• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so basically, no difference. Why can't there just be an easier way when someone says "this one".

You're going to save 28 candy powering up the level 25 to 30 compared to the level 20. If you have a healthy raid scene where you usually have plenty of people I would do the level 25 for some extra damage in raids. But I only power up when there is a raid boss where I need a particular mon.

Going over 30 is generally gives you diminishing returns unless you have a breakpoint for s specific raid boss in mind.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I managed to catch a 100% Rayquaza on the last raid of the day. Though, seems like I should really focus on powering up my 89% Lucky one instead.

Man, duo'ing accounts while raiding is fricken rad. I'm getting 2 extra balls from being Ultra friends, and I basically double my chances of getting high IVs. I can trade the lower ones with Pokemon from far away for 3 additional candy. I also need to rely on one less random person to complete the raid.

My second account's Fighting team is almost to the point where I could duo a Tyranitar raid. Actually, depending on the TTar moveset, I may be able to do one now.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
so this is the first time i've ever gotten up early to do some raids, because i've had a trash collection of rays. my luck did not change. 15 raids nothing over 87iv. all my hope is now on trading. traded for a 93iv, but not lucky.

Brutal weekend in terms of finding a good Rayquaza.

Which would you level up to level 30 (or higher)?

A-D-HP
14-13-12 - Level 25 - (87%)
15-14-10 - Level 20 (87%)
14-14-13 - Level 30.5 (89%) - Lucky, but would you go more?

so you have my sympathies on iv hunting front.

go with 14/14/13. it is already strictly better than 14/13/12 so you can disregard that.
but you have to define on what your goal is. if it's a dragon attacker, dragonite is much easier to level up and not far off in terms of performance.
also rayq will be back, along with its shiny form

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I got an EX raid for 28th, will that be the defense form or is it for passes that go out on/after 25th?

Got a few decent Rays but the one I'm going to power up is 93% iv, the only one I caught with 15 ATK stat.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I got an EX raid for 28th, will that be the defense form or is it for passes that go out on/after 25th?

That should be the defense form but as it is /should be the first one you wont really know until the raids happen on that day.
*note* the defense form is going to be a pain to do as you'll need a lot of people for it (4 high level with high level stuff or more likely 5-6-7 at moderate levels) so you'll probably want to co-ordinate with the others doing the raid

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
A bit off topic but related do PoGo

I just finished let's go. What's the best way to have a go at the shiny legendaries?
I'm considering transferring legendaries from PoGo to Let's Go just to get the shiny rate up item and then just walking up the the legendarias and restarting the game till I get a shiny one... Is this the best way?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
A bit off topic but related do PoGo

I just finished let's go. What's the best way to have a go at the shiny legendaries?
I'm considering transferring legendaries from PoGo to Let's Go just to get the shiny rate up item and then just walking up the the legendarias and restarting the game till I get a shiny one... Is this the best way?
If you're committing yourself to transferring legendaries in from GO then you can obtain the shiny charm before starting the fixed encounters, yes. You have to bring in all four (including Mewtwo).

I actually got lucky and got a shiny Articuno within 30 or so restarts without the charm (I think the odds of that are in the 1 in 4400 range) but I've given up on doing the others without it. I already transferred in the legendaries but still working on the rest of the Pokedex lol

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
If you're committing yourself to transferring legendaries in from GO then you can obtain the shiny charm before starting the fixed encounters, yes. You have to bring in all four (including Mewtwo).

I actually got lucky and got a shiny Articuno within 30 or so restarts without the charm (I think the odds of that are in the 1 in 4400 range) but I've given up on doing the others without it. I already transferred in the legendaries but still working on the rest of the Pokedex lol

Sweet! All I need is a stupid extra bellsprout to transfer to let's go

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im totally addicted to this game again. All the new additions are pretty huge. Raids, trading, battles. Everything feels better

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Just got one!

So what's the spawn % with this shiny charm? Pretty high, right? Right?!

https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/19/pokemon-lets-go-shiny-guide/

Just keep it in your bag and it will work on its own, increasing the odds of encountering a shiny from 1 in 4,096 to 1 in 1,365.
The odds of encountering a shiny increase at combos of 11x, 21x, and 31x, with the last one increasing the odds of encountering a shiny to roughly 1 in 273

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Only got one shiny since I started. Meditite

Doesnt have good stats but I could opt to trade it to someone right?

The guide was for 'lets go' (as thats what Gui was asking about) - for Pokemon Go - then yes when you trade your shiny the stats will re-roll and you have another chance of it being 'good' however you can only trade things once / can only trade with someone standing next to you / shinys (and legendaries) cost a lot to trade unless your best friends and both already have the thing (then its only 800 dust - new friends and someone not having it is 1,000,000 (a million) dust)

Your next real chance at a shiny will be this weekend with the community day - shiny rates are boosted and if you spend the 3 hours or so of the event catching Treko you should get a few of them (they seem to have been fairly consistent with community day rates and for the last few i've got 6 or 7)

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Shiny Solrock and Shiny Lunatone are out and the two have switched spawns

Edit: Removed shiny Oddish to prevent confusion

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Shiny Solrock/Lunatone is kind of a bummer.

Means you possibly can only get Solrock during the day or Lunatone at night unless they stay all day/night during this event.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Shiny Solrock/Lunatone is kind of a bummer.

