• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
You're not. Let's Go could exist just fine, GF not planning ahead for manpower and a proper development schedule is Game Freak's fault and theirs only.
Though to be fair I kind of get your argument because I, too, was mistaken like you once. I put the blame on Anthem for ruining Mass Effect: Andromeda, but it was actually Bioware's fault the whole time, they were the ones who ended up fucking up both games after all.
Unlike Anthem, which at least had something that sort of resembled a good core idea to it, Let's Go was basically just a worse remake of a game that Game Freak already remade better over a decade prior. The fact that somehow managed to get greenlit with Game Freak already spread so thin is highly suspect.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think canceling your preorder is an overreaction. Let's say they do Ultra Sword and Shield with an additional 100 Pokémon. What's the point of even owning the originals?

This shit is why Game Freak needs to learn about a concept called DLC.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that this news will do is make everyone question why certain Pokémon got in over others

Who cares about Hoothoot and Grubbin? Why aren't Fletchling and Wurmple in the game?

Wailmer? Why not Carvanha instead

Why does Duskull get in over Shuppet?

Why does Combee get in over Burmy?

Why is Goomy in the game and not Dratini?

who cares about Bergmite and Avalugg when we can have Swinub, Piloswine and Mamoswine?

Etc etc

They opened this door and now they can't close it

Exactly, I mean I would be pissed if my favourite Pokémon didn't make it into the game but fricking Goldeen did. What more, I actually looked at Goldeen and the fish Pokémon has been in all regional Pokédex for all 7 generation.

The gen wars are going to get worse from here.

Not up to them since they only publish the games and Game Freak is independant.

Actually The Pokémon Company publishes the games.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean at least I can get a milotic I guess

I suppose this is one way to force people to try the new pokemon

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Unlike Anthem, which at least had something that sort of resembled a good core idea to it, Let's Go was basically just a worse remake of a game that Game Freak already remade better over a decade prior. The fact that somehow managed to get greenlit with Game Freak already spread so thin is highly suspect.
I think in the end we're agreeing on something, but whether Anthem had great ideas behind it and Let's Go didn't is not related to this at all, the fact is both Bioware and Game Freak fucked up and didn't plan accordingly. So yes, this is highly suspect of Game Freak's inability to plan ahead and prepare for the title they are planning to develop.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
No Swablu or Buneary

There goes my hopes for an all rabbit team
Cmd + F

"Nincada"

:(
Just want to clarify that, even if your fave isn't on the list, all hope is not lost. There's a chance they make it in, but it sucks to be in this position as we anticipate the game's release.

I myself am still hoping for Smeargle confirmation. A regional punk variant would be especially cool for him, so I have some hope!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're still a few months from release and we haven't seen much of Pokemon on the regular routes so I wouldn't count your favorite out just yet.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Absolute fucking shit. Complete and utter laziness, models haven't been updated, animations haven't been added. This is completely fucking baffling, I have no words for the sheer stupidity of this decision.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Figured Game Freaks stake was atleast on par with them so thats good to know.
The Pokémon IP stakes are equally split between Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures; however Nintendo owns an undisclosed percentage of Creatures and actually owns the trademark for the Pokémon logo and the names of all the pokémons.
So if push comes to shove Nintendo is going to come on top as they can just forbid GF from using the name Pikachu
They never have to come to to this because Nintendo doesn't find worth it to wage war on GF over them acting like headless chickens because it might damage both and the games still sell despite GF being an unfit developer.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So uh... I didn't think that my work cataloging the Galar Dex in the prior thread would be so relevant but... might as well repost it. Serebii also has a list (and shout-outs to Joe for helping inform several of my inclusions) but I've got several on here that haven't been added to the site yet, plus citations for those Pokemon whose inclusion may be in doubt.

