• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Gah, that sucks dude. Meanwhlie, I've had the best luck ever with Heatran. I'm 7 out of 7. Next raid, I'll try to get 'im to run away to send some luck your way.

Are you doing Golden Razz berries, and Great or Excellent curve ball throws?

I am not one who can do those curve throws every time so that might be it but I use the berries

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ha.

HA.

HA.

It happened, can't believe I got one.

screenshot_20181224-14dc7r.jpg

Was going slowly down some sidestreets on my way home from work, damn near drove over a curb when this guy popped up. I was starting to doubt he was even real.

screenshot_20181224-17sibe.jpg

Look at him. He sucks. I love him.

129 was my final total, only 6 more since I whined yesterday. Best of luck to the rest of you, I can now ascend in peace.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Congrats on that! I'm still trying. 1100 checked so far...but it is the last wild shiny of the event that I need.

Given up hope on a shiny Azurill or Santa hat Pichu.

Oct 25, 2017
Was fighting the ugly blue team at the local gym yesterday when a fellow approached me and asked me to join the local discord group. So now I guess I can get in on some higher tier raids. Pretty exciting I must say. Even as someone who is normally anti-social and faces a fair bit of social anxiety.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Haven't been able to grind the event very hard because I'm out of town but I do at least have a shiny Snorunt from last year.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Still no Shiny Delibird or Shiny Santa Hat Pikachu. 2 shiny Snorunts, but both are male. Only at 175 Delibirds checked so far though. Have not gotten anything new or shiny from a 7k egg yet, despite being at around 20-30 hatches. They put the odds way too low, especially with less gifts being sent due to the holidays. Have gained around 100,000 stardust plus was able to get a good start on Heatran candy last week.

I still think this Gen 4 rollout has been the worst one yet, and really hope my favorite gen (Gen 5) doesn't get fucked up this badly.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this Gen 4 rollout has been the worst one yet, and really hope my favorite gen (Gen 5) doesn't get fucked up this badly.

The Gen 4 rollout is downright incompetent.

During the recent event they let loose 5 new Pokémon, 10 with the evolutions. In this new week of that event I have come across Snover. Only Snover. After nearly two months of the new gen, I have not seen any of the new egg Pokémon except for Budew, they included fucking regionals, included some Pokémon that were nearly exclusive to raids, others exclusive to eggs, and only half of the new evolutions cordoned off behind items that are difficult to obtain and completely reliant on RNG with the other half yet to release.

It's madness. Idiocy, even.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
The Gen 4 rollout is downright incompetent.

During the recent event they let loose 5 new Pokémon, 10 with the evolutions. In this new week of that event I have come across Snover. Only Snover. After nearly two months of the new gen, I have not seen any of the new egg Pokémon except for Budew, they included fucking regionals, included some Pokémon that were nearly exclusive to raids, others exclusive to eggs, and only half of the new evolutions cordoned off behind items that are difficult to obtain and completely reliant on RNG with the other half yet to release.

It's madness. Idiocy, even.

It's not incompetent. They're very clearly targetting maximum DAU and maximum profits from minnows/whales. Unfortunately, that doesn't lead to the same kind of fun that the gen 1 release and, to a lesser extent, the gen 2 release were. And I really wonder if they've increased profits from this approach. It's definitely less fun-the only really cool things to find in the wild (outside of the first week or so after a wave releases) are shinies. I could see this approach having a negative impact on the playerbase overall.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is more easily explained by incompetence: they released five new Pokémon, and immediately overwrote the spawns of four of them by the event spawns. We have seen that happen a couple of times already.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gen 4 was always going to be terrible due to the large amount of babies, evolutions and legendaries.
There are very little Pokemon for them to just release into the wild.

And while the Sinnoh Stone situation is very RNG based it doesn't cost anything, and I prefer that system than having to get individual items and evolution methods for these Pokemon (which would also be RNG)

They could have handled this better but they were always going to struggle with gen 4. Having multiple regionals in such a small gen though was really dumb.

It is more easily explained by incompetence: they released five new Pokémon, and immediately overwrote the spawns of four of them by the event spawns. We have seen that happen a couple of times already.
People wanted some rare Pokemon to be excited about, now we have them

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, I mentioned a lot in the leadup to Gen 4 that it's a weird, interstitial generation full of issues for a game like Go. But what happens once precedent is set?

We have a whole new set of legendary and mythical pokemon (13 in fact), plus who knows how many potential egg-exclusives, regionals, and general rarities or unreleased (Accelgor and Escavalier are destined for general idiocy even though prior oddities like Ninjask and Shedinja could have been handled totally fine).

