• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn y'all what did I do

you know what you did

300.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time for guesswork!

DeNA collaboration
Mystery Dungeon game for Switch
Announcement of further Hollywood movie(s)
Theme Park tie-up
SYNERGY

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Live actions movies are licensed to Warner Bros., so I don't think they'd talk about this today.

You're probably right, but it's worth noting that the Pokemon Company works as a production company for the movies and is heavily involved in their creation and production. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You're probably right, but it's worth noting that the Pokemon Company works as a production company for the movies and is heavily involved in their creation and production. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
It'd be like Disney revealing the Marvel movies even though they're made by Marvel Studios

Sort of

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Conservative predictions:

Pokemon Snap 2, free movement instead of a rail shooter
Another Pokemon TCG RPG with actual robust single player and non-microtransaction progression
A 2D Pokemon fighting game
A Pokemon Tactical RPG game that's not by Koei
The Mewtwo origin and Red/Blue live action adaptations are being pushed up ahead of the Detective Pikachu direct sequel and are given dates for the next two years

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm not expecting much of anything for me out of news tonight, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely more excited for next week's at the moment.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Are there any chance we can get a Let's Go update? Maybe add Wild battle so I can go back and replay it? If not I'm okay with it only if they add Wild Battles to Let's Go 2 if their's going be one

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Prediction: Cyber type will be introduced in the Digimon cross-over game announced at the press conference tonight. Porygon will retroactively be made a Digimon.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any chance we can get a Let's Go update? Maybe add Wild battle so I can go back and replay it? If not I'm okay with it only if they add Wild Battles to Let's Go 2 if their's going be one
Game Freak don't tend to update their RPGs, and Let's Go probably is going to stay away from the wild battles in future incarnations, so I'm afraid not.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Waiiiiiiit if they're getting POKEMON out of the way before an E3 Direct they must have some stuff coming our way. I can't see them letting just Animal Crossing dominate the conversation at E3.
I can, actually.
But who knows? I'd say E3 could be a chance to allow some games "different" games to shine (and pokemon certainly won't be bigger because of a E3)

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Please, it's a walking joke how practically everyone laughs at him and his bullshit.
Who are you even talking about? Team Skull doesn't respect him cause he's a hired gun and they don't think of him as a full member. That's not the same thing as laughing at him cause he's "edgy" or whatever you want to call it.

GF was definitely in on the joke.
That's not mocking the character though.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiiiiiiit if they're getting POKEMON out of the way before an E3 Direct they must have some stuff coming our way. I can't see them letting just Animal Crossing dominate the conversation at E3.

Don't forget about the other few hundred switch games we already know about.

Animal Crossing
Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon S&S will still probably get a minute or three.
Links Awaking
Astral Chain
Wolfenstine
Doom
Probably 1 Ubisoft game
Probably 1 Capcom game
DxM
Luigi's Mansion 3
MUA3
Town
Bayo 3
Smash DLC
Mario Party DLC

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Who are you even talking about? Team Skull doesn't respect him cause he's a hired gun and they don't think of him as a full member. That's not the same thing as laughing at him cause he's "edgy" or whatever you want to call it.

That's not mocking the character though.
1514901219499.jpg

The game definitely makes fun of him a little, in a good natured way

Staff Post: Please use the dedicated topic for the May 28th/29th Livestream (link)

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication
We have two Pokémon events coming up and want to make sure we have a dedicated thread for each. As of now, this thread is only for discussion surrounding the Nintendo Direct presentation in June. If you would like to discuss the May 28th/29th livestream about the Pokémon brand in general, please use the dedicated topic you can find at the link below. Thanks folks!

Pokémon 'new business strategy' presentation will be livestreamed on May 29th 2:00 AM GMT/10:00 AM JST (May 28th 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST)

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We have two Pokémon events coming up and want to make sure we have a dedicated thread for each. As of now, this thread is only for discussion surrounding the Nintendo Direct presentation in June. If you would like to discuss the May 28th/29th livestream about the Pokémon brand in general, please use the dedicated topic you can find at the link below. Thanks folks!

Pokémon 'new business strategy' presentation will be livestreamed on May 29th 2:00 AM GMT/10:00 AM JST (May 28th 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST)

This link isn't working for me, it just sends me to google. Here's the correct link if anyone else is having an issue.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
15 minutes is a lot of time. I think we'll see the box legendaries, an explanation on the big football stadium gyms, and the battle gimmick for this generation.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
ok... so this is now the thread for the Direct

uhm, I hope we get at least one cross-gen evolution. Don't have too many hopes, but anything can happen.

I think we'll get:
  • Game footage of the starters
  • Boxart with the legendaries / legendary and maybe a tiny bit of footage of them like, just the wild encounter pose or maybe just a cinematic that is not part of the actual game
  • Maybe the regional bird, the rodent or both
  • A little bit about customization of the trainer
  • Maybe a gym will be shown / explained (if there is a new mechanic indeed)
  • Professor (s) of the region
  • A few new Pokémon including, my guesses: a Water type, Fire, Fairy, Electric, Ground or Bug or a combination of those (just totally random and biased guess)
  • Some sort of transportation, either the train, riding a bycicle or a Pokémon, etc
  • Hopefully something regarding connectivity with either Poké Bank, Pokémon Go, Pokémon Let's Go or a new app
  • Maybe even something about Meltan's role in the game (if any)
  • Release date

But I don't really want to think much about it and just be open to the huge or tiny amount of info we get. There's still months before the games come out so if we don't get enough info now, we all will be pissed, but if we get a ton of info, I'll get super anxious and the waiting will be unbearable

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I really liked Hau and his character.

My only real complaint is that he being champion in Ultra Sun just didnt feel as impactful as the Kukui battle in the vanilla games.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part of that sense of danger came from antagonistic rivals though. the thought that blue could ambush you while going to a new route and force you into a battle was real while in the new games, Hau will heal your team beforehand and ask first if you want to have a battle. It's completely pointless to have a "surprise' Hau encounter if he's going to hand me five potions, heal my team and ask me five times if i'm SUUUUURE i want to battle his team (which is already gimped down by him picking the weak starter against ours from battle 01)

Not sure why people always get these two mixed up

Hau is the real protagonist and you're the shitty rival who beats him to the punch every step of the way

Mar 30, 2019
I'd rather have an edgy tryhard like Silver with parody-level behaviour than another Hau "Malasada" bro who thinks my Pokemon need more level so he comes and let me beat him while cheering for me in the battle.

Yeah.

Hau was VERY well written in USUM. One of the better changes USUM did. One of the dialogues in USUM:

"It's good to have fun in battle, sure... But losing a battle because all you're really doing is having fun is...well... You can't let down your Pokémon when they're fighting their hardest for you, now can you?" "Right, <Hau's starter's final evolution Pokémon>?" "I know you want to win... And I'm gonna make sure that happens!""When we're both done with our island challenges, we should have a serious battle. You and me. Pokémon and their Trainers have gotta have their hearts in the same place if they're gonna win in battle! That's the way to really have a blast together!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.