• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I don't get it too honestly, but I think the Dynamax models have a few different things and there's the rumor about new forms being tied to Dynamax. Masuda used Dynamax as an example of "different models" that make it hard for them to bring all Pokémon back (lol).

The camping minigame is the new Amie/Refresh. It was in the leak and you can see it in the E3 trailer a bit with Sobble camping and doing some different animations to the camera.
Ah okay yeah! Thanks :) And yeah, I guess different models could be a reason, but either way, no excuse.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I saw this floating around twitter:

D84OzH8XkAE-7O6.jpg

This is just... Like I said, this is a level of incompetence I've never seen from a professional studio before.
WTF am I reading?

This can't be real.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
They should just put in all the Ice and Fairy Pokemon, that's it, no questions asked, just all Ice and Fairy types, all the Ice and Fairy Pokemon they can handle, okay, that's it, nothing except Ice and Fairy, Ice and Fairy all day, if I see anything other than Ice and Fairy I'm gonna riot, I swear upon me gran'mum in heaven I'm gonna riot, if I don't see every single Ice and Fairy Pokemon in the game, I swear, just give me the Ice and Fairy, no joke, I'm not kidding, it makes things simple - Ice -- Fairy -- boom, done, nothing else.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it too honestly, but I think the Dynamax models have a few different things and there's the rumor about new forms being tied to Dynamax. Masuda used Dynamax as an example of "different models" that make it hard for them to bring all Pokémon back (lol).

The camping minigame is the new Amie/Refresh. It was in the leak and you can see it in the E3 trailer a bit with Sobble camping and doing some different animations to the camera.
I don't know why GF always wants minigames with nice animations. I can honestly say every game I've played with one I've experienced it once to see what it is and never touched it again unless I was forced to like Sylveon evo.

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
This is the current known list:

SoIri8h.jpg

Ralts is actually one of the ones already confirmed. Although again, this is assuming if one of a line is, then all of it's line is in. Reminder that was not the case in Let's Go.

What do the crossed out pokemon mean? Or rather, what's the source?
I get that the highlighted ones must be pokemon confirmed to appear in galar pokedex. Grey must be status unknown. And logically I would assume that crossed out pokemon are pokemon confirmed to not be in it. But how are those pokemon being confirmed out? I was not aware any specific exemptions had already been stated. But I haven't been watching too closely.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
In a world where Wendy's Twitter does in fact do that, I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

Edit: also I'm not saying they're told to do that and I also dont think its intentional either. Im just saying it's the current narrative being pushed. Dont shit on me.

I'm not shitting on you, I disagree with you. But what you said here is only applicable if this were the Wendy's twitter.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I get that the highlighted ones must be pokemon confirmed to appear in galar pokedex. Grey must be status unknown. And logically I would assume that crossed out pokemon are pokemon confirmed to not be in it. But how are those pokemon being confirmed out? I was not aware any specific exemptions had already been stated. But I haven't been watching too closely.
The crossed out ones are Megas and Ultra Necrozma, the latter of which requires a Z Move to transform.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Crossed out are the Megas (and Ultra Necrozma), as they have confirmed in an interview Megas and Z-Moves are out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fa...removed-from-pokémon-sword-and-shield.122923/

Eightley

Nov 6, 2018
Short-term fan response is one thing, but I'm personally curious about how this'll affect the franchise going forward. Are they going to swap old pokemon in and out of rotation with each generation's new games, or are the ones that didn't make it into S/S gone forever? Will they just slowly add everyone from pre-Gen 7 back over time with each Switch hardware game?

If some pokemon from Gen 1 are left out, despite Let's Go giving having Switch models made for them, it means that they might not have a plan to slowly build the available pokemon stock back to normal with each successive release.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
I wouldn't even feel a little bit relieved if my favorite got in just because I'd know others would be missing out on theirs. This isn't what I thought pokemon was about.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Short-term fan response is one thing, but I'm personally curious about how this'll affect the franchise going forward. Are they going to swap old pokemon in and out of rotation with each generation's new games, or are the ones that didn't make it into S/S gone forever? Will they just slowly add everyone from pre-Gen 7 back over time with each Switch hardware game?

