• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is Croagunk part of the event or is it here to stay? There's one like 4 blocks away but it's blizzarding right now...

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
just got a weird bug: I just got my 6th research stamp but I got the 'research complete' pop-up instead, only I couldn't click it. Then I when I closed the window and came back, it reverted back to the 6/7 screen.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hoping someone here can help me with a problem.

I recently got let's go pikachu and have reached the pokemon go park so want to transfer over me go pokemon but I can't seem to connect my phone.

I have a Sony Xperia xz and when I go into settings, Nintendo switch and click on connect to Nintendo switch nothing happens. The option seems to flash blue but absolutely nothing happens. I have tried being ready on the switch to connect in case that was the problem and made sure Bluetooth is on but it doesn't even attempt to do anything on go.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I have a Sony Xperia xz and when I go into settings, Nintendo switch and click on connect to Nintendo switch nothing happens. The option seems to flash blue but absolutely nothing happens. I have tried being ready on the switch to connect in case that was the problem and made sure Bluetooth is on but it doesn't even attempt to do anything on go.

May well be the phone - i have an old phone we use as a spare (samsung S6) and the switch will not connect to it but it connects to other phones fine - worth checking a different phone just in case
The 'connect' thing is also a little confusing - how I do it :
Select connect on the switch
Select connect on the phone
Press the A button on the switch a few times then it comes up asking if you want to connect (yes)
Go to your pokelist on Go and you have a nintendo switch icon just under the search bar - click there and select what you want to move over
Go to the desk at the park and select to transfer - again press A a few times on the switch and then it asks if you want to transfer things over

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping someone here can help me with a problem.

I recently got let's go pikachu and have reached the pokemon go park so want to transfer over me go pokemon but I can't seem to connect my phone.

Any help would be really appreciated.
You need to go to the Options menu on Let's Go (I believe it's press Y), then go through the steps to connect to a Go account. Then you touch the Switch icon on your phone to connect. It confused me too.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be so much better if you could choose what legendary to encounter instead of the full randomness.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I'm out of town at the moment in a much warmer sunnier place, and there are almost no spawns from the winter event. No sneasel, snorunt, swinub.

I didn't realize how much the snowy weather actually made a difference.

Also, caught a boosted Heatran last night. Shit IVs tho :/

Sneasel raids would be boosted by snow, too, right?

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh why the legendary dogs... they can't even be shiny. Just give me a shiny Lugia already.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah three breakthroughs this month and all three were Entei

Awesome can't wait for more of that next month. Although I don't have Moltres so 3/8 is better odds I guess. Just let us pick or have it go day by day so we can rig the system a bit.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Staying at my parents' house.

No pokestops on the nearby screen - just the grass-tufts.

And I've already seen two Croagunk silhouettes! (that I haven't gone after).

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
is it bad that I'm really happy about the two months of research rewards? it kinda takes the pressure off of me to play now that I have em all (I wouldn't mind a better luigia, but like with everything in the game, it doesn't matter).

idk. itll be nice to take most of the winter off apart from CDs or if they do a raid day thing. that way when spring comes ill be super into playing again.

plus it lets people who just started/came back have a shot at getting whatever they are missing out on.

hope they do a month of groudon/kyorgre/rayquaza research. don't have any of those guys

Edit,

also how solo able are machamp raids? I have 6, but my girlfriend only has 1 I think. they pop up daily around my office so if I could solo em and give em to her that would be nice. i'm lvl 37 and have a bunch of unpowered up sky attack moltreses and brave bird ho-ohs. not to mention a few espeons and alakazams w/ double psychic moves

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
plus it lets people who just started/came back have a shot at getting whatever they are missing out on.
I think the counter argument would be that there are better ways to do this. They could code in choice so players can actually get what they missed while also giving consistent choice in what they grind for candy/shinies. Or just develop a different way to keep legendaries obtainable. Depending on RNG to fill Pokédex gaps in lapsed players isn't going to accomplish much.

hope they do a month of groudon/kyorgre/rayquaza research. don't have any of those guys
Or go back to what they were doing with dedicated months for each. Hopefully someday.