I have very little faith in Niantic to not just resort to releasing 3-5 new Pokémon a month for the next year or two. And leading to no excitement beyond people loving the idea of a slightly different color of Cryogonal.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't really care that much about shinies. I have a shiny Snorunt and I keep that, but beyond that I'm not going to tap every Delibird until I get lucky. It's a nice surprise if I do get one, but if I'd get it in my head that I want every shiny type I'd go crazy

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care that much about shinies. I have a shiny Snorunt and I keep that, but beyond that I'm not going to tap every Delibird until I get lucky. It's a nice surprise if I do get one, but if I'd get it in my head that I want every shiny type I'd go crazy
That's literally how they get people excited now. They're trophies you can show off. And they'll continue to trickle them. After more than 2 years, it surprises me most of gen 1 still don't have shiny versions.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
The current event sounded so cool on paper.

But the tiny chance of hatching or catching anything new killed it.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yeah, I need to stop playing this game. If my only real goal in the game is to complete the Pokedex, Niantic is actively preventing players from doing so, and spending an entire day roaming around hunting for new Pokemon to spawn is a colossal waste of time. There are other things I should be doing with my time.

I'll be back when the legendary raids change.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Had a nice day: Hatched a first Budew, caught a Croagunk so I'm up to 40 Candy and I raid'ed another two Shinx to now have Luxray. Even raided together with a ResetEra member on the last one, just too bad it was a terrible place to stop the car so I had to fight from a bit further.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Delibird is one of my favorite Pokemon and I've clicked on so friggin many hoping for a shiny. No luck.

Figured the shiny rate would be boosted since its a seasonal only Pokemon.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Delibird is one of my favorite Pokemon and I've clicked on so friggin many hoping for a shiny. No luck.

Figured the shiny rate would be boosted since its a seasonal only Pokemon.
I was hoping they would boost the shiny chance like crazy for Christmas day, that would have been fun

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Thought I was going to have to walk Togepi to get enough candy for Togekiss, but it's my most frequent 7k hatch. Already hatched 3 during the event, one shiny. Now Gligar is the only Sinnoh stone evo I still need a bunch of candy for.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Has anyone else completely lost interest in giving their Pokemon a second charged move? They generally don't make raiding much easier, and PVP is so boring that I don't think there's any chance a serious meta for it will develop outside of the biggest cities (and even then, I don't know if the game's mechanics are fun and strategic enough to support one).

The best thing I did is give my 3 stone moveset Golems a second charge move. They all got earthquake, and since I now have 6 smackdown tyrants, I fast tm'd them to have mud slap, and they are all in my Heatran party. My wife and I duo it without a groudon between us. Saved me a lot of charge tms that I didn't have. And they only cost 10k stardust/25 candy. I'd say a charge tm is worth that. But that is probably the last time this type of thing will be so easy or so cheap..

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a Croagunk appear on stop vision while in the slowest grocery check out line ever. The stop sighting expired about the time I got to my car with my purchases, but I still barely made it lol

No shinies yet, but between work crunching and family gatherings, I only have roughly 50 observations each.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen the newly released Pokemon on my nearby once or twice. They seem extremely rare. I'm guessing due to the winter event?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen Croagunt and Skorupi on radar but haven't been able to catch them. I did just hatch a Croagunt from a 5k egg however, so there's that.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
Croagunk, Bronzor and Skorupi all get posted in the neighborhoods of my city Discord, so they seem pretty rare. Or uncommon. I dunno. I would say like 5 get reported in the day in each neighborhood spanning a 5km by 5 km radius?

Am interested in to see if Croagunks evolution is good in Go. He felt like a glass cannon when I used him in the main games.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
first day I saw Bronzor on nearby and it wasn't THAT far but it was out of my way, like first hour of the event - and I was like, nah, these will be spawning everywhere.

dumb dumb dumb

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Do we have a separate thread for friend codes sharing? I could use some more friends to exchange gifts with.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

I didn't even know it was possible to get several Sinnoh Stones at once...

Beats the drought of the previous week!

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I started to play the game some weeks ago again and enjoy it a lot. But I can't believe that the game is still urban-centric and not countryside-centric. I often go up to the mountains or distant valleys. That I can't find pokestops I can understand. But that I rarely meet Pokémon is really disappointing because it would be a great game to play in the nature.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
first day I saw Bronzor on nearby and it wasn't THAT far but it was out of my way, like first hour of the event - and I was like, nah, these will be spawning everywhere.

dumb dumb dumb
My wife gave birth on Christmas Eve. Happened to turn on Go while we waited for the maternity room to be ready and there was a Bronzor. First and only I've seen. The next day it was a Skoropi

Status
Not open for further replies.