• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, he looks as if he's covered in floor tiles. The only Rhydon I've got just was always central to when I was battling gyms though, and I didn't want to evolve that one so I really need to find another Rhyhorn but they're not so common. Then again, I'm days away from lvl 40 so will probably stop battling unless the spoofers keep up.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was wondering, if the legendary's cp/iv is lower, is he then easier to catch or is there no difference? I caught a Kyogre tonight on my second ball but once again with low IV (76). All the ones I've been able to catch have had weaker IV's, all the +90 ones ran away. I thought the catch rate is identical no matter what, but I'd like to be sure.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Really like the extra view distance. I've been nabbing neighborhood 3* raids. Roserades destroy crawdaunts quickly, usually get a bunch of rare candy.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering, if the legendary's cp/iv is lower, is he then easier to catch or is there no difference? I caught a Kyogre tonight on my second ball but once again with low IV (76). All the ones I've been able to catch have had weaker IV's, all the +90 ones ran away. I thought the catch rate is identical no matter what, but I'd like to be sure.

I think the level matters, boosted raid bosses are slightly harder to catch.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Level matters (boosted vs non-boosted) I think. But Iv's don't at all.

You need to remember that Legendaries have VERY low catch rates to begin with. Raiding with common people with their friendships boosted will help a lot. Esp Best Friend with +4.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Seems I'm ever so slightly too weak to solo a claydol. Need better water pokemons. Shame, I've seen these drop 3 to 5 rares.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ok thanks guys. Kyogre's hands down the hardest Pokémon to catch in the game imo, but I actually found it easier to get him while he's on the left than the middle, as most vids/guides suggest.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yay! One of my Ingress Portal submissions just got approved. And it will become a Pokestop. It's next to 2 gyms as well and on my main route to work. So I love this.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
When is the repop? I live in the Austin area which is explosively growing so there's bound to be more stops. My ideal spot is a block in the domain that takes precisely 5 minutes to walk around and has 10 or so stops and a gym. But sometimes I work from home in suburbia, downtown round rock is my local spot but it is not as good as the domain.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I got soooooo lucky. After sapping half my golden razzes to get groudon the very first kyogre was a shiny.

17 encounters, no shiny yet. I think this weekend I'll have the opportunity to do some weatherboosted raids since it's gonna rain, but after that I may have to slow down because my premium passes are draining fast :p Since it's such a challenge to catch him I keep looking for more it seems.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten about 20 so far, battling every other day usually. I've gotten every evolution besides Rhyperior and Porygon-Z (and no way in hell I'm evolving those until there's a shiny form available - betting on community days for them), and still have about 7 or 8 left. I'll try to increase that before Swinub day.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I should create another account for battling. My girlfriend gets bored after one battle (where she almost always gets a stone).

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Finally at a place where I've evolved all the Sinnoh stone candidates thus far. Stones were hard to come by at first but evened our even while I've been super lazy about battling, mainly due to the battling system being a process of sheer boredom.

That said, I have at least 4 piloswine to evolve on CD. I have a shitload of candy stockpiles for that.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
With a 1/8 chance, if you are consistently doing your four reward battles every day, and you haven't received more than a few stones, you are incredibly unlucky. I got 2 from battles today alone, which is about a one in four chance of happening. My wife gets them as frequently as I do - we will get 2 in a single day atleast once aweek. It just passed midnight and we battled and both got 2 rare candies which is another item that is 1/8, and one I care more about at this point than the stones.

My girlfriend gets bored after one battle (where she almost always gets a stone).

Have you tried just putting up your 3 lowest CP pokemon? They get one hit killed, literally taking 30 seconds from initiating a match to clicking "rematch." My wife wants the league exclusive clothes too, so if your girlfriend has any interest, that can be her incentive to play and get easy wins to unlock some new outfits. Sometimes I'll offer to play for her too, since again, it only takes 2 minutes, and my guys don't need to attack.

Last edited:

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Usually my gf and I get our battles out of the way while we're in the car driving somewhere. I just pass her my phone and she uses me as a punching bag while trying to get the Ultra League outfits.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Hit lvl 40 this morning. Whoo, I guess. Not sure what to do now. Raid participation is minimal around here unless there's something new to chase.

Also, kind of confused why I was awarded some Lucky Eggs for reaching that level.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hit lvl 40 this morning. Whoo, I guess. Not sure what to do now. Raid participation is minimal around here unless there's something new to chase.

Also, kind of confused why I was awarded some Lucky Eggs for reaching that level.
Lol, yeah. Niantic going to Niantic. They should give another infinite incubator.

