• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Because Go itself won't let you transfer Mew to anywhere. You can't even get rid of it in your own game, you're stuck with it. The same goes to Celebi. Because there is only one of each per account, they're essentially tied to your game.

This was debated almost a year ago, and if people decided to check their facts before getting angry, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Pretty much, yes.

There is no precedent to blocking Mew specifically because they wanted to push the peripheral, because that's not how Go works. Refer to the first part of my post.

Obviously it made the cut, because it needs to exist in the Galar Dex to be in the game at all.
I would like to add that there is plenty of precedence of Pokémon existing in a game and not being part of the Region's Dex, so this is not a sure thing yet.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's like a hundred ways to get a Mew though. Get the free one from Pokemon Go and transfer it through Home might be the most consistent way.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Look I already saw this conversation last year and I bought the darn Poke Ball Plus. I already have my Mew.

Again, every other Gen 1 Pokemon minus Mew can be transferred to Let's Go. That's what the OP is having issue with. I don't think another thread was necessary considering that we had a long one last year, but the point still stands.

If you don't have the Poke Ball Plus, you can't get Mew in the Let's Go games. People kept saying that eventually Game Freak would allow Mew from GO to be transferred, but no dice so far. Every other Gen 1 Pokemon can be transferred to Let's Go. Obviously Gen 2 and on like Celebi can't be transferred either.

But like I said I'm personally okay since I already have my Mew.
Ok, but did you actually read the part where I explain how Go treats both Mew, Celebi and, now, Jirachi? Did you understand this?
Because it literally explains why you can't transfer Mew to Let's Go and how that has nothing to do with the PokéBall Plus.

I would like to add that there is plenty of precedence of Pokémon existing in a game and not being part of the Region's Dex, so this is not a sure thing yet.
Sure, but the new rule is only Pokémon that have their data in the game will be supported. So that includes Mew, because its existence was confirmed by the PokéBall Plus compatibility.
Unless they go out of their way to arbitrarily block Mew from being transferred via a paid service, it's going to be supported. And I doubt they would antagonize their fanbase like that.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Mew is still available on HGSS/DPPt.

Transfer to 3DS for Bank, to Home.
Yeah it's not as if Mew is an ACTUALLY rare pokemon. The ones from GO(Mythicals can't be traded in GO) and Let's Go likely won't be tradable anywhere else considering Let's Go stat manipulation.

The Mew that comes with the Pokeball plus was just a bonus in the same ways that it was also a joycon and a Go+. It's acceptable because it's not the ONLY way to get Mew.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Pokémon Home is coming soon and *maybe* there will be a patch in Let's Go that will enable you to import it into your game.

I'm not happy that not all Pokémon from Home can be transferred into Sword/Shield but again, neither Home or SS are out yet.
Pokemon Home can only transfer back and forth with SwSh. Go, Lets Go and Bank Pokémon can't be brought back oncr they're in Home, and if they're not in the Galar Dex, they're stuck in Home. At least you can look at them and probably play a minigame or some shit, yay

Papoluca

Banned
Mar 22, 2019
Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company gets away with so many crappy practices and no one piles up on them like they do to EA... When they're just as bad or worse.

Two versions of one game is a load of crap... Specially if they have exclusive pokemon in them. Imagine people buying two full priced games just to experience the other legendary pokemon.

$50 for a legendary beloved pokemon is a travesty. Specially if there isn't an in game way to get them.

Why don't people shit on them more often? Locking a Legendary behind a stupid plastic toy is a joke.

Nov 14, 2017
Thankfully there's no restrictions on which Pokemon you can transfer from home!

Oh wait...
And in theory Mew will not be part of those restrictions because it can be transferred from the Poke Ball Plus.

Maybe save your outrage for when Gamefreak actually comes out and admits they won't allow Mew transfers, because right now you're just screaming at a wall.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So are you gonna answer why you're assuming Mew won't be in the Galar dex and then basing your outrage solely on that assumption?

Because event Pokémon not appearing in your Regional Dex happens all the time.

That plus the previous Block on Mew transfers would make anyone worried.

At no point was Mew confirmed to be obtainable in game or even part of the Dex.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you already had a Poke Ball Plus and transferred Mew to Let's Go will connecting it to Sword and Shield also give a one time Mew transfer or is that already shot because it was transferred to Let's Go? I was never really clear on how any of this worked.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Ok, but did you actually read the part where I explain how Go treats both Mew, Celebi and, now, Jirachi? Did you understand this?
Because it literally explains why you can't transfer Mew to Let's Go and how that has nothing to do with the PokéBall Plus.
Um yeah? But I wasn't talking about Celebi or Jirachi considering that even if they weren't tied to your account, you wouldn't be able to move them to Let's Go considering that only Gen 1 Pokemon can be transferred.

Besides, at the end of the day you can get a Mew by trading. Same with the other Mythicals. So even if you can't get the Poke Ball Plus, you're not completely locked out of getting a Mew. Tons of people offer them via sale or trade.

Like I said, I'm not here trying to justify or defend the Poke Ball Plus. Game Freak doesn't need my help with defending everything they do. That's Twitter's job. We previously had a thread about this but the point is that people kept saying that they can transfer their Mew from Bank. Which honestly we really can't cause Bank isn't compatible with Let's Go.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
There's like a hundred ways to get a Mew though. Get the free one from Pokemon Go and transfer it through Home might be the most consistent way.

