• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the replies of this thread is disappointing, i'm not from the US but have you seen what is happening? it's heartbreaking. I can see why companies do these, they've all been heartless but you as an individual being apologist and actually defending this?

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Let's be real clear here:

EVERY CORPRATION NEEDS TO MAKE A STATEMENT

Silence is complicity.
They make a statement and then what?
Does that change the issue at hand? No instead you'll get sycophants patting their backs, so unless these large corporations are backing useful legislations and money to the issue at hand, I don't care for some paper statement

Oct 25, 2017
people actually excpted them to say something deep and emotional, wow.
im so done with this over-nothing-drama lol, some guys just trying to find someone to blame with something
I mean, you're probably the most upset out of anyone in this thread if we're being honest. It's a weak tweet, that's all thats being said. No, none of us expected a deep message or heavy paragraph, but an actual sentence would've been better than this.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Dismissive commentary
Your consoles and smartphones are being assembled in China and yet you are here to call out Pokemon Company for not putting out some mayor statement on the issue. What company spoke out about the treatment of Uyghurs before taking that Tencent money ?

People really need to grow up and realize why companies move how the move.

While this is moving into whataboutism, I hate hypocrisy displayed on Gaming ERA. Users I've never seen once discuss these issues or partake in the OT threads suddenly demanding some mayor statement from companies that couldn't care less.

This issue isn't about you but the movement. I personally would rather have companies do what they feel and come.acrosss genuine instead of obviously doing too much and acting out of charachter, just because of the public.

That's why have black protestors, protesting peacefully and keeping it moving ....while many young white groups acting out like crazy and doing way too much on the streets.

I don't see such a statement or tweet being a big issue for black people, bigger fish to fry ....usually other people are gonna use these kind of statements to act extra offended.

Luxury if that's something you can get mad about.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo never says anything. Wtf. People get mad and say Sony and these other companies are only capitalizing by saying something for their own pockets. It's an issue if Nintendo doesn't say anything?

Pokemon is its own thing and well...idk why kind of tweet that was
Look people arent saying what Sony, Microsoft said wasn't nice people appreciate it, but let's be real it's empty meaningless statements if they don't follow it up with real action. What Sony and Microsoft is the bare minimum and shouldn't be applauded for that we should make sure they follow up with some real action.

PrimeOtime

May 28, 2020
I mean, you're probably the most upset out of anyone in this thread if we're being honest. It's a weak tweet, that's all thats being said. No, none of us expected a deep message or heavy paragraph, but an actual sentence would've been better than this.
you and a bunch of others getting mad because a twitter page about a game for little kids twitted a gif of love and respect between two races, but im the most upset. the lolz are real.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. I don't see anything wrong with the tweet, and I'm black.There are people of different races that are standing up and peacefully protesting together on what happened, so I believe that is what the intent is.
It's tone def because the image they posted is not something that is happening in the world. In fact, quite the opposite. So posting that image is just weird. Especially with no message attached.
Considering Japan's culture, acknowledgement of the issue surprised me. It's a nice little gesture and non-offensive in my perspective.

Having said that, I hope Nintendo will continue to work on having more ethnic human diversity in their games.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Better to just say nothing then post something like this that can be misunderstood.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
you and a bunch of others getting mad because a twitter page about a game for little kids twitted a gif of love and respect between two races, but im the most upset. the lolz are real.
This is literally the least and companies can do way more. If you don't wanna hold peoples feet to the fire then you don't have to be on the front line.

Oct 25, 2017
This is more in line with my expectations of Nintendo.

They won't comment on anything outside of toys, rumors, and entertainment as it's a tradition in the company. (Rumors are usually commented with their official stance: "We can't comment anything on rumors and speculation.")
People are a little too accepting of that status quo.
When did I indicate any frustration or anger toward this tweet?

I recall saying I was laughing to the point tears at how milquetoast it is, but no anger from anyone except you here.

"What about the kids, the kids don't need to learn about racism, I mean, they're on Twitter for some reason, but shield them learning about racism." That's what you sound like.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Social media pages aren't unilaterally ran by a single person lmao
But they do represent companies, and for that reason, the social media pages are usually run by the PR team, in which, after some discussions, once everyone approves, the one person that tweets to the official Twitter account then tweets the PR team approved message.

Technically, it's 1 person.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Let me see example A:

Actually Japan as of now:

It still a foreign company, I don't see people here asking american companies to release responses to what is happening in Brazil, or what happened in Venezuela etc. In a a perfected world everyone would position themselves but as someone that is living a country with a situation very dire I know that not everyone that is outside your country will care.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
Your consoles and smartphones are being assembled in China and yet you are here to call out Pokemon Company for not putting out some mayor statement on the issue. What company spoke out about the treatment of Uyghurs before taking that Tencent money ?

People really need to grow up and realize why companies move how the move.

While this is moving into whataboutism, I hate hypocrisy displayed on Gaming ERA. Users I've never seen once discuss these issues or partake in the OT threads suddenly demanding some mayor statement from companies that couldn't care less.

This issue isn't about you but the movement. I personally would rather have companies do what they feel and come.acrosss genuine instead of obviously doing too much and acting out of charachter, just because of the public.