also how solo able are machamp raids? I have 6, but my girlfriend only has 1 I think. they pop up daily around my office so if I could solo em and give em to her that would be nice. i'm lvl 37 and have a bunch of unpowered up sky attack moltreses and brave bird ho-ohs. not to mention a few espeons and alakazams w/ double psychic moves
Shouldn't be too difficult. With a 32 Moltres, 25 Moltres, 33 Mewtwo, 39 Exeggutor, 38.5 Salamence, and 40 Dragonite I'm estimated to have 55 seconds left. Some of the calculations replace those guys with other 25 Moltres with virtually no change to the time to win.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Third Zapdos from research. They're all about the same CP/IV too. Hope I get more variation in the coming weeks. Ah well, at least I got another Sinnoh stone.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
May well be the phone - i have an old phone we use as a spare (samsung S6) and the switch will not connect to it but it connects to other phones fine - worth checking a different phone just in case
The 'connect' thing is also a little confusing - how I do it :
Select connect on the switch
Select connect on the phone
Press the A button on the switch a few times then it comes up asking if you want to connect (yes)
Go to your pokelist on Go and you have a nintendo switch icon just under the search bar - click there and select what you want to move over
Go to the desk at the park and select to transfer - again press A a few times on the switch and then it asks if you want to transfer things over
You need to go to the Options menu on Let's Go (I believe it's press Y), then go through the steps to connect to a Go account. Then you touch the Switch icon on your phone to connect. It confused me too.
I'm trying to follow the official guidance on connecting which says to try to connect to your pokemon go account on switch, then go onto go, go to settings, click on Nintendo switch and then click connect to Nintendo switch. I do that and nothing happens on Go, it just stays on that screen and the switch icon never comes up.

Wouldn't have though it would be the phone since its not that old but maybe it is.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch icon never comes up? Then it might be an issue with bluetooth, either on the Switch or your phone. Try it with any other phone first and see if the issue persists. It might not connect with the Switch but at least the Switch icon should be visible with a loading animation.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Switch icon never comes up? Then it might be an issue with bluetooth, either on the Switch or your phone. Try it with any other phone first and see if the issue persists. It might not connect with the Switch but at least the Switch icon should be visible with a loading animation.
I'm gonna try doing it in docked mode since some people say the Joycons can interfere plus also seen suggestions that going outside the go park city can help too so maybe that will do the trick.

Sadly can't try a different phone since me and the wife have the same model but hopefully I can get a work around going.

Edit* that managed to get it working, then had to work out how to actually connect when in the park. Very unintuitive overall.

Had to first select the pokemon in go I wanted to transfer to switch and then connect to let's go. Also had it have an error a few times but repeated attempts sorted it out..

Thank god that's done now, process should have been much easier but at least it's done now.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna try doing it in docked mode since some people say the Joycons can interfere plus also seen suggestions that going outside the go park city can help too so maybe that will do the trick.

Sadly can't try a different phone since me and the wife have the same model but hopefully I can get a work around going.
I take it you've seen this reddit post?
I had trouble with a Sony Xperia XZ premium...took about 5 goes then worked ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...re_having_trouble_syncing_pokémon_go/e9udva7/

Seems like it can work, it's just a bit glitchy.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
So I gave up hatching 7k eggs and started doing 5s. The first two hatches were Croagunks.

Oh nice. I'll pull together a team and see if I️ can do it. I️ figured I️ could but if I️ sneak out of work for 20 mins I️ want to make sure I️ get something for it
If you enter all your Pokemon (or top Pokemon) into Poke Genie (or something similar), it'll tell you which team to make and it's effectiveness against certain bosses. That's how I figured out that my Slowbro is apparently my best psychic attacker.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
So I gave up hatching 7k eggs and started doing 5s. The first two hatches were Croagunks.

If you enter all your Pokemon (or top Pokemon) into Poke Genie (or something similar), it'll tell you which team to make and it's effectiveness against certain bosses. That's how I figured out that my Slowbro is apparently my best psychic attacker.
oh nice! i have that, but it seems like such a pain to get all that info in there. maybe ill check it out however

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
No way. After the shiny Moltres last week, I just got a shiny Zapdos from this week's Research Breakthrough. Two shiny Breakthroughs in a row. I guess that sorta makes up for a lack of any other shinies found during this event.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hatched a set of 7 7 KM eggs. Managed two Munchlax, which is nice because he is covered now. I got a new batch of 7 KM eggs, but I'm not going to put them in an incubator for now. Waiting for tomorrow. Hoping for some Riolu in there. Mantyke and Chingling are for in a couple of years.

Is there anything in 5 KM eggs interesting for you? Looking at everything non-7K I'm only interested by Skorupi.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
In the 5k's I'm at 5/42 that I'd love to hatch:

- Piplup (so close to final evo)
- Croagunk
- Gligar
- Lotad
- Seedot

I never see Lotads and Seedot only rarely. Still need a bunch more for the final evolution. I remember reading there was a point/event where Seedot appeared more frequently but I def. missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.