• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Think that poster can handle my response regardless but thanks for getting involved.

Wanting the game to be delayed (because that is what you are all saying) and immaturely screaming/demanding them isn't though apparently.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a game to be delayed if the game has to make cutbacks. It happens all the time in this industry.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Like, how do you defend this? Everybody has a favorite Pokemon, and by not allowing all of them to appear in the game by some means, however complicated, they are being deprived of something that is core to the Pokemon experience. If they're not in the Galar dex, am I just supposed to abandon my Tentacruel Bubbles, who has been with me for literally 15 years? If my favorite Pokemon Smeargle isn't found in this region, I'm just supposed to shrug and find a new favorite, I suppose.

It sounds silly, but this is, like, a HUGE part of what Pokemon is all about. This is a bad move by Game Freak, and I SERIOUSLY hope they change it via a patch at some point.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
do people relize the switch, unlike the 3ds, supports patching/ dlc easier. we will get more over time. my guess is we get 300 to 400, but wouldnt be shocked if we end this gen closer to 600.

It's Gamefreak. You'll be paying $60 for a new game to get additional Pokémon. No compatibility with Sword and Shield.

Nov 23, 2017
People are allowed to vent their frustrations. You don't have any leg to stand on about maturity.

Pokémon had an event for Buneary a few months ago in Pokemon Go and Lopunny is a competitive mon in the main series. But hey, because you don't like them, they should disappear.
I do like them, not at the cost of the game or the rest of the work they're doing.
So "screw you, got mine". You should have said from the beginning instead of the embarrassing defense from these last few pages.
Nah, you're saying "Screw everyone else until -I- get mine."
And you swallowed that bullshit excuse with pleasure I see.

Ahh, it's a conspiracy/lies now. Ok.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: they will have all 151 from kanto and the furrybait shitmons nobody likes. Your favorite pokemon in particular has been left out.
Thankfully, my favorite pokemon are the ones considered "furrybait" like Lucario, Infernape, Zeraora, etc
All the confirmed Pokemon so far...is your bro/sis in?

Imagine the RAGE when hated Pokemon get in over super popular ones.

I feel we're gonna see everyone from Gen 1 though for sure.
Galvantula, Vanilluxe, and(Since Dusknoir and Rhyperior are there, I'd assumed) Magmortar, aces.

Now just gimme Volcarona, Emboar, and Monferno.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I just can't at people acting like no big deal. The Pokémon creatures, if they're 800 or 1000, that will always be the most important part of a Pokémon game, is the foundation of the whole franchise.

I don't even care that much about the competitive play. The most important aspect to me has always been collecting them all. Carrying on through the generations only to arrive to SwSh and tell us they won't have all the Pokémon?

Yes they're a lot of Pokémon, but then they should get a bigger team, or more developing time. Or reduce other features in order to give priority to the Pokémon. Every Pokémon is someone's favorite. It's unfair. It's ridiculous.

It just sucks, because, it already happened with Gen III (the missing Pokémon were still programmed at least) and then they kinda tried to do it with Gen V (though they were avaialable post game).

What I mean is, they had plenty of opportunities to "cut" Pokémon with every generation, and let us know that we just couldn't expect to have every existing Pokémon on every new game. But they've had us accustomed to that for over 20 years, and only now they decide to start cutting Pokémon, despite giving us hope with those Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Home apps?

It's unbelievable, unacceptable, disappointing to say the least.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I would think every Pokemon with a Mega would be safe but at this point, I wouldn't even put it past them to cut a few of those out, too.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I hope they can fix this with updates later down the line. I hope they see the demand and relent.

But then again... GF works in weird (and sometimes boneheaded) ways, so I won't hold my breath.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, Game Freak is the worst developer. I hope someday The Pokemon Company gives the mainline games to someone else.

LuWis

Mar 25, 2019
The only way they can get away with this is if there is a Pokemon Battle Simulator Game like Battle Revolution that has all the Pokemon... shame if not!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The Home support doesn't even come till next year, so they have plenty of time to reverse this decision, so everybody keep making noise so they know we hate this decision.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
What was even the purpose of making these models with future hardware in mind if only a handful of them will get used?

