also probably haven't played Sword and Shield, come out of the woodwork, try to dismiss any criticism (to varying degrees of legitimacy, admittedly) as 'entitled, toxic gamers', and continue to think the big corporation is their friend and are happy for the 'service' that is now being provided at an additional cost.

Thank goodness those corporate apologists are also here to 'speak their piece', and then never be seen from in the thread again.

Am I doing it right?

Oh, so people who aren't in a fit of rage over this are bootlickers huh?

What if I don't care about the paid option and am perfectly content with this set up? Does that make me a horrible person? Well?

Nov 26, 2017

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'd love to know the reasoning for splitting the features between a smartphone app and a switch app (in addition to the game).
Seriously, why do some dev persist thinking that companion apps are "cool" ?
The Pokemon Company has long had an obsession with getting the userbase on mobile. It's not a huge surprise they'd keep trying with how the platform has evolved.
Oh, so people who aren't in a fit of rage over this are bootlicker's huh?

What if I don't care about the paid option and am perfectly content with this set up? Does that make me a horrible person? Well?
You can say that without making broad ad hominem attacks.