Means you possibly can only get Solrock during the day or Lunatone at night unless they stay all day/night during this event.

Both have been raid bosses before - having them available via raids would fix the time and the location issues for now and may encourage people to do more raids ?

New quests as well - evolve 5 grass is a venusaur

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Lunatone was super rare until about 3 or 4 months ago when it suddenly became somewhat common, so I welcome more Solrocks. Only caught like 3 Solrock when they were here the first time versus the 25 or so Lunatone I ended up catching.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
That should be the defense form but as it is /should be the first one you wont really know until the raids happen on that day.
*note* the defense form is going to be a pain to do as you'll need a lot of people for it (4 high level with high level stuff or more likely 5-6-7 at moderate levels) so you'll probably want to co-ordinate with the others doing the raid

Thanks, the local community here is pretty active so it should be alright. I was hoping it would be the attack form, as I don't have it and could solo it haha.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Overall, this event kinda seems like a bust. The Catch 10 Grass for 1000 Dust seems ok. I suppose the Venusaur quests are good for building up a bunch of Bulbasaur candy for an eventual return of their CD move. But, after this weekend, I'll have a bunch of high Grass attackers from Treecko's CD.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Yeah, this event is lame. No bonuses, only one new shiny that doesn't evolve, plus boosted spawns of a type that is already super common for me.

Oh well, a chance to take it easy for a week.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Overall, this event kinda seems like a bust. The Catch 10 Grass for 1000 Dust seems ok. I suppose the Venusaur quests are good for building up a bunch of Bulbasaur candy for an eventual return of their CD move. But, after this weekend, I'll have a bunch of high Grass attackers from Treecko's CD.

One other thing that the Venusaur quest is good for is your 7 day streak - get a quest ready to go the day before - use a starpiece and take that quest as your first catch for the streak - as its a 3rd stage evolve you'll get a nice startdust bonus for it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any rumblings about whether Pokemon Go will have some companion functionality with Pokemon Sword/Shield?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
One other thing that the Venusaur quest is good for is your 7 day streak - get a quest ready to go the day before - use a starpiece and take that quest as your first catch for the streak - as its a 3rd stage evolve you'll get a nice startdust bonus for it.

I didn't think the 7 day streak bonus works as a dust multiplier; does it? I thought it was just a flat bonus of 5000 dust or something like that, tacked onto whatever dust you would normally get for your catch.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I didn't think the 7 day streak bonus works as a dust multiplier; does it? I thought it was just a flat bonus of 5000 dust or something like that, tacked onto whatever dust you would normally get for your catch.

https://www.imore.com/pokemon-go-stardust

Your right its a 3000 dust bonus ontop of the ~600 for the 3rd stage evolve so around 3600 without a starpiece / 5400 with - i may be getting mixed up with the times where there is a double stardust event and for those the guidance was always to get a stage 3 evolve on the 7th day for the biggest bonuses possible

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Weather in the app is fucked up. Says cloudy in game, but physically it is raining, and in the real world it's nearly clear skies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Just soloed Tangela after a couple of tries. The counter list here isn't precise. Enteis, while high DPS, die seemingly faster than Roselade. Here's what worked for me (with ideal moveset in counter list):
1. Heatran, ~70% CP
2. Charizard, ~90% CP
3. Roselade, ~95% CP
4. Blaziken, ~85% CP
5. Flareon, ~95% CP
6. Magmortar, ~90% CP

I don't even think I got to my 6th, had 10 seconds to spare. Overall I think Heatran was the best because fairly high DPS but took way less damage. Roselade I think did the most damage but almost died as fast as Enteis. If I had 3 good Heatrans that's probably all you need.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah, this event is lame. No bonuses, only one new shiny that doesn't evolve, plus boosted spawns of a type that is already super common for me.

Oh well, a chance to take it easy for a week.

Yeah, nothing new for me. Standard rare candy drops, standard stardust. Not even anything useful in increased spawn rates, yawn.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I was finally able to complete my Machamp team on my second account, and I duo'ed my first Tyranitar raid last night. :) It was partly cloudy, too, so it was boosted. Even with 16 balls, it still managed to run away from my second account. :(

Trying to catch raid Tyranitars need to be considered on the same level as a T5 catch, right? (Almost) always golden razz, wait for attacks, and hit those great or excellent curve balls, yeah?

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
I was finally able to complete my Machamp team on my second account, and I duo'ed my first Tyranitar raid last night. :) It was partly cloudy, too, so it was boosted. Even with 16 balls, it still managed to run away from my second account. :(

Trying to catch raid Tyranitars need to be considered on the same level as a T5 catch, right? (Almost) always golden razz, wait for attacks, and hit those great or excellent curve balls, yeah?

If you are confident in your throws you can definitely get by with pineapp berries to start. His circle is very similar to the current Legendary raid boss Dialga. Also, if your alt is the same team and your team controls the gym you can get up to 18 balls if you're best friends which makes the task much easier. Catch rate is a little better too.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Also, if your alt is the same team and your team controls the gym you can get up to 18 balls if you're best friends which makes the task much easier. Catch rate is a little better too.
Ohhh, does that help catch rate? I'm only Ultra friends at the moment. Another 40 days or so to go for that.

Also, my alt is only level 27. So that could've contributed to the diffculty of catching a level 25 Ttar, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.