If some pokemon from Gen 1 are left out, despite Let's Go giving having Switch models made for them, it means that they might not have a plan to slowly build the available pokemon stock back to normal with each successive release.
This one

Oct 25, 2017
The crossed out ones are Megas and Ultra Necrozma, the latter of which requires a Z Move to transform.
Crossed out are the Megas (and Ultra Necrozma), as they have confirmed in an interview Megas and Z-Moves are out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/famitsu-mega-evolutions-and-z-moves-have-been-removed-from-pokémon-sword-and-shield.122923/
Ohhh since they were covered I didn't realize they were the megas. Thanks. That makes sense. I should have realized that.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, I'm just taking the piss out of GF and to a much lesser degree Pikachu fans but not really. I'd lying if I said their wasn't a kernel of truth in it though.

isn't there a rumor that he becomes the old rounder design when giant? I like Pikachu a lot, think its maybe the best creature design maybe ever, but all the favoritism does take away from it and im really hoping its not the whole of gen1 getting into this game.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I was thinking of that. they're so gone

there will be a tease that gigantification is related to the ultra world

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

They're never going to have 700+ Pokemon available to catch in a given game. So with Game Freak's new direction, each game going forward will have a different lineup of Pokemon. Some Pokemon may be in each new game, while others won't. Some may not be in any of them. It creates huge compatibility issues as players will then have to look up which Pokemon are compatible with a given game. Trading and battling communities will form in each game which will be separate from all the other games, and people will gravitate to certain games based on which Pokemon are there. The player base becomes fractured as a result.

It's just going to be an absolute nightmare going forward.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Everyone says this but, as I kept pointing out, Game Freak referred to it as a mainline game, just not a core one.

Lo and behold.
Let's Go wasn't the reason GF did this, it's not hard to see and I have already explained myself in this thread. If someone believes they saw Let's Go's reception and sales and decided to go ahead with cutting Pokémon in SwSh as well, then they are completely missing how projects are supposed to work and that timelines are a thing when working on a big project like this one.

Oct 28, 2017
Why would I use emulation when I already own the systems and games? That's just more busywork for less payout.
Fair enough, was just a recommendation for you to be able to use AR codes without spending $70. Although I do recommend backing up your save if you care about it.
Romhacking is pretty cool.
Also this, there's some pretty good Pokémon Romhacks out there.
isn't there a rumor that he becomes the old rounder design when giant? I like Pikachu a lot, think its maybe the best creature design maybe ever, but all the favoritism does take away from it and im really hoping its not the whole of gen1 getting into this game.
Fatchu coming back is awesome I won't lie. Yeah really though I'm just tired of him and the Gen 1 pandering and I started with Red and Blue.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This would be understandable... if the game actually looked leaps and bounds better than Sun/Moon.... but they don't, for the first "mainline" switch game, it honestly looks like an up-ressed 3DS game.

That's why the cut pokemon make no sense. where did the extra effort go exactly? Are they seriously implying dynamax actually took that much effort?

Gamefreak needs to stop doing yearly releases, it's hurting the games bad. Every game since the DS generation has felt rushed.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I dislike Let's Go as much as a lot of you and I think many of its decisions are bad for the series. But I think it's better to keep everyone under the same umbrella now, I doubt Let's Go fans also agree with this decision of removing Pokémon.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
How I wish pokemon stars was true instead of this game. I much rather play s&m in HD then what we are getting

Oct 28, 2017
Let's Go wasn't the reason GF did this, it's not hard to see and I have already explained myself in this thread. If someone believes they saw Let's Go's reception and sales and decided to go ahead with cutting Pokémon in SwSh as well, then they are completely missing how projects are supposed to work and that timelines are a thing when working on a big project like this one.
I'm curious, do you think Let's Go could of been a test run of sorts though?
How I wish pokemon stars was true instead of this game. I much rather play s&m in HD then what we are getting
Yeah but considering their incompitance we'd probably still be in the same issue.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
What I still wonder about is all the walking and running animations for all 800+ Pokemon that were found a few years ago.

They've never been used in any game.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I dislike Let's Go as much as a lot of you and I think many of its decisions are bad for the series. But I think it's better to keep everyone under the same umbrella now, I doubt Let's Go fans also agree with this decision of removing Pokémon.

My enjoyment of those games weighed largely on the premise that the next games were the expected full roster and usual mechanics.

I'm curious, do you think Let's Go could of been a test run of sorts though?

for Gen 8? no, the games only just launched and started development at a later date. The overworld Pokemon might have been tested using that game perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.