They are listed below, ordered by National Dex number of the earliest-introduced member of the lineage. Those listed outside of parentheses have been shown in official in-game trailers/screenshots, and those in parentheses are assumed to be present based on the presentation of another member of their evolutionary line.
  1. (Charmander)*
  2. (Charmeleon)*
  3. Charizard*
  4. (Caterpie)
  5. Metapod
  6. Butterfree
  7. (Pichu)
  8. Pikachu
  9. Raichu
  10. (Cleffa)**
  11. (Clefairy)**
  12. Clefable**
  13. Vulpix
  14. (Ninetales)
  15. Diglett
  16. Dugtrio
  17. Growlithe
  18. Arcanine
  19. Machop
  20. Machoke
  21. (Machamp)
  22. Gastly
  23. Haunter
  24. (Gengar)
  25. (Onix)
  26. Steelix
  27. (Rhyhorn)
  28. Rhydon
  29. (Rhyperior)
  30. Goldeen
  31. (Seaking)
  32. (Magikarp)
  33. Gyrados
  34. Eevee
  35. (Vaporeon)
  36. (Jolteon)
  37. (Flareon)
  38. (Espeon)
  39. (Umbreon)
  40. (Leafeon)
  41. (Glaceon)
  42. (Sylveon)
  43. Munchlax
  44. Snorlax
  45. Mew
  46. Hoothoot
  47. (Noctowl)
  48. (Chinchou)**
  49. Lanturn**
  50. (Togepi)
  51. (Togetic)
  52. Togekiss
  53. (Wooper)**
  54. Quagsire**
  55. Wynaut
  56. Wobbufet
  57. (Sneasle)**
  58. Weavile**
  59. (Remoraid)***
  60. (Octillery)***
  61. Mantyke
  62. Mantine
  63. (Larvitar)
  64. (Pupitar)
  65. Tyranitar
  66. (Lotad)
  67. (Lombre)
  68. Ludicolo
  69. Wingull
  70. (Pelipper)
  71. Ralts
  72. (Kirlia)
  73. (Gardevoir)
  74. (Gallade)
  75. Electrike
  76. (Manectric)
  77. Budew
  78. (Roselia)
  79. (Roserade)
  80. Wailmer
  81. (Wailord)
  82. (Trapinch)
  83. (Vibrava)
  84. Flygon
  85. (Feebas)
  86. Milotic
  87. Duskull
  88. (Dusclops)
  89. (Dusknoir)
  90. Snowrunt
  91. (Glalie)
  92. (Frosslass)
  93. Combee
  94. Vespiquen
  95. Bronzor
  96. (Bronzong)
  97. Riolu
  98. Lucario
  99. Hippopotas
  100. (Hippowdon)
  101. Snover
  102. (Abomasnow)
  103. (Roggenrola)
  104. (Boldore)
  105. Gigalith
  106. (Tympole)
  107. (Palpitoad)
  108. Seismitoad
  109. Sawk
  110. Trubbish****
  111. (Garbodor)****
  112. Minccino
  113. (Cinccino)
  114. Vanillite
  115. Vanillish
  116. (Vanilluxe)
  117. Frillish
  118. (Jellicent)
  119. (Joltik)
  120. Galvantula
  121. Axew
  122. (Fraxure)
  123. (Haxorus)
  124. (Golett)
  125. Golurk
  126. (Rufflet)
  127. Barviary
  128. (Deino)
  129. Zweilous
  130. Hydreigon
  131. Bunnelby
  132. (Diggersby)
  133. Pancham
  134. Pangoro
  135. Espurr
  136. Meowstic
  137. Swirlix
  138. (Slurpuff)
  139. Inkay
  140. (Malamar)
  141. Hawlucha
  142. (Goomy)****
  143. (Sliggoo)****
  144. Goodra****
  145. (Bergmite)
  146. Avalugg
  147. Grubbin
  148. (Charjabug)
  149. (Vikavolt)
  150. Wishiwashi
  151. (Mudbray)
  152. Mudsdale
  153. Stufful
  154. Bewear
  155. Bounsweet
  156. Steenee
  157. (Tsareena)
  158. Mimikyu****
  159. Grookey
  160. Grookey2
  161. Grookey3
  162. Sobble
  163. Sobble2
  164. Sobble3
  165. Scorbunny
  166. Scorbunny2
  167. Scorbunny3
  168. Wooloo
  169. Gossifleur
  170. Eldegoss
  171. Drednaw
  172. Corviknight
  173. Zacian
  174. Zamazenta
  175. Yamper
  176. Impidimp
  177. Unknown Squirrel Pokemon at 8:58 in Direct Link
* - This line consists of starter Pokemon from a prior generation, and thus are unlikely to be obtainable.
** - This line has only been shown to be encountered through raid battles.
*** - This line has not been shown in any formal capacity, but its presence is heavily implied by the presence of another Pokemon line.
**** - This line is represented in promotional art on the Pokemon Sword and Shield website, though no in-game assets have been revealed.
We're at about 177 right now. I sincerely hope your favorite has made the cut.

Here are the current generation splits. For those curious.

Gen 1: 35
Gen 2: 21
Gen 3: 24
Gen 4: 21
Gen 5: 28
Gen 6: 17
Gen 7: 12
Gen 8: 19

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Here are the current generation splits. For those curious.

Gen 1: 35
Gen 2: 21
Gen 3: 24
Gen 4: 21
Gen 5: 28
Gen 6: 17
Gen 7: 12
Gen 8: 19
Thank you, I had been meaning to do this myself! I have no doubt that the Gen 1 number will continue to rise precipitously, although I must admit that it's not quite as high as I'd expected.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They are deleting and reposting stuff over Facebook too lmao
I can see Gamefreak having a meeting about this soon.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
The Pokémon IP stakes are equally split between Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures, however Nintendo owns an undisclosed percentage of Creatures and actually owns the trademark for the Pokémon logo and the names of all the pokémons.
So if push comes to shove Nintendo is going to come on top as they can just forbid GF from using the name Pikachu
They never have to come to to this because Nintendo doesn't find worth it to wage war on GF over them acting like headless chickens because it might damage both and the games still sell despite GF being an unfit developer.
Actually The Pokémon Company publishes the games.
Huh, TIL. Also really cool bit of info there Entry.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So it's Pokemon Let's Go, but with a mix of all other regions instead of JUST Kanto... In other words, game freak really needed another year or two to get all of the models updated and put in place before releasing an entire new generation of games.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, I had been meaning to do this myself! I have no doubt that the Gen 1 number will continue to rise precipitously, although I must admit that it's not quite as high as I'd expected.

Now to hope every evolution line can get all it's Evolutions in. We don't want a situation where it's like:

"Hey look, the Ralts line is in the game.

Oh, but we didn't put in the Dawn Stone, No Gallades for you."

Since they've shown Togekiss I assume Shiny Stone is in meaning I can get Roserade.

It seems pretty fair based on how big each Gen was.

1, 3, and 5 have the most Pokemon, 2 and 4 are slightly behind, and 6 and 7 are low as expected.

Give it time, I'm sure the splits will get more biased towards those Kanto mons again.

Espicially considering that leak that's been fairly accurate so far talked of Gigantimaxing with 3 Kanto examples -_- .

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can equally appreciate that Game Freak certainly has a scope problem on their hands, but c'mon... there's no way they don't have the money to make it happen.

There shouldn't be a scope problem though. They haven't added extra unique animations per attack/Pokemon and although the textures have been improved the models seem to be mostly the same. If Let's Go's limited selection of Pokemon had come alongside unique animations for attacks and overall more dynamic looking battles people probably would take better a reduced number of Pokemon while they build up things again, but that didn't happen. We're getting an HD version of the previous games (Pokemon/battle-wise) and in spite of that a reduced scope.

They seem to be taking the whole "only hardcore care about this" stance that led to eliminating the post-game battle facilities and cutting actual basic features now.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Kanto also already had an entire HD game ahead of time to update all the Pokémon, so even without Gen 1 bias, it's naturally going to have more due to less work needed

It would be kind of bizarre if the first 151 don't all make it over, due to Let's Go. I mean, even Mew is a part of the Galar Dex.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
It totally sucks, but it's a semi-reasonable technical limitation for what may be the largest and most significant jump in the franchise, and certainly not enough to dissuade me from buying.

Also, potentially something they can remedy via (free or otherwise) DLC as development continues - another advantage of moving this game to Switch over from portable platforms.

It's a HUGE bummer, but as if it's going to prevent me from playing the newest Pokemon game, and it's not like I personally have caught 'em all and they're sitting in the Bank either. I wonder if Lets Go compatibility with the new Bank has anything to do with it, and they don't want an influx of Gen 1 stuff in there for people who've bought Lets Go. Might not make a whole lot of sense, but who knows.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the pokemon that are stuck in purgatory in Pokemon home with nowhere to go

More like Pokemon Homeless

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope people continue to rake GameFreak over the coals for this. It's totally unacceptable. The idea that it's for balance is so fake. The games already have the ability to restrict some Pokemon to certain formats. The actual balance issues like Landorus, UBs, and Tapus which have destroyed the metagame and made it completely unfun could just be banned from any mode they desire.

If Move Tutors were an issue, they could just remove any problematic moves when transferring from Bank to Home. There is no legitimate argument for what GameFreak is doing.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so this means that even with an international dex (if there is one), you won't be able to catch 'em all?

Maybe they will update the game like Pokemon Go to add additional Pokemon? They could splice them into the Wild Area over time.

But yeah, hopefully we're not going to see certain Pokemon left behind in previous generations.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Welp, bit the bullet and cancelled my preorder.

I don't foresee Game Freak changing their plans for Sword & Shield, since I'm sure the game's gonna sell gangbusters regardless... but I'm content sitting this game out and seeing how they move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.