• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not against using rare candy to help complete your dex but for 1km buddies like Burmy, that seems like a waste. If you walk a lot, you can easily accumulate more than enough candy in a couple weeks (though it'll probably take a bit longer to get the 200 candy needed for all three Wormadam forms plus Mothim).

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to use Rare candies on Legendaries, and usually when I need them. Like recently leveled up my Origin Giritina to lv 35. Same with my wife.

With all my raiding recently, even with using a bunch, I have over 400 currently. lol

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
10 Cresselia down and no shiny luck. The drought continues.

I burned way too many raid passes over the weekend to get absolutely nothing so I'm only doing one raid a day for a while.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Now I'm just missing Gible and Cherubi. I anticipate that I'll hatch a Cherubi soon as I'm hatching about 5 5km eggs per day, but fuck those odds for Gible, it's like 0.05-0.1% in 10km. Silph road's senior vetters haven't hatched a single Gible out of 243.

Gible is the new Riolu confirmed...it'll gradually increase to 1% odds and be added to 7km. Not worth trying for it now IMO. Wish you could just delete 10km eggs as they are total garbage now.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Now I'm just missing Gible and Cherubi. I anticipate that I'll hatch a Cherubi soon as I'm hatching about 5 5km eggs per day, but fuck those odds for Gible, it's like 0.05-0.1% in 10km. Silph road's senior vetters haven't hatched a single Gible out of 243.

Gible is the new Riolu confirmed...it'll gradually increase to 1% odds and be added to 7km. Not worth trying for it now IMO. Wish you could just delete 10km eggs as they are total garbage now.
Gible is in the wild. I've found a few, especially in windy weather.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Gible is in the wild. I've found a few, especially in windy weather.

Odd, I've tried parks/golf courses as this page suggests:

But nada. So wind boosted is good to know. What terrain are you on? Edit: Says you are in San Francisco, so coastal, parks, places of interest?

No way Gible will be in 7km

The hatching odds definitely suck though

They did that with Riolu. I don't remember how many months, but initially it was 10km and 25km+ weekly walk reward eggs I think.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to use Rare candies on Legendaries, and usually when I need them. Like recently leveled up my Origin Giritina to lv 35. Same with my wife.

With all my raiding recently, even with using a bunch, I have over 400 currently. lol

That's a good idea, I'm going to use my rare candies on my wife.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I'm not against using rare candy to help complete your dex but for 1km buddies like Burmy, that seems like a waste. If you walk a lot, you can easily accumulate more than enough candy in a couple weeks (though it'll probably take a bit longer to get the 200 candy needed for all three Wormadam forms plus Mothim).
Oh whoops. Burmy is a 1k buddy? Shit, I should be doing that then. Screw the rare candy.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man, bad timing for me and this adventure event. Last Friday, I got a herniated disc which makes walking and general movement super painful. It's not healing quickly either. <_<

Though, on the other hand, it actually would've been perfect timing because next weekend I have a 71k ultra marathon, so grabbing that 50k distance would've been easy.

Having a spinal injury SUCKS! Fix your posture folks. Don't cross your legs when you sit. Don't lean to one side when you sit. And, in general, try to sit up straight. Otherwise, all that uneven movement and pressure will grind away and your spine's weak point and eventually knock something loose.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
  • Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!
Oooh.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that event couldn't be better timed for me as I'll be on the annual beachhouse family vacation with lots of walks and new stops.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm 0/8. I hope I get at least one before Kyogre comes out.
A lot of time left. Still 2 and a half weeks. If you raid at least once a day just using your daily pass you should be able to get one.

Boxes go away in like 20 hours though. I expect the next set to be full of super incubators and lucky eggs for Adventure Week. So I'm probably going to stock up on raid passes. Luckily I saved up like 16000 coins.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've been playing for several hours and no gible. There must be something specific to the spawn locations that caused you to get several and many other people not even seeing it on the radar once over a dozen hours in large areas. It seems to be more rare than bronzer and glameow.

I found a reddit thread from the 19th. People with secret scanners are showing no spawns at all in some cities and some with absurdly rare (1 spawn at 3am over 3 days). So from my point of view, gible is not in the game. This is some typical niantic Disney vault shit, they'll increase it and have a community day or something 6 months from now.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I lucked out with a Shiny Cresselia on the first try. Going to save my passes for Shiny Mewtwo or Rayquaza now.

Also of note, my gf and I both got Shiny Latios from our weekly research rewards, with the same exact CP...

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
New version 0.145.0 : 2 new moves, dynamic loading screen and Jirachi special research encounter

https://twitter.com/Chrales/status/1134216484748701696

D72L4KPWwAMiJ_4.jpg

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Went ahead and changed buddies for adventure week so I can start building candy for some of the Pokedex entries I need. Didn't realize how much I had walked with my Luxray.

FVsXv9c.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
Might be a dumb question! But concerning adventure week, and the hatching of 2km eggs for Larvitars and other rock types:

I have a bunch of 2km eggs in my inventory already. Is the pokemon that hatches determined at the point of hatching by RNG, or is it already predetermined while in my inventory even before I incubate and hatch it?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a dumb question! But concerning adventure week, and the hatching of 2km eggs for Larvitars and other rock types:

I have a bunch of 2km eggs in my inventory already. Is the pokemon that hatches determined at the point of hatching by RNG, or is it already predetermined while in my inventory even before I incubate and hatch it?
The latter. The egg already counts toward your Pokemon storage also (which is why eggs can't be obtained if you have no Pokemon storage remaining).

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Eggs are determined when they are obtained.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
For anyone still trying to catch a Gible, partly cloudy weather is your friend. It spawns at roughly the same rate as Cranidos which is to say its stupidly rare, but if you have partly cloudy weather all day and you can spy on a pokestop (at a park preferably) you should spot one. This is how i got both Gible and Cranidos. I'm mostly desert/grass biome.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone still trying to catch a Gible, partly cloudy weather is your friend. It spawns at roughly the same rate as Cranidos which is to say its stupidly rare, but if you have partly cloudy weather all day and you can spy on a pokestop (at a park preferably) you should spot one. This is how i got both Gible and Cranidos. I'm mostly desert/grass biome.
Our city has only reported one Gible spawn in the middle of the day while reporting multiple Cranidos each day. 🤷‍♂️

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Hello all! Trying to get to level 40 so I can start submitting locations for my county parks and rec. department.

Looking for people who send gifts everyday. I can easily do the same!

7663 0954 2409

EDIT: I see the google sheets link, but how do I know if those people are active?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hello all! Trying to get to level 40 so I can start submitting locations for my county parks and rec. department.

Looking for people who send gifts everyday. I can easily do the same!

7663 0954 2409

EDIT: I see the google sheets link, but how do I know if those people are active?
Assuming you're in the US, being level 40 doesn't currently grant you POI submission ability. The only means of submitting POIs in the US is through Ingress.

Status
Not open for further replies.