That's why have black protestors, protesting peacefully and keeping it moving ....while many young white groups acting out like crazy and doing way too much on the streets.

I don't see such a statement or tweet being a big issue for black people, bigger fish to fry ....usually other people are gonna use these kind of statements to act extra offended.

This is exactly how I feel as fellow minority, not black, but brown. It feels like we overblow micro things, and ignore the actual macro issues constantly in these communities.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad that being anti racism is being political nowadays
Murdering of black people is not just "political"
Nearly everything is somewhat political. Is it the right thing to be on the BLM side and not being a fuckin racist? Absolutely.
But Nintendo never says anything that isnÄt about their products as shitty as it is and as I find it, but I never expected them to say anything, given their trackrecord

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
People are little accepting of that status quo.
I am accepting of that status quo. Nintendo is, for a long time, known to be ultra-conservative. Not your typical conservative. Like mega-ultra conservative. It's been like that for the past 18 years of my life, so I don't expect them to suddenly change and break tradition.

Then again, the whole topic was about the Pokemon tweet, not Nintendo in general.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
Nice of them? unnecessary af tho

yeah, I totally imagine cops and black people seeing this and saying "wait, sony and pokemon commented about it? k boys we're cool"
Literally no one is saying Nintendo alone will fix this. We are saying Nintendo has the platform to invigorate millions of people and get them involved, just by saying "We are against racism. Black lives matter." And they are choosing not to.

Kovalxy

Apr 5, 2020
To throw my hat in the ring...

Sure, their response should be better, but at the end of the day, it's all just positive PR.

I mean, they're corporations at the end of the day. The only reason they care is because it garners them good PR. The fact that it's fucking Pokémon of all franchises - again - doesn't really help either, because of all of what's happened over the past year or so.

I guess I just... don't care much about the tweet. Cause I don't expect anything like this from companies. The best I can say that "that's nice. They made a statement. They're not going against it."

Someone did say Nintendo was more Japan oriented, and I can see that, considering they did delay a Direct not too long ago when a tsunami hit the country.
Sony's a pleasant surprise, though.

PrimeOtime

May 28, 2020
I mean, Disney and Pixar both have made statements.

And Disney Junior Retweeted the Disney One. Go to their page right now and tell me what you see.

Disney (and Pixar, but sinec disney owns pixar they're the same for me) is a "for the family" company (besides having 1M more stuff other than movies for kids), obviously they'll write about it. But pokemon? seriously?

4a787772-b39f-4d02-a432-96558b41556f.png
DEAD

Oct 25, 2017
Like I would like for Nintendo make a statement at all, sure. Especially when their employees are publically out there denouncing police and calling for change. But I'd rather do shit than get angry and arguing on a forum at a corporation for saying something or not saying something.

blacklivesmatters.carrd.co

Ways To Help

Ways To Help

Let's go do shit.

PrimeOtime

May 28, 2020
[QU
Literally no one is saying Nintendo alone will fix this. We are saying Nintendo has the platform to invigorate millions of people and get them involved, just by saying "We are against racism. Black lives matter." And they are choosing not to.
Get
them
involved
how..?

Do people seriously need to see companies write those stuff to understand that racism is fucked up?

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
Nintendo never says anything. Wtf. People get mad and say Sony and these other companies are only capitalizing by saying something for their own pockets. It's an issue if Nintendo doesn't say anything?

Pokemon is its own thing and well...idk why kind of tweet that was

Sony is at least matching donations made by employees.

Oct 27, 2017
Disney (and Pixar, but sinec disney owns pixar they're the same for me) is a "for the family" company (besides having 1M more stuff other than movies for kids), obviously they'll write about it. But pokemon? seriously?
i truly do not get this post

"it makes sense for Disney and Pixar, but there's no point for Pokémon to post anything" is your... argument? what? why are you so defensive of the Pokémon Company?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Learn to read a room

People are fed up with silence, it is compliance, and we have had enough. And keep in mind Anti-blackness is a global issue that Japan ain't a stranger to.

"But they have always been silent on these issues..."

Shame on you

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
Enough of this "Pokemon is just for kids" shit. Nintendo themselves literally revealed a year or two ago that Pokemon players older than ever: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/290666/Nintendo_says_Pokemon_players_are_now_older_than_ever.php

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
Why the fuck do you even care about what a heartless, soulless, inanimate entity, i.e. a company, has to say about current events? What meaningful contribution or, even better, solution do they offer? They do not give a flying fuck about this which is reflected in the bare minimum amount of performative wokeness they display because you know...public image and shit.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Learn to read a room

People are fed up with silence, it is compliance, and we have had enough. And keep in mind Anti-blackness is a global issue that Japan ain't a stranger to.

"But they have always been silent on these issues..."

Shame on you
A Tweet form a company isn't going to change shit. I'm not looking to any company to fix racism in this world, they'll do shit at their convenience, and if it can get them some good PR and a few extra bucks they jump at the chance.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
please tell me this isnt how things are here usually, I just joined two days cause I thought this aint reddit
Reddit is quite a bit different, most of reddit is upset with the PS5 event being delayed. Honestly I never know how this place is going to react, even twitter likes the pokemon tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.