They blocked that one so people would buy the 50$ one. Mew is not hard to get but the 50$ IAP purchase for something that is required for completion in a single-player RPG is super scummy and if EA was doing it I guarantee everyone would be beating them up about it.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Despite the franchise declining in Generation 3, millions of us bought spin offs and GBA accessories in order to get legendaries, starters, and mythicals in the mainline games, didn't we?

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because event Pokémon not appearing in your Regional Dex happens all the time.

That plus the previous Block on Mew transfers would make anyone worried.

At no point was Mew confirmed to be obtainable in game or even part of the Dex.
So you don't know, but you're treating your guess as fact and asking everyone to be outraged with you based on your pessimistic guess.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
The fact they still get away with releasing two versions is hilarious. Fans defend it as it encourages "trading." What a load of bollocks.

Most people who use trading don't use it to trade the versions exclusives. They use the system for trading Pokémon that they are training to max out or shinies.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
It used to be locked behind living close enough to a random nintendo pop-up event at malls & what not, so we've actually come along way towards making Mew more accessible. With that said, how else were they going to get people to buy the pokeball?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Um yeah? But I wasn't talking about Celebi or Jirachi considering that even if they weren't tied to your account, you wouldn't be able to move them to Let's Go considering that only Gen 1 Pokemon can be transferred.

Besides, at the end of the day you can get a Mew by trading. Same with the other Mythicals. So even if you can't get the Poke Ball Plus, you're not completely locked out of getting a Mew. Tons of people offer them via sale or trade.

Like I said, I'm not here trying to justify or defend the Poke Ball Plus. Game Freak doesn't need my help with defending everything they do. That's Twitter's job. We previously had a thread about this but the point is that people kept saying that they can transfer their Mew from Bank. Which honestly we really can't cause Bank isn't compatible with Let's Go.
Oh, I don't think you're justifying or defending anything, I'm just trying to explain here that Go doesn't let you get rid of any of its one-of-a-kind mythicals. That's what prevented Mew from being transferred to Let's Go. It has nothing to do with them trying to sell a peripheral, which is what the OP is trying to convince people of.
And all evidences points to Mew from older games being supported to go from Home to SwSh, so the PokéBall Plus isn't even the only way to get one anymore.

So OP is just outraging and ignoring this for some reason I frankly don't understand.

They blocked that one so people would buy the 50$ one. Mew is not hard to get but the 50$ IAP purchase for something that is required for completion in a single-player RPG is super scummy and if EA was doing it I guarantee everyone would be beating them up about it.
Required for completion? I got my dex completion certificate in Let's Go without ever getting a Mew in that game, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The tagline for Let's Go defenders was, "Wait until the Gen 8 Pokémon game!" to deflect any criticism like this.

Turns out it's almost 99% likely you can't even use Mew in Gen 8.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This.

And yes I bought it. It was fun as hell using it with Let's Go.

I bought it because I thought my kid would get a kick out of using it and he did. Overall though I thought it was lousy to actually use. All things considered it was a whatever purchase to me. Probably not worth it, but it's far from the first stupid toy I've bought for my kids.

Now I'm just wondering if already having it gives me Mew in the next game or if I'd have to get another one (I'm not going to get another one).

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome to the real reason why you aren't allowed to backup (and potentially modify) your own save files on Switch

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
And in theory Mew will not be part of those restrictions because it can be transferred from the Poke Ball Plus.

Maybe save your outrage for when Gamefreak actually comes out and admits they won't allow Mew transfers, because right now you're just screaming at a wall.
In theory, we were going to be able to transfer all of our mons from Home to Sword/Shield two weeks ago

It's best not to be optimistic

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fine, if you don't think there's a reason to worry about this practice in the slightest. I will request this thread to be closed.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wait... they confirmed they don't want to make a game with all pokemon anymore??? where did they said this?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh, I don't think you're justifying or defending anything, I'm just trying to explain here that Go doesn't let you get rid of any of its one-of-a-kind mythicals. That's what prevented Mew from being transferred to Let's Go. It has nothing to do with them trying to sell a peripheral, which is what the OP is trying to convince people of.
And all evidences points to Mew from older games being supported to go from Home to SwSh, so the PokéBall Plus isn't even the only way to get one anymore.

So OP is just outraging and ignoring this for some reason I frankly don't understand.
No I completely get you. Sorry I must have misunderstood your original post! I do think that this situation can be easily rectified or solved by trading or other methods.

Besides I can't complain since I bought the peripheral lol. (It was okayish)

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So are you gonna answer why you're assuming Mew won't be in the Galar dex and then basing your outrage solely on that assumption?

Not him but the fact that you need to have not connected your Pokeball Plus to LGPE before is concerning.

Otherwise they could have just said that players who did so could transfer Mew trough Pokémon Home.

But they did not.

It's clear that their goal is to sell an accessory, but to explicitly point out that you need to not have used its current "Bonus-Feature" is a problem.

I mean, the logical question to that notice would be "But what if already transfered Mew, what can I do now?"
But no answers.

I admit that it's all assumption, but at this point of time there's more reasons to believe that it's going to happen to think it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.