EDIT: Also, if the trainer "kwma" is here, we're about to hit best friends level. You're not on the spreadsheet, so PM me so we can coordinate.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Seems I'm ever so slightly too weak to solo a claydol. Need better water pokemons. Shame, I've seen these drop 3 to 5 rares.

I find for most stuff these guys (reddit names in the top left corner) are pretty accurate with the difficulty marks on raids ) - you can see Claydol is the hardest current T3

qz289o0ensa21.png

If i check my team then a high level Kyogre or a few high level Gyrados with waterfall / hydro pump should do it

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm up to 30 million total xp after taking quite a while to get to 20 million. #raisethecap

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't realise it continued counting XP. I'm at 20,000,049 so some way to go to catch up.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
They might raise the level cap like they did with Ingress, but it seems unlikely in the near future because of PvP. Not that a level cap would matter much unless you're playing Master league.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Most diehard Go players have multiple times the exp needed to reach level 40. If Niantic raises the cap to 45 those players will reach it immediately.

Raising the gap will only create a bigger gap between people who play occasionally and people who are die hard players.

Personally I hope they don't raise the level cap

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Most diehard Go players have multiple times the exp needed to reach level 40. If Niantic raises the cap to 45 those players will reach it immediately.

Raising the gap will only create a bigger gap between people who play occasionally and people who are die hard players.

Personally I hope they don't raise the level cap
Like I said it doesn't matter unless you're playing Master League. Gyms are already piss easy to take down and raising the level cap will actually help people complete raids since the higher level players will have a better TDO.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Like I said it doesn't matter unless you're playing Master League. Gyms are already piss easy to take down and raising the level cap will actually help people complete raids since the higher level players will have a better TDO.

But what does it change? The grind from 39 to 40 is already extremely long for people that don't play intensively.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
But what does it change? The grind from 39 to 40 is already extremely long for people that don't play intensively.
People have more reason to play and spend money? You don't have to play hours each day to reach 20 million xp anymore. And from 39 to 40 doesn't actually raise your Pokemon level cap so it's only cosmetic. I know dozens of people who play casually who have reached 40 at this point. This isn't some impossible to reach milestone anymore. And for the hardcore it'll make them care more about multiplicative xp events instead of stardust and only stardust. They just need to make levels exponential like reaching lvl. 45 requires 200 million xp or something ridiculous.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
People have more reason to play and spend money? You don't have to play hours each day to reach 20 million xp anymore. And from 39 to 40 doesn't actually raise your Pokemon level cap so it's only cosmetic. I know dozens of people who play casually who have reached 40 at this point. This isn't some impossible to reach milestone anymore. And for the hardcore it'll make them care more about multiplicative xp events instead of stardust and only stardust. They just need to make levels exponential like reaching lvl. 45 requires 200 million xp or something ridiculous.

I disagree raising the cap will make people play more. Most level 40 players in my neighborhood are playing pokemon go the most. Especially if there are interesting raid bosses like there are now. New shiny Pokémon are also a great way of keeping people interested.

Raising the cap to let's say 45 will be really intimidating if the grind is to long. I know people who play Go pretty regularly since the start and are still level 36.

Personally I started in June and reached 40 early December but not everyone has the same amount of time to play as I do.

Catched my third shiny zigzagoon today, only shiny from the Hoenn event I need now is Kyogre

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Just a reminder to everyone to update their totals on the Leaderboard spreadsheet (or add an entry if you haven't already). I think only 3 of us have been updating it regularly over the past month or two (Shoutout to Zaphod79 and Robochimp)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Success! I've had 2 more portals accepted. One of which will trigger a new gym next to my office. Funny thing is my office is moving next week lol. But there is a nice Gazeboo I plan on trying to submit once we get there.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just a reminder to everyone to update their totals on the Leaderboard spreadsheet (or add an entry if you haven't already). I think only 3 of us have been updating it regularly over the past month or two (Shoutout to Zaphod79 and Robochimp)

[Hidden content]

Thanks for the reminder, just updated mine. It's interesting to see how much progress I've made in some aspects and how little I've focused on others.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a friend submit portals all over my neighborhood and only one of them got accepted. Seems whoever does the approvals over here approves nothing unless it literally has a sign with its name engraved in stone.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Success! I've had 2 more portals accepted. One of which will trigger a new gym next to my office. Funny thing is my office is moving next week lol. But there is a nice Gazeboo I plan on trying to submit once we get there.
Do you still have to suggest stuff through Ingress or are they expanding their level 40 beta thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.