I've been transferring all my mons to the new games since Gen 3, so this really sucks.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Count me out then, mainline titles cannot get away with having restricted amounts of Pokemon, Game Freak painted themselves into a corner years ago in that regard. Especially so when you're trying to sell people a companion app to bring their favourites from 15 year old games all the way forwards. Too bad if getting every Pokemon in the game is hard, that's the end result of adding over a hundred more per generation and Game Freak of all developers can't try to use cost an excuse.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Ok, stamp your feet and tantrum because pokemon that you don't even know are in or not are not in the game...maybe. Do you really need Budew? Do you really need Klink? Do you really need all the pokemon? Why?
Because they like those Pokemon? Because we were explicitly promised that the 3D models used in the 3ds games were future proofed, and that Bank would prevent cutoffs in transferring Pokemon? People invested tons of time in there collections, whether they wanted a living Pokedex or to breed and train competitive Pokemon, under the impression that all their work would be carry over from game to game, and suffered through the performance issues of the 3ds games because these models would be used for a long time. It's an extremely shitty situation, one that people are rightfully upset over, and if they don't want to buy the games anymore, that's completely understandable. But, just like with Let's Go, we have people sticking up for bad decisions that don't help anybody and pull the "you'll buy it anyway card" as if that's a reasonable argument and not just aggressive dismissal of criticism. You can be fine with the decision, but everyone who is upset is 100% justified in feeling that way, you can take that dismissive mess somewhere else.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I would think every Pokemon with a Mega would be safe but at this point, I wouldn't even put it past them to cut a few of those out, too.
We've already seen the Bunnelby-Diggersby line make an appearance.
What are the odds they include another bunny pokemon line on top of that one and our starter Scorbunny?
Not feeling too optimistic about Buneary-Lopunny making the cut. (And, if one does, my money's on Azumarill.)

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
"I need all the pokemon! do more work! If not fuck you pokemon is dead!" is 1000x times more selfish. Get over yourself.

Wanting all of the Pokémon in a mainline Pokémon game isn't selfish. If you're forking over $60 and not getting what you want, you have a right to be unhappy.

I'm not sure why you're so upset that people are bothered by this. It's a pretty human reaction to be disappointed by having something taken away.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I understand cutting corners and all that, but this is a huge bummer. Guess it was in order to make a 2019 release. Wouldn't have called Pokemon coming out faster than Animal Crossing. There's a super high chance this will be fixed in the third version of these games (provided they even make one), but the damage is pretty much done. I'm still going to buy Sword/Shield because these games do look good, but this decision does deserve (non hostile, though who am I kidding; shit's already hostile as hell) criticism.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
do people relize the switch, unlike the 3ds, supports patching/ dlc easier. we will get more over time. my guess is we get 300 to 400, but wouldnt be shocked if we end this gen closer to 600.

Let's lower the bar very low, than raise it a bit. Got it. I was very disappointed with USM, I gave a pass to Pokemon Go because it was a side game to tide us over to the real mainline game. If it's indeed 300 it's ridiculous. Didn't GF say that the reason the performance of the 3DS games was so bad was because there were so many polygons on the models as future proofing?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Fuck, I would even be fine with no new Pokemon if it meant that every past Pokemon could be back. That's FAR more important.

Nov 23, 2017
User banned (2 Weeks): trolling across a series of threads, a long history of similar behavior.
Wanting all of the Pokémon in a mainline Pokémon game isn't selfish. If you're forking over $60 and not getting what you want, you have a right to be unhappy.

I'm not sure why you're so upset that people are bothered by this. It's a pretty human reaction to be disappointed by having something taken away.
I'm not upset at people having that opinion, I am upset at the total "gamer outrage" (TM) I see about it though. but it's pretty shocking to see a sudden sea change about the game in a complete 180. You know, like...maybe it's a knee jerk reaction people are having? Maybe they should realize you can't get what you want in life always? It doesn't make the rest of the game suddenly bad and you all know that!

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't at people acting like no big deal. The Pokémon creatures, if they're 800 or 1000, that will always be the most important part of a Pokémon game, is the foundation of the whole franchise.

I don't even care that much about the competitive play. The most important aspect to me has always been collecting them all. Carrying on through the generations only to arrive to SwSh and tell us they won't have all the Pokémon?

Yes they're a lot of Pokémon, but then they should get a bigger team, or more developing time. Or reduce other features in order to give priority to the Pokémon. Every Pokémon is someone's favorite. It's unfair. It's ridiculous.

It just sucks, because, it already happened with Gen III (the missing Pokémon were still programmed at least) and then they kinda tried to do it with Gen V (though they were avaialable post game).

What I mean is, they had plenty of opportunities to "cut" Pokémon with every generation, and let us know that we just couldn't expect to have every existing Pokémon on every new game. But they've had us accustomed to that for over 20 years, and only now they decide to start cutting Pokémon, despite giving us hope with those Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Home apps?

It's unbelievable, unacceptable, disappointing to say the least.

If anything Home shows that the Pokemon that will not be included in SwSh have not been "cut from the canon", so to speak. They should get their turn somewhere